Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 9/5/2019 11:03:31 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gridley380

The US gets some CVEs early too - I think all four of the Sangamon arrive early.

In DBB Sangamon and sisters (except Santee) arrive Dec 15 1942 at Balboa, which is consistent with them leaving the Torch area in mid-November 1942 for overhaul at Norfolk and their arrival at New Caledonia on January 4th, 1943.

However, the arrival date for Santee is wrong, the game has her arriving at Tacoma on May 22, 1943 - at that time she was based at Norfolk for ASW duty in the Atlantic. She transited the Panama Canal for Pacific duty on 18–19 February 1944.

While at it, there a really extreme cases of early arrivals - the Balao class submarine USS Ling for example enters the game on December 15, 1943 - in fact she was commissioned only on June 8th 1945 and never made a war patrol!

< Message edited by LargeSlowTarget -- 9/5/2019 11:04:22 AM >

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 151
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 9/5/2019 1:31:16 PM   
Gridley380

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

In DBB Sangamon and sisters (except Santee) arrive Dec 15 1942 at Balboa, which is consistent with them leaving the Torch area in mid-November 1942 for overhaul at Norfolk and their arrival at New Caledonia on January 4th, 1943.

However, the arrival date for Santee is wrong, the game has her arriving at Tacoma on May 22, 1943 - at that time she was based at Norfolk for ASW duty in the Atlantic. She transited the Panama Canal for Pacific duty on 18–19 February 1944.

While at it, there a really extreme cases of early arrivals - the Balao class submarine USS Ling for example enters the game on December 15, 1943 - in fact she was commissioned only on June 8th 1945 and never made a war patrol!

There are days I wonder how long it would take to go through DANFS for every USN ship commissioned before the end of the war and note down when she entered the Pacific (and left, for those that did). Then there are days I say "someone on this forum must have already done that and made a spreadsheet... right?"

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 152
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 9/16/2019 4:39:38 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gridley380

There are days I wonder how long it would take to go through DANFS for every USN ship commissioned before the end of the war and note down when she entered the Pacific (and left, for those that did). Then there are days I say "someone on this forum must have already done that and made a spreadsheet... right?"

Take a look at Spooky's site. There's a huge amount of data there, including lots of downloadable excel spreadsheets. There may be one or two which have the arrival date info you are looking for.

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 153
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 9/17/2019 9:05:38 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

Gridley380, I would love to get hold of such a spreadsheet as well.

As it is, while going through DANFS I correct the data directly in the editor.

But it is possible to dump the scenario files into .csv files via the witploadae.exe tool in order to obtain a spreadsheet.

That said, DANFS does not always gives exact dates and or locations in the AE sense i.e. where and when a vessel is entering the map, so guesstimates must be made working backwards / forward from available information.

I also found DANFS to be incomplete - the entries for USS Plaice (SS-390) and USS Trutta (SS-421) for example are missing - both saw service in the PTO.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 154
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 9/19/2019 5:43:08 PM   
ReadyR

Hello LST. Thinking about launching a PBEM of the Bottlenecks mod. Do you have an update on the ETA for your new version? Given that it probably won't update a game that is already underway, should we wait a bit...or dive in with the current version?

Many thanks.

Post #: 155
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 9/20/2019 6:41:13 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

Hi ReadyR, appreciate your interest in my mod. As explained on page 4, I plan to release three different versions.

My own base scenario is 61, the version with reduced number of R&D and simplified Japanese engine production. I have finished the revision of US subs, but haven't had time to run the scenario and check my latest changes.

If ok, I will "work backwards" and apply the changes to my scen 60 and 59 files, the versions with normal Japanese engine production. This will require dumping the scenario files into .csv files and doing some copying and pasting of device, location and aircraft data to replace the engine models in factories and aircraft models. Then I have to check in-game for any data errors.

So, if you want to play scen 61, I can send the files before the end of the month, for the others I cannot provide an ETA yet. I do have a week off end of October which hopefully allows me to finish the other scenarios - but that will depend on the "honey-do list"...

(in reply to ReadyR)
Post #: 156
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 9/21/2019 3:14:45 PM   
ReadyR

Hi LST. Many thanks! Have discussed with my opponent. We are both keen to dive in, so we will be going with your current Scen 59. Really looking forward to the mod.

Post #: 157
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 11/3/2019 5:31:18 PM   
ReadyR

Hi LST. Real life has prevented us from getting started on our game until recently. We are about a week in and I really enjoy what I have seen so far. It is truly much more difficult to get supply and units moving as Allies. And while in other games I have an Ace or two at Clark or Manila, I now have mostly wreckage...

One question. I guess because I am Canadian, I take a special interest in the two (under strength and under trained units..Winnipeg Grenadiers and Royal Rifles) that were in Hong Kong as part of the garrison. Your mod does not include them. I recognize they did not last long, but they fought valiantly. What was the rationale to not including them...oversight, or lack of slots...?

Post #: 158
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 11/4/2019 1:11:43 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

Hi ReadyR, glad you enjoy the mod. It should be more difficult for the Japanese as well to move stuff around. Do you play with my pwhexe.dat file?

Lack of database slots keep me from modelling all Bn sized units individually. The Hong Kong garrison consisted of two British, two Indian and two Canadian Bns, plus AA and arty, the Volunteer Defense Corps, a Royal Marine Detachment and oddly even a squad of Free French. "My" Hong Kong garrison consists of a "Kowloon brigade" with the two Indian and a British Bn which manned the Gindrinkers line and a "Hong Kong brigade" of the two Canadian and one British Bn which manned the island defenses. If you look at the TOE of the two brigades, you will find all the aforementioned elements, inclusive the Canadians and even the Free French. In the latest version I am currently working on I have added Canadian brigadier John K. Lawson as a new leader and have put him in charge of the Hong Kong brigade. He was the senior Canadian officer at Hong Kong and the highest-ranking Canadian soldiers KIA during the war.

Let me know if you have other questions.

< Message edited by LargeSlowTarget -- 11/4/2019 1:12:53 AM >

(in reply to ReadyR)
Post #: 159
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 11/4/2019 3:40:30 PM   
ReadyR

Thanks for this. I now see that they are there! (I should have dug a bit deeper)

Yes, we are playing with your pwhexe.dat file.

If we bump into any questions/issues I will let you know.

RR

Post #: 160
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 11/25/2019 11:17:02 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

Hi,

I have finally "finalised" version 1.3 of my Bottlenecks mod and I have a "release candidate" to share.

Scenarios Bottlenecks v1.3RC
AlliedShip_Back
AlliedShip_Transp
JapShip_Back
JapShipShills_transp

The "release candidate" is an incremental update, so you need Bottleneck v1.2b installed (see page 1) plus the files above to arrive at Bottlenecks v1.3RC.

I'm still testing and would appreciate help and feedback from anyone interested in this mod.

"Changelog" (going from memory again - I'm too lazy to take notes, there are probable more small things I have changed):

- fixes for a number of database glitches, for example some Zeros having different 20mm canon models on normal range and on extended range
- fix for SWPac HQ being "not in play" (due to having a sub-unit - Dougout Doug)
- added missing art file for Hashima class netlayer
- added missing late-war IJN oiler Hario
- added missing late-war minelayers of the Minoo and Kamishima classes
- corrected classes for oilers Kazahaya and Hayasui, Hayasui gains the missing flight deck and float planes
- corrected Akitsu Maru: Was used as assault ship and aircraft ferry > can instant-convert between LSD (many troops, few planes) and AKV (few troops, many planes). Can upgrade the "flying-off platform" to full flight deck to operate Ki-76 and Ka-1, which she apparently did IRL (but ship remains LSD type, not being a full CVE)
- corrected Nitsigu Maru: Apparently she did not have a "flying-off platform" > new class and art file. Has conversion option to become a "flight deck LSD" like Akitsu Maru.
- corrected speed of the 4-stackers-converted-to-Banana-boats - they could make only 16kn, not 27kn.
- modified the endurance of the Bangor and Bathurst classes, they seemed to be too short-legged according to internet findings
- more corrections to ship arrival dates and locations, esp. US submarines (data from DANFS)
- minor name changes of devices and units to help with "organisation" in the game resp. working in the editor

The most important innovation in v1.3 concerns R&D and Japanese engine management:

1. With current R&D model, the Japanese can advance the availability dates of planes by several months if not years, for example flying Zero M8 and Frank-r by 1943 - this is unrealistic and is a major gripes for AFBs.

2. Japanese aircraft R&D / production and engine production requires considerable engine management efforts, something which discourages playing Japan.

Since the philosophy of this mod is "more historically accurate (personal bias and all)", I will try to limit the unrealistic advancement of late-war plane types.

Also, I personally do not relish the engine management part of the game.

However, since other players may prefer things as they are and want to micromanage and optimize production, I will propose three scenario variants:

- scenario 059 Standard R&D
> standard engine production
> all 74 R&D factories available

- scenario 060 Limited R&D
> standard engine production
> only planes actually under R&D in Dec 1941 have a R&D factory assigned
> only the first version of a model line has a R&D factoy assigned, e.g. there is a R&D factory for the Jill B6N1, but none for the Jill B6N2
> this reduces the number of available R&D factories from 74 to 18
> so JFBs have still some leeway, but face far tougher choices and shouldn't be able to advance multiple late-war types
> the other R&D factories are now production factories, set to produce 0 units per month of a fictional "plane" called "R&D / Preprod setup"
> the JFB player can change these factories to produce available airframes, but he will still be limited by the engines bottleneck

- scenario 061 Simplified Production
> contains limited R&D like in Scen 060
> all planes except those using jets, rockets and 'foreign engines' use a generic "engine" device, just like the Allied planes do > no more engine management!
> research engine factories become available at the appropriate date (e.g. the "Ha-60" becomes the "10/42" engine and the factory can be switched to produce "engine" devices in 10/42)
> Samurai hono(u)r demands that engine research remain untouched, i.e. no switching of late-war factories to the earliest date available
> to offset the now easier / more efficient engine production, repair costs for engine factories have been doubled to 2000 supplies / point - so be careful not to over-extend!

(in reply to ReadyR)
Post #: 161
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 11/25/2019 5:59:40 PM   
Kull

Nice work, LST! I'm curious about your Japanese cable layers (see attached example from Gakken magazine). For the longest time I kept seeing those things on the net, but had no idea what they were. Makes a really neat-looking ship-side but what do they do, in-game?

Also, what is JnSide0402.bmp ("No Image Available") intended to represent? Perhaps it's something i could help with.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 162
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 11/27/2019 9:04:00 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

Hi Kull, the Hashima class "cable layers" were actually "mine planters", they placed powerful "controlled mines" and connecting cables in straits and harbor approaches. The cables connected the mines to a shore-based control station which could trigger the mines electrically if enemy ships tried to pass through. I have added a new "mine type 92" device which can be layed only by the four Hashimas.

< Message edited by LargeSlowTarget -- 11/27/2019 9:28:31 AM >

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 163
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 11/27/2019 3:26:17 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Hi Kull, the Hashima class "cable layers" were actually "mine planters", they placed powerful "controlled mines" and connecting cables in straits and harbor approaches. The cables connected the mines to a shore-based control station which could trigger the mines electrically if enemy ships tried to pass through. I have added a new "mine type 92" device which can be layed only by the four Hashimas.

Thanks, that's very interesting. I looked up those mines, and they are something else - five times the explosive power of the Type 93s (the most powerful mines carried by any of the CM classes).

Post #: 164
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 12/9/2019 6:06:50 PM   
saj42

Enjoying getting in to AE again after a few years and with this mod too!

Using Tracker and getting these errors (Dec 18, '41) for a few days now:

Can't find device 213
WARNING: Can't find device 4 for LCU 5064
WARNING: Can't find device 5 for LCU 5064
WARNING: Can't find device 6 for LCU 5064
WARNING: Can't find device 7 for LCU 5064
WARNING: Can't find device 8 for LCU 5064
WARNING: Can't find device 9 for LCU 5064
WARNING: Can't find device 10 for LCU 5064
WARNING: Can't find device 11 for LCU 5064
WARNING: Can't find device 12 for LCU 5064
WARNING: Can't find device 13 for LCU 5064
WARNING: Can't find device 14 for LCU 5064
WARNING: Can't find device 15 for LCU 5064
WARNING: Can't find device 16 for LCU 5064
WARNING: Can't find device 4 for LCU 5065
WARNING: Can't find device 5 for LCU 5065
WARNING: Can't find device 6 for LCU 5065
WARNING: Can't find device 7 for LCU 5065
WARNING: Can't find device 8 for LCU 5065
WARNING: Can't find device 9 for LCU 5065
WARNING: Can't find device 10 for LCU 5065
WARNING: Can't find device 11 for LCU 5065
WARNING: Can't find device 12 for LCU 5065
WARNING: Can't find device 13 for LCU 5065
WARNING: Can't find device 14 for LCU 5065
WARNING: Can't find device 15 for LCU 5065
WARNING: Can't find device 16 for LCU 5065
WARNING: Unknown row in operations file <D:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition LST Bottleneck\SAVE\aoperationsreport.txt>: [SS Porpoise]
WARNING: Unknown row in operations file <D:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition LST Bottleneck\SAVE\aoperationsreport.txt>: [SS Tarpon]
WARNING: Unknown row in operations file <D:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition LST Bottleneck\SAVE\aoperationsreport.txt>: [SS Snapper]
WARNING: Unknown row in operations file <D:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition LST Bottleneck\SAVE\aoperationsreport.txt>: [SS S-39]

Not a issue, just thought to share for any future updates.

Rgds
Steve

< Message edited by saj42 -- 12/9/2019 6:07:41 PM >

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 165
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 12/9/2019 6:11:37 PM   
btd64

If you want a solution, post in the sticky part of this forum main page. The tracker release thread....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to saj42)
Post #: 166
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 12/9/2019 6:47:02 PM   
saj42

Thanks btd, will do.

Wasn't sure if it's the mod or Tracker...

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 167
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 12/9/2019 7:06:04 PM   
btd64

Looks like Tracker....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to saj42)
Post #: 168
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 12/9/2019 8:52:52 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

It's not Tracker. LCUs 5064 and 5065 are provisional infantry units formed in the PI from Army Air Force resp. Navy base force personnel left without jobs by the destruction / retreat of the air and naval forces they were supposed to care for. I have used a double TOE upgrade to transform those base forces into infantry units. The devices 4 to 16 are assigned to the TOE but do not actually exist as devices. It is a trick I have used to clear the TOE of devices I didn't want to have carried-over into the infantry unit TOE. If you have recombined all base forces to create the provisional units, they will have a TOE including invisible devices 4 to 16 as well as some visible devices acting as placeholders and "hints" how to proceed - you must put the units in rest mode with upgrades on and replacements on at a base with plenty supplies, and they should do the second TOE upgrade to the infantry TOE.

No idea about the submarines, can you post the operations report?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by LargeSlowTarget -- 12/10/2019 12:51:46 PM >

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 169
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 12/9/2019 9:03:55 PM   
btd64

I stand corrected....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

Post #: 170
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 12/10/2019 4:54:24 PM   
BillBrown

I am trying to figure out this scenario, but things do not seem right. See the picture. This hex is in the middle of China, it is listed as a PORT hex, but there is no ocean or river next to it. I can enlarge the port but not the air base? I have the pwehexe files installed and the RRs are cut across the Yellow River( they are trails now ). What is wrong here?
I installed version 1.2b

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by BillBrown -- 12/10/2019 4:55:08 PM >

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 171
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 12/10/2019 5:31:28 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

The documentation I have written explains the concept of inland ports. Basically they are there to allow the increase of the suppy caps. If you expand the port in the hex you have selected to level 1, the supply cap of the hex will increase from 400 to 800. It simulates the upgrading of the roads resp. railroads in the hex to higher capacity. Replace the word "port" with "transportation infrastructure" if you want. You will find ports in many inland hexes in my mod. Some have high potential sizes in order to simulate the construction of new / repair of destroyed railroads and roads like the Burma-Thailand Death Railway and the Ledo Road.

I'm busy to preview the port sizes and supply caps for the v1.3, some seem to be too generous or somewhat incoherent.

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 172
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 12/10/2019 5:35:15 PM   
BillBrown

OK, I admit I have not read the documentation yet. I usually install the mod and look around a bit before that. It just seemed strange. Is there a reason to have an airfield with a SPS of 3 and not being able to build? Is that a function of the hex being a port?

Post #: 173
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 12/10/2019 6:42:19 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

I'll check, base type probably should be secondary airfield instead of port.

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 174
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 12/10/2019 7:02:41 PM   
BillBrown

It is interesting that in some screens it says secondary airbase and some PORT.

Post #: 175
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 12/10/2019 9:21:50 PM   
spence

I wasn't going to mention this until I read about the provisional USAAC/USN infantry unit in the PI (the exec on the USS Quail was the only USCG person assigned to the PI in Dec 41 and he apparently fought attached to or attaching himself to various USN, USA, and USMC units - he died in a POW camp and his remains were identified and returned to his hometown just recently) because the Allied Player doesn't really need much help in this game; BUT as an old Coastie I have been somewhat resentful about the short shrift the US Coast Guard has received in this game in terms of crew experience and commanding officers (especially since leadership and naval operations aptitude/aggressiveness etc. tend to increase with higher rank - the two NZ light cruisers being an egregious example of this).

Since the game derives from DBB I assume that all the West Coast Cutters are present in the game as during some iteration of the game they were added.

Unlike the USN which spent the years between 1918 and 1939 practicing for a war (in nice weather) which never happened the US Coast Guard spent most of those years on conducting anti-smuggling operations (Prohibition) in all sorts of weather. Because of a shortage of ships within the USCG 30 destroyers were transferred temporarily to the USCG in 1930. Meanwhile additional ships were built for the USCG including the 165 ft classes of and 125 ft class patrol boats. While none of the 165 ft class sank any Japanese submarines; the USCGC Icarus, sank U-352 and took the first German prisoners taken in WW2 (May 42) and another of them, USCGC Thetis, sank another U-boat as the U-boats shifted their US coastal operations to the Gulf of Mexico (IIRC June 42).

The USCGC Taney starts in Pearl Harbor with a Ltjg in charge in the game yet she was in fact almost twice the displacement of any of the destroyers in the Pacific Fleet and captained by a Commander. Having recently received additional guns and depth charge throwers in the yard she was attached to the Destroyer Division (same as USS Ward) guarding Pearl Harbor and was the most powerful ship in that division. In the game her crew experience is in the thirties daytime and in the twenties nighttime. In a recent PBEM she has been underway pretty much since Dec 41 and has achieved a rating of 45/45 (which seems to be the upper limit). While this is sorta OK from a game standpoint it should be noted that typical IJN PB (anything with a gun) starts in Dec 41 with a crew day/night experience in the 40s and a Lcdr in charge. It should also be noted that the entire US Tacoma Class of PFs was: A) crewed by USCG personnel and B) has only been in the war since mid-43 and yet have higher crew experience than CGC Taney which was crewed by long-term before the war professionals, particularly the chiefs and officers who had "fought" the rum-runners. (CGC Taney should BTW withdraw to the Atlantic in Jan 43 and return as an AGC in 1945 - a bunch of the Tacoma class PFs should also withdraw in late 1944 and return in early '45)

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 176
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 12/13/2019 11:03:22 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

@BillBrown The problem comes from the fact that the base is defined as "secondary airfield". I will check all bases to make sure there are no "secondary airfields" but only "primary airfields" or "ports".

@spence Thx for your input. The problem with wrong COs on the NZ cruisers is a "database issue", they simply have wrong leaders assigned. Fixed long ago in my mod. For the Taney, no leader is assigned in stock / DBB. The "LT jg" problems stems from the fact that available leader ranks are hardcoded by ship type - and because Taney is classed as "PC type" and PCs are hardcoded to be captained by LTs and such, the auto-assigned leader cannot be the commander she should have. Also fixed in my mod by putting Taney in the "PF" category. Actually double-fixed because I also assigned the leader slot 22311 (which exists in stock) which is CDR Olson, L.B. - the historic CO of Taney at the time of PH.

Edit: Taney has no exp set in stock and DBB, so her crew has the low "default" exp values. I have Taney set to day exp 60 and night exp 50 in my mod, in reaction to some earlier posts you have made in other threads .

< Message edited by LargeSlowTarget -- 12/13/2019 11:18:17 AM >

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 177
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 12/16/2019 3:03:08 PM   
spence

Glad that you've "fixed" CGC Taney. CGC Taney was pulled out of the Pacific in the early winter of 1942-1943 and re-eqipped with a unique (for her class) armament of 4 enclosed 5"/38 cal. She convoyed into the Mediterranean for about a year and then returned to the Pacific as an AGC.

Incidentally the ship had the same hull and power plant as the Erie Class PGs (without the heavier armament or armor which explain the difference in tonnage - unfortunately that armament/armor made them much worse handling heavy seas.

Post #: 178
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 1/14/2020 11:12:37 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

If anyone is playing this mod, please provide feedback about errors, glitches or requests - I would like to finalise the current build and turn the "v1.3 Release candidate" into the final version.

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 179
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 1/23/2020 1:43:52 AM   
Mijast727

Found one minor error. APA Callaway is set to arrive in Mindat (645). Guessing this is a typo and should be Eastern USA (615). Also, I think any base setup as a secondary airfield that also can be built as a port will not show up in the Base view of Tracker. However, I think you’re already addressing this based on your post above.

Thanks for all the work you’ve put into this scenario. Up until now I’ve just played Allies against the AI but this scenario has encouraged me to take the plunge and try Japan as well (playing both Japan and the Allies in a head to head). Right now I’m having fun climbing the mountain of figuring out the OOB and opening orders for Japan.

Thanks again!

Mike

< Message edited by Mijast727 -- 1/23/2020 4:23:56 AM >

Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI