Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bacon Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Bacon Mod Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/20/2017 11:38:23 PM   
OrnluWolfjarl

Hi, I just installed this mod on top of my Extended Universe mod folder.

The Star Fighters tech is now specific only to the Yor. Any idea how to fix this? I'm pretty sure this is not the Bacon Mod's fault, but rather I must have messed up something in my mod folder, since I can't find anyone else with the same issue. If anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edit: I figured it out. The Research and Components files in the Bacon Mod are not at all working with the Extended Universe races in my folder. Everything in the tech tree is messed up. All special techs are mixed up between races. Banoserits no longer have Far Sight discovery. The Yor special phaser is no longer visible. The Keskudon special reactors now belong to the Quameno. Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone managed to make the two mods compatible? Otherwise I'll have to go in and do it manually.

< Message edited by OrnluWolfjarl -- 10/21/2017 12:20:11 AM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 271
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/21/2017 1:10:15 AM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: OrnluWolfjarl

Hi, I just installed this mod on top of my Extended Universe mod folder.

The Star Fighters tech is now specific only to the Yor. Any idea how to fix this? I'm pretty sure this is not the Bacon Mod's fault, but rather I must have messed up something in my mod folder, since I can't find anyone else with the same issue. If anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edit: I figured it out. The Research and Components files in the Bacon Mod are not at all working with the Extended Universe races in my folder. Everything in the tech tree is messed up. All special techs are mixed up between races. Banoserits no longer have Far Sight discovery. The Yor special phaser is no longer visible. The Keskudon special reactors now belong to the Quameno. Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone managed to make the two mods compatible? Otherwise I'll have to go in and do it manually.

Hi,

If you are talking about "Beyond Extended Universe Alpha" then that's the same mod I'm running. Several people have had trouble merging the two. Here are the text files needed to make the two mods work together.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7zsgf2iahycms2/Beyond%20Extended%20Universe%20Alpha.zip?dl=0

(in reply to OrnluWolfjarl)
Post #: 272
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/21/2017 12:34:38 PM   
OrnluWolfjarl

quote:

ORIGINAL: RogerBacon

Hi,

If you are talking about "Beyond Extended Universe Alpha" then that's the same mod I'm running. Several people have had trouble merging the two. Here are the text files needed to make the two mods work together.

Hi,

Thanks for the files. I am using Haree78's Extended Universe 1.03 however. Luckily, thanks to Larry Monte I've found the files to make the Bacon Mod and Extended Universe compatible here: (unfortunately I can't post links until 10 days have passed since creating this account, I'll pm you the link)

Perhaps include both links in the original post as compatibility patches for the two mods? I'm enjoying the mod so far!

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 273
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/21/2017 2:01:07 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

Perhaps include both links in the original post as compatibility patches for the two mods? I'm enjoying the mod so far!

Good idea. Done.

Post #: 274
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/21/2017 5:19:48 PM   
RogerBacon

There was a small bug in the version 1.5 I posted yesterday. Performing a manual resupply mission to a construction ship sometimes resulted in a (recoverable) crash. That has been fixed in the new version I just uploaded. It is still 1.5 but the timestamp on the exe is today (2017-10-21).
I've also added a new selection for the shilist dropdown menu: ships that can be upgraded.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 275
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/21/2017 6:19:52 PM   
eu33

THANK YOU ! THE UPDATE WORKS LIKE A CHARM !

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 276
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/21/2017 10:22:57 PM   
ceyan

I just recently found out about the BaconMod and I look forward to exploring it more, however after starting a game with 1.5 I noticed two problems, or at least one problem and one annoyance.

1) For colonize and retire missions (the only two I've noticed it happening on, although I haven't done an exhaustive test) I've found if you order the mission with the ship outside of the destination system or via a menu then the ship will fly there, move to be outsides the gravity well regardless of where it landed, and then move to the target and retire/colonize. If I catch the ship when it's in the destination system and order it back to the target by right-clicking or from the right-click menu, it will stop trying to leave the gravity well and execute it properly.

2) The annoyance item, the AI is offering up crazy deals to initiate sanctions with other countries. I've been offered colonies, multiple research bases, and even defensive bases around their capital just to initiate sanctions against a minor empire. You can ignore this with some self-control, but they're constantly trying to push these crazy deals on me.

(in reply to eu33)
Post #: 277
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/21/2017 10:55:17 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: ceyan

I just recently found out about the BaconMod and I look forward to exploring it more, however after starting a game with 1.5 I noticed two problems, or at least one problem and one annoyance.

1) For colonize and retire missions (the only two I've noticed it happening on, although I haven't done an exhaustive test) I've found if you order the mission with the ship outside of the destination system or via a menu then the ship will fly there, move to be outsides the gravity well regardless of where it landed, and then move to the target and retire/colonize. If I catch the ship when it's in the destination system and order it back to the target by right-clicking or from the right-click menu, it will stop trying to leave the gravity well and execute it properly.

2) The annoyance item, the AI is offering up crazy deals to initiate sanctions with other countries. I've been offered colonies, multiple research bases, and even defensive bases around their capital just to initiate sanctions against a minor empire. You can ignore this with some self-control, but they're constantly trying to push these crazy deals on me.

1 Before 1.45 there was no pathing. Ships flew directly to their destination ignoring the gravity well. In 1.45 I added logic so that if a ship was in a gravity well and its destination was a good distance away it would first try to exit the gravity well and then hyperjump to its target. So far I haven't seen any cases where its taking a longer route to its target but its possible.
Is it possible the ship was escaping from a perceived attacker? If the ship is set to retreat when "enemy sighted" it would abort its mission if there was an enemy anywhere in the system. Try setting it to "when attacked" and see if that helps.

3 I didn't change any AI deal making logic. I occasionally get strange deal offers. As far as I know its always been that way.

(in reply to ceyan)
Post #: 278
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/22/2017 3:06:29 AM   
ceyan

quote:

quote:

1 Before 1.45 there was no pathing. Ships flew directly to their destination ignoring the gravity well. In 1.45 I added logic so that if a ship was in a gravity well and its destination was a good distance away it would first try to exit the gravity well and then hyperjump to its target. So far I haven't seen any cases where its taking a longer route to its target but its possible.
Is it possible the ship was escaping from a perceived attacker? If the ship is set to retreat when "enemy sighted" it would abort its mission if there was an enemy anywhere in the system. Try setting it to "when attacked" and see if that helps.

3 I didn't change any AI deal making logic. I occasionally get strange deal offers. As far as I know its always been that way.

Regarding the pathing issue, there weren't always enemies in system and when there were it wasn't evading or trying to get away. I jumped into a new game to grab a couple screenshots. This one does have the Beyond Extended Universe activated with your edits because I didn't think to turn it off to eliminate the possibility of a conflict from that side.

This one is a alien ship I had ordered to retire at the nearest spaceport. Like the colony ships as soon as it arrives in system it will assign a movement order back to where it came from, despite having the order to still retire, fly out to where it could warp out, then set a movement point back to the spaceport and retire.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1176982237

Here is a colony ship where there is enemies in system, but unfortunately I didn't have the ship selected to see the current order it was doing. Like above, it's supposed to be colonizing the planet but instead sets a movement line back to my capital (where it came from).
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1176978854

This one I also didn't have the ship selected, but you can see on the left there are no enemies in this system according to the colony target list.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1176978835

Something I noted while doing this is my retire orders to ships I built (instead of alien ships) work fine. Otherwise it happens every single time I attempt to do a colony or retire an alien ship.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 279
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/22/2017 4:42:09 AM   
OrnluWolfjarl

After yesterday's patch I started up a new game and noticed three issues:

a) Construction ships will reliably try to travel to coordinates (0,0) (top left corner of the map) when they are automated and decide to go repair something. This does not remedy itself once they escape the gravity well, i.e. they actually warp to (0,0). This can also happen with manual orders, but it's far less frequent.

b) Construction ships, when ordered to build a mining/gas mining station (automated or manual) will often try to travel on impulse speed to the edge of the gravity well to warp to a planet of the same system, that they could normally get to faster if they went straight there on impulse speed. This occurred particularly often in systems with large gravity wells (such as my home system in this particular game). After modding the star to have a smaller gravity well, this happened a lot less frequently. It's my impression that ship pathing was smarter in the previous version.

c) Independent colonies will no longer build up their military strength. They remain at a standard of 0-2 troops.

< Message edited by OrnluWolfjarl -- 10/22/2017 5:26:31 AM >

(in reply to ceyan)
Post #: 280
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/22/2017 2:29:10 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

quote:

quote:

Regarding the pathing issue, there weren't always enemies in system and when there were it wasn't evading or trying to get away. I jumped into a new game to grab a couple screenshots. This one does have the Beyond Extended Universe activated with your edits because I didn't think to turn it off to eliminate the possibility of a conflict from that side.

This one is a alien ship I had ordered to retire at the nearest spaceport. Like the colony ships as soon as it arrives in system it will assign a movement order back to where it came from, despite having the order to still retire, fly out to where it could warp out, then set a movement point back to the spaceport and retire.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1176982237

Here is a colony ship where there is enemies in system, but unfortunately I didn't have the ship selected to see the current order it was doing. Like above, it's supposed to be colonizing the planet but instead sets a movement line back to my capital (where it came from).
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1176978854

This one I also didn't have the ship selected, but you can see on the left there are no enemies in this system according to the colony target list.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1176978835

Something I noted while doing this is my retire orders to ships I built (instead of alien ships) work fine. Otherwise it happens every single time I attempt to do a colony or retire an alien ship.

The next time you think it might happen when you give an order save the gaem right after giving the order but before the ship moves. if it produces the behavior you describe then post the save online with a link and I will take a look at it.

(in reply to ceyan)
Post #: 281
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/22/2017 2:38:08 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

After yesterday's patch I started up a new game and noticed three issues:

a) Construction ships will reliably try to travel to coordinates (0,0) (top left corner of the map) when they are automated and decide to go repair something. This does not remedy itself once they escape the gravity well, i.e. they actually warp to (0,0). This can also happen with manual orders, but it's far less frequent.

b) Construction ships, when ordered to build a mining/gas mining station (automated or manual) will often try to travel on impulse speed to the edge of the gravity well to warp to a planet of the same system, that they could normally get to faster if they went straight there on impulse speed. This occurred particularly often in systems with large gravity wells (such as my home system in this particular game). After modding the star to have a smaller gravity well, this happened a lot less frequently. It's my impression that ship pathing was smarter in the previous version.

c) Independent colonies will no longer build up their military strength. They remain at a standard of 0-2 troops.

Are you using any other mods along with the Bacon Mod? construction ships that are repairing something will show a travel vector to 0,0 since they don't have a destination. I know that sometimes a ship will actually try to travel to 0,0 but in my last 50+ hours of playing/testing I've only seen it once. This game has a lot of settings so there must be something we have set differently in our games that causes this.
Try this the next time you think it might happen with an automated construction ship: After its on its way to its destination (not 0,0 but the correct one) use the reminder note !note to leave a callback message for when it finishes its mission. If it aborts its mission and selects 0,0 tehn the message will pop up and we will know its given up and assigned itself a 0,0 destination. It might help to find out if hts getting new coordinates for the current mission or if its getting assigned a new mission with invalid coordinates and therefore picking 0,0 by default.

As for independent colonies, I haven't changed anything there. Maybe just wait longer and see if they are building slowly?

Post #: 282
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/22/2017 8:03:42 PM   
OrnluWolfjarl

On the construction ship screen, it says its current mission is to "Repair X". It's still traveling to (0,0).

I have also discovered that this happens reliably with exploration ships ordered to explore a sector. Instead of going to the next star, they just travel to (0,0), but their orders say "Explore Sector X".

I'm running Haree78's Extended Universe, with AI Improvement mod, and Stuff&Bits graphical mod. This issue only started occurring so frequently when I had installed the new update, and it went away when I reverted the update. After I reverted, all 3 issues were OK, aside from the occasional ship randomly traveling to (0,0). I'll re-update and next time it happens I'll do the check you mention and let you know the results.

Edit: I've checked it three times so far with a constructor and about five times with an explorator. The callback message never shows. They just keep traveling to (0,0). Once they reach that, they keep ordering themselves to (0,0) and stay still.

< Message edited by OrnluWolfjarl -- 10/22/2017 8:29:53 PM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 283
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/22/2017 9:25:43 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

On the construction ship screen, it says its current mission is to "Repair X". It's still traveling to (0,0).

I have also discovered that this happens reliably with exploration ships ordered to explore a sector. Instead of going to the next star, they just travel to (0,0), but their orders say "Explore Sector X".

I'm running Haree78's Extended Universe, with AI Improvement mod, and Stuff&Bits graphical mod. This issue only started occurring so frequently when I had installed the new update, and it went away when I reverted the update. After I reverted, all 3 issues were OK, aside from the occasional ship randomly traveling to (0,0). I'll re-update and next time it happens I'll do the check you mention and let you know the results.

Edit: I've checked it three times so far with a constructor and about five times with an explorator. The callback message never shows. They just keep traveling to (0,0). Once they reach that, they keep ordering themselves to (0,0) and stay still.

Did these ships have queued missions? The only logic I changed concerning missions in the last version was in the queued missions. That's how I made the manual cargo and passenger ship missions repeatable.
Try ordering your explorers to explore a system instead of a sector.

Post #: 284
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/22/2017 11:21:57 PM   
OrnluWolfjarl

quote:

Did these ships have queued missions? The only logic I changed concerning missions in the last version was in the queued missions. That's how I made the manual cargo and passenger ship missions repeatable.

Explorers:

Ordering them to explore a system works fine. Ordering them to explore a sector produces the bug. Queuing orders to explore multiple systems also produces the bug occassionally (not always). Automation works fine (only very rarely does the bug appear).

Constructors:
Ordering them to repair something manually works fine. Queuing an order to repair something sometimes produces the bug. Automating them and then being directed (because of automation) to repair something reliably produces the bug. Otherwise automation works fine. If constructors try to build mining/gas mining stations in same system as where they get their resources from produces the strange pathing issues I mentioned earlier. One of my constructors was ordered to build a mining station around a moon. The constructor managed to reach the moon 20 years later (with Proton Thrusters, Gerax HyperDrive and enough fuel to take him 5 sectors away). He would move to the edge of the system, warp to the moon, overshoot the moon, then move again to the edge of the system to warp again.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 285
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/23/2017 2:03:17 AM   
RogerBacon

quote:

quote:

Explorers:

Ordering them to explore a system works fine. Ordering them to explore a sector produces the bug. Queuing orders to explore multiple systems also produces the bug occassionally (not always). Automation works fine (only very rarely does the bug appear).

Constructors:
Ordering them to repair something manually works fine. Queuing an order to repair something sometimes produces the bug. Automating them and then being directed (because of automation) to repair something reliably produces the bug. Otherwise automation works fine. If constructors try to build mining/gas mining stations in same system as where they get their resources from produces the strange pathing issues I mentioned earlier. One of my constructors was ordered to build a mining station around a moon. The constructor managed to reach the moon 20 years later (with Proton Thrusters, Gerax HyperDrive and enough fuel to take him 5 sectors away). He would move to the edge of the system, warp to the moon, overshoot the moon, then move again to the edge of the system to warp again.

Hi,

I just ran a game with 25 explorers and 25 constructors trying various things and I can't reproduce the 0,0 bug. I occasionally saw a travel vector toward 0,0 but it always cleared and no ship ever headed there.

I have a problem with my game ( with or without mods) that causes a crash when saving or after about 6 years of game time. It makes it very frustrating to play and also very difficult to test. I may install DWU on another computer I have lying around and see if I can play on that one. As it stands, the game is basically only borderline playable for me. Ironic isn't it.

Post #: 286
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/23/2017 3:39:53 AM   
OrnluWolfjarl

Well, I'll try a clean reinstall and I'll test my mods one by one. Maybe it's one of them that's conflicting with yours. Like I mentioned, I'm running the AI improvement mod, and I suspect that it's the one causing this issue. But it's something that happened with the last update as far as I can tell.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 287
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/23/2017 1:26:53 PM   
joeyeti

Roger,

I am in awe of what I see here... I will surely try this mod in the future.

< Message edited by joeyeti -- 10/23/2017 5:36:19 PM >

Joe

Post #: 288
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/23/2017 10:41:07 PM   
OrnluWolfjarl

OK, I tried a clean reinstall. Good news is that the issue seems to not be occurring for now so frequently. It still happens, but it's a lot more manageable because my constructors don't immediately break down once I discover a debris field. Bad news is that clicking on the Design button will always generate this message:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit the application will close immediately.

Index was outside the bounds of the array"

The debug text says:

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at DistantWorlds.Controls.DesignListView.BindData(Galaxy galaxy, DesignList designs, Bitmap[] builtObjectImages, Boolean allowMultiSelect)
   at DistantWorlds.Main.method_307(Design design_3)
   at DistantWorlds.Main.tbtnDesigns_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at DistantWorlds.Controls.GlassButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at DistantWorlds.Controls.GlassButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

If I remove the text file for the specific race I'm playing from the designTemplates folder, then things seem to be running OK, and the AI seems to be doing fine with ship designs too (so the files for the AI don't seem to be causing a problem, so it's something to do with me clicking on the Design menu button).

Sorry for pestering you about these things. I'm not expecting a fix or anything. Just wanting to let you know possible bugs and issues.

< Message edited by OrnluWolfjarl -- 10/23/2017 10:48:23 PM >

(in reply to joeyeti)
Post #: 289
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/23/2017 11:01:55 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

OK, I tried a clean reinstall. Good news is that the issue seems to not be occurring for now so frequently. It still happens, but it's a lot more manageable because my constructors don't immediately break down once I discover a debris field. Bad news is that clicking on the Design button will always generate this message:
If I remove the text file for the specific race I'm playing from the designTemplates folder, then things seem to be running OK, and the AI seems to be doing fine with ship designs too (so the files for the AI don't seem to be causing a problem, so it's something to do with me clicking on the Design menu button).

Sorry for pestering you about these things. I'm not expecting a fix or anything. Just wanting to let you know possible bugs and issues.

Hi,

I believe I know what is happening in that crash. When you click on the design the game is loading the screen with that design and populating all the values. The value that is almost certainly causing the error is the shipImage. If you have added or removed images from any of the ship families (or the mod you have loaded has done so) then it will not be compatable with any previous save. I ran in to that issue when I added the ability to have more than one ship image for each ship type within a family.
After you did a clean install did you reload your save game? If you changed any of the mods you had loaded this is most likely your issue.

Post #: 290
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/23/2017 11:02:41 PM   
RogerBacon

Double post

< Message edited by RogerBacon -- 10/23/2017 11:03:51 PM >

Post #: 291
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/24/2017 12:59:50 AM   
OrnluWolfjarl

No, I started up a new game (several times). It's probably again an issue with Haree's Extended Universe. I'll see if there's anything I can do to fix it and let you know.

< Message edited by OrnluWolfjarl -- 10/24/2017 1:00:47 AM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 292
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/24/2017 1:18:59 AM   
Ravenspath

Hello.
Thank you for making this mod. I know I don't use it to its full potential, but I am loving it. I have it paired with the Extended Universe mod. But I have an issue that I'm hoping someone can help me with. Whenever I go into the colony screen where I can change taxes and such all the text under the tax box on the right side is messed up. Words overlap and are on completely different lines. Watching Larry Monte, which is how I learned of the mod, doesn't seem to have that issue so I'm hoping I just need to change a setting somewhere. If you need further information please let me know. Thank you.

(in reply to Sabranan)
Post #: 293
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/24/2017 2:02:22 AM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ravenspath

Hello.
Thank you for making this mod. I know I don't use it to its full potential, but I am loving it. I have it paired with the Extended Universe mod. But I have an issue that I'm hoping someone can help me with. Whenever I go into the colony screen where I can change taxes and such all the text under the tax box on the right side is messed up. Words overlap and are on completely different lines. Watching Larry Monte, which is how I learned of the mod, doesn't seem to have that issue so I'm hoping I just need to change a setting somewhere. If you need further information please let me know. Thank you.

What resolution are you running in? In the baconsettings.txt there is a shadow=false. Try changing it to shadow=true and that should fix it but you will lose the improved font and colors from the mod.

(in reply to Ravenspath)
Post #: 294
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/24/2017 2:25:39 AM   
Ravenspath

quote:

quote:

What resolution are you running in? In the baconsettings.txt there is a shadow=false. Try changing it to shadow=true and that should fix it but you will lose the improved font and colors from the mod.

Thanks. I'm running at 1920x1080. I changed the shadow setting as you suggested and it did solve it. But I really like the new text so I will have to learn to live with it I think.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 295
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/24/2017 2:44:49 AM   
Sabranan

Just a thought Roger, could you make one of the unused values for mining/gas/luxury extractors (and by extension, any component improvements to them) a modifier to the mining cap?

Something I've always wanted to be able to do was increase the maximum potential mining with better mining techs. As it is going down the mining row in the tech tree is a waste of time, even maxing it out only means you can drop an extractor or two per base.

(in reply to Ravenspath)
Post #: 296
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/24/2017 3:51:27 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ravenspath

Thanks. I'm running at 1920x1080. I changed the shadow setting as you suggested and it did solve it. But I really like the new text so I will have to learn to live with it I think.

There was one other person who had the same issue. You might want to check and see if you can determine what you two have in common.
One other thing is to see if you've changed the default size of your system fonts on your computer. I know that this change will carry over to games and that could be the reason your text runs together. IN Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display make sure your system fonts are set to 100% (the smallest setting).

(in reply to Ravenspath)
Post #: 297
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/25/2017 2:26:17 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sabranan

Just a thought Roger, could you make one of the unused values for mining/gas/luxury extractors (and by extension, any component improvements to them) a modifier to the mining cap?

Something I've always wanted to be able to do was increase the maximum potential mining with better mining techs. As it is going down the mining row in the tech tree is a waste of time, even maxing it out only means you can drop an extractor or two per base.

That's a great idea but more complicated than what I did with the terraforming facility. For the terraforming facility the AI already knows how to use it and having it do something extra requires no change in the AI's behavior.
Changing how many mining engines can be used would require having he AI adjust its designs based on how many engines it could benefit from at that time. I'm not saying its impossible but its an area I haven't looked in to at all.

(in reply to Sabranan)
Post #: 298
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/25/2017 10:33:30 PM   
Sabranan

I think it's just based off the design templates to be honest, which we already have direct access to mod. The AI always has a disadvantage early on in the base game because it only puts two extractors on its stations, which doesn't become efficient until the mining techs have been researched.

Certainly the design templates would need modifying to have the AI keep up with any cap changes but that's for modders to do, I don't think you'd need to worry about that yourself.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 299
RE: Bacon Mod - 10/26/2017 5:23:55 AM   
OzoneGrif_slith

Hi, amazing mod.

I just noticed a bug : You can build the Super Weapons right at the beginning of the game.
Usually, you can't move the science screen over them until you finished the whole weapon tree.

I am using Extended Universe (with your patch), not sure if that changes anything.

< Message edited by OzoneGrif -- 10/26/2017 5:40:02 AM >

(in reply to Sabranan)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Bacon Mod Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI