Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bacon Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Bacon Mod Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/12/2019 10:45:32 PM   
BlindOne

Been a while since I was here but ... found a rather hilarious bug

Tribute is totally broken in the current 1.77 version.

It says it should do 0.1 (or 10% according to the default settings) in the settings but it is actually doing 10x that amount and is taking 100% of all tax income currently from subjugated dominions.

When I set it to 0.3 (which should be 30%) it is actually doing 30 x 10% of the total tax income or 300% of all tax income ...

Set it to 0.5 (which should be 50%) and it does 50 x the total tax income or 500% of all tax income ... AI's going broke like crazy with unrecoverable debt ...

So I tried to set it to 0.01 which at this point you'd think would do 10% by the math previously displayed but it actually still does 100% of tax income or 10 x ... same result with 0.05 which does 50x or 500%. It's clearly not reading the number correctly somehow.

Seems the calculation is broken at the moment and doesn't account for smaller digits and does 10x the amount it says. I wonder whats going on here.

Update Edit:

Don't know why ... but when I entered a comma instead of a period it worked properly ... I wonder what is causing this? Does this mean all the other settings that use periods instead of commas are broken too in my game?

I'm dutch so we use commas rather than periods for decimals ... is the game not reading it properly? I'd think that the game would use the format that is used too but I'm curious now ... some more tinkering is in order.

< Message edited by BlindOne -- 11/12/2019 11:28:12 PM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 931
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/12/2019 11:40:53 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: BlindOne

I'm dutch so we use commas rather than periods for decimals ... is the game not reading it properly? I'd think that the game would use the format that is used too but I'm curious now ... some more tinkering is in order.

Yes. This was discovered and noted somewhere in this thread about 10 or 15 pages back. If your language uses commas as decimal points then use commas in the settings file too. ou did discover a bug of sorts though; I didn't know it would enforce tribute over 100%. Brutal but I think I'll allow it.

BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08

(in reply to BlindOne)
Post #: 932
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/13/2019 12:40:08 AM   
BlindOne

Ah interesting!

Thanks for the clarification, I did not realize it was a known issue. Perhaps a small note in the readme would be in order for the lost folks out there who are like me? Took me more than 3 hours to figure this out lmao ... As for the tribute going over 100% ... actually anything above 50% is totally wrecking the AI. 100% or more means they just go bankrupt in one year and will never recover from it afterwards but it is indeed kinda hilarious to see. Them cats are in the debts of BILLIONS, Was funny to see my subjugated catpeoplez paying 3x their annual tax income and they could not levy more taxes to save their lives ... as it would only increase their debts further

As side note, now everything works fine thanks to the power of commas, but realized another possible cool feature though not sure if its even possible would be to allow your constructor ships to build in subjugated territory. This way I can park a big giant wall of defensive bases or starbases over and near my loyal subjects *cough* filthy aliens *cough* capital and have them pay for the wall that keeps them loyal ... that should bring them right back in line if they decide to speak badly of my people and decide to do street protests like the Hong Kong peoplez. I'll just have to send in the true government soldiers to straighten them out and return civility and peace with a lot of kowtowing

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 933
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/14/2019 8:31:51 PM   
Landris

Thank you so much for your mod, it really is a new experience. I'm creating my own mod based off of Osito's Research Unleashed, and incorporating your mod. I was wondering, is it possible to improve the hyper jump inaccuracy using research? Is that a variable that can change in-game rather than only in your BaconSettings.txt file?

< Message edited by Landris -- 11/14/2019 9:11:35 PM >

(in reply to BlindOne)
Post #: 934
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/14/2019 10:18:12 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Landris

Thank you so much for your mod, it really is a new experience. I'm creating my own mod based off of Osito's Research Unleashed, and incorporating your mod. I was wondering, is it possible to improve the hyper jump inaccuracy using research? Is that a variable that can change in-game rather than only in your BaconSettings.txt file?

Thank you for your kind words and also congratulations on your own mod. When i added the ability to research improvements to reduce teh gravity well effect on a ship I also looked into reducing hyperjump inaccuracy. I don't recall the exact details now but there were some issues and I decided not to make such a setting. If I ever get back to DWU (and I'm sure I will some day) I'll revisit the issue.

(in reply to Landris)
Post #: 935
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/14/2019 11:27:31 PM   
Landris

Thanks for the reply. It's a minor thing, especially as sublight engines getting faster with tech is an indirect improvement to that issue, it just would be nice!

If I'm making a wishlist, the only other thing I would like is an ability to control population by planet and by race. Not sure if there's anything that can be done here, I suspect not. Currently it's your race family and others, and your own race can go anywhere regardless of policy. I thought about trying to use plagues as a workaround but they can spread beyond the planet you're trying to deal with.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 936
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/19/2019 2:50:08 PM   
zumzoom

Thanks so much for this great mod!
Been playing it for a while now, tried 2000 star galaxy size in my previous game - around year 2150 it started crashing so I had to abandon it. Now I started another game of the same size, it crashed couple of times until 2130, no biggy. But now I got a horrible freeze while zooming in from galaxy view(that also froze spotify playing in background), ctrl+alt+delete worked, though with much delay, and the task manager showed 90-100% CPU load. I guess there was no point in waiting so I closed the app.
A question - is this something known to happen with the mod, or could it be something unrelated? I'm guessing it's the size of the galaxy that's at fault?

My setup: Win 10 pro x64, CPU Amd fx-8300, GTX960-4G, 16Gb RAM.

(in reply to Landris)
Post #: 937
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/19/2019 10:26:51 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: zumzoom

Thanks so much for this great mod!
Been playing it for a while now, tried 2000 star galaxy size in my previous game - around year 2150 it started crashing so I had to abandon it. Now I started another game of the same size, it crashed couple of times until 2130, no biggy. But now I got a horrible freeze while zooming in from galaxy view(that also froze spotify playing in background), ctrl+alt+delete worked, though with much delay, and the task manager showed 90-100% CPU load. I guess there was no point in waiting so I closed the app.
A question - is this something known to happen with the mod, or could it be something unrelated? I'm guessing it's the size of the galaxy that's at fault?

My setup: Win 10 pro x64, CPU Amd fx-8300, GTX960-4G, 16Gb RAM.

Unfortunately FWU is a 32 bit game which means memory will become a problem after awhile. If zooming is causing a delay you can turn off the range circles. The command is !rangecircles.

(in reply to zumzoom)
Post #: 938
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/20/2019 7:17:43 AM   
zumzoom

quote:

ORIGINAL: RogerBacon

Unfortunately FWU is a 32 bit game which means memory will become a problem after awhile. If zooming is causing a delay you can turn off the range circles. The command is !rangecircles.

I know about the range circles, I always turn them off from the start.
Tried reducing the zoom speed in game settings (turned it up a while back), seem to work fine for now.
P.S. Not for long though, had a ctd without an error message just now.

< Message edited by zumzoom -- 11/20/2019 11:04:50 AM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 939
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/20/2019 2:02:20 PM   
Jorgen_CAB

quote:

ORIGINAL: zumzoom

quote:

I know about the range circles, I always turn them off from the start.
Tried reducing the zoom speed in game settings (turned it up a while back), seem to work fine for now.
P.S. Not for long though, had a ctd without an error message just now.

I have learned that when the Galaxy become very busy on 2000 stars I tend to pause the game allot when I need to do stuff anf use the minimap to scroll around if the game is unpaused and not use the mouse for that at all.

This seem fix allot of the CTD issues... also reloading the game once in a while also help purging the memory and you will need to do that more often in very big games.

It is after all only 32 bit system and memory is rather limited... this is one reason why I think DW2 will be awesome as it obvious will be a 64bit game only, I would be surprised otherwise.

(in reply to zumzoom)
Post #: 940
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/22/2019 2:15:42 PM   
makotech222

Great mod! Some requests:

1. Source code? Would love to take a look at what you've got so far. Would be interested in adding my own stuff.
2. Speed multiplier more than 4x
3. Option to remove private ships from being constructable.
4. Way to increase empire research potential.

Thanks!

< Message edited by makotech222 -- 11/22/2019 2:19:15 PM >

(in reply to Jorgen_CAB)
Post #: 941
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/22/2019 11:12:23 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: makotech222

Great mod! Some requests:

1. Source code? Would love to take a look at what you've got so far. Would be interested in adding my own stuff.
2. Speed multiplier more than 4x
3. Option to remove private ships from being constructable.
4. Way to increase empire research potential.

Thanks!

Thanks.

1 For reasons I can't go in to I can't talk about that. Sorry.
2 A speed multiplier higher than taht causes combat calculations to be skipped it seems. My very first mod for Distant Worlds Legends did a x8 and x15 speed mod and it caused problems.
3 I think that would cripple the AI as private ships are teh basis of teh economy.
4 You can simulate that by changing the research cost variable during galaxy setup.

(in reply to makotech222)
Post #: 942
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/22/2019 11:55:00 PM   
makotech222

Hmm any tips on decompiling, then? I thought this was made in c#, but ILSpy doesn't seem to want to open it up.

I meant remove private ships from being player-constructable, like in Vanilla. Just a setting to remove from the build order screen, basically.

For research potential, I want it to affect player (or anyone with modifier) only, not be global.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 943
RE: Bacon Mod - 12/10/2019 8:58:42 PM   
hermicus

Hi

I've been experiencing the following problem. Automated construction ships somehow target the coordinates (0,0) and the games starts lagging. They somehow correct their vectors but the fps drops are somehow annoying.

Deactivating the vectors helps so far but just wanted to report it. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

So far I've reinstalled the mod 2 times but it didn't help.

< Message edited by hermicus -- 12/10/2019 8:59:13 PM >

(in reply to makotech222)
Post #: 944
RE: Bacon Mod - 12/10/2019 10:37:03 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: hermicus

Hi

I've been experiencing the following problem. Automated construction ships somehow target the coordinates (0,0) and the games starts lagging. They somehow correct their vectors but the fps drops are somehow annoying.

Deactivating the vectors helps so far but just wanted to report it. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

So far I've reinstalled the mod 2 times but it didn't help.

The vector pointing to 0,0 is a side-effect of storing the source and destination points of the ship's mission. When a constructor is waiting for supplies to finish a build its mission destination is undefined and the x,y are 0,0. I haven't heard of it affecting frame rate though. The only issue peopel have had with frame rate is related to the range circles when zooming in. You can turn those off with the command !rangeCircles

(in reply to hermicus)
Post #: 945
RE: Bacon Mod - 12/28/2019 11:54:50 PM   
Miskatonic81

Hello I just installed the mod for the first time and seem to have done something wrong. Everything loads up and works just fine but in game ships and bases don't display any information when you click on them. Planet screen works just fine, only ships and bases show a blank screen. Anyone have any ideas?

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 946
RE: Bacon Mod - 12/31/2019 6:15:07 AM   
bluestrike15

Would it be possible to change the missile shoot down option a bit? It seems that for me atleast, missiles can be completely countered PD, lasers and railguns. Though the simple solution would be to just put False on the option, I do not want to give up on it since its such a cool and realistic feature

(in reply to Miskatonic81)
Post #: 947
RE: Bacon Mod - 1/3/2020 12:25:40 PM   
tonnyc

I'm running Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome and it works. But I decided that I don't like some of the Bacon mod settings and tweaked the settings in Das_BaconSettings 1.77.txt. But then I'm getting this error message when I start a new game. This doesn't always appear, but I did some tests and it seems to appear 2/3rd of the time.

This is the text of the error message.
Error while starting a new game

There was an error while attempting to start a new game. If you are using a theme, please revert to the default Distant Worlds theme and try again 
Error Details: 
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at BaconDistantWorlds.BaconHabitat.UpdatePlanetMarketCash(Habitat planet)
at
Bacon Distant Worlds.Bacon Habitat.HugeProcessingSpanActions(Habitat planet)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Habitat.DoTasks(DateTime time)
at Distant Worlds.Start.method_82(GalaxyShape galaxyShape_0, Int32 int_1, Int32 int_2, Boolean boot S, Double double 1, Int32 int_3, Double double 2,
Double double 3, Int32 int_4, Double double_4, Double double_5, Int32 int_5, Double double_6, EmpireStart empireStart_0, EmpireStartList empireStartList_0,
VictoryConditions victoryConditions_0, EmpireVictoryConditions empireVictoryConditions_0, EmpireVictoryConditions empireVictoryConditions_1, Boolean bool_6,
 Boolean bool_7, GameStartResets gameStartResets_0) 

Does anyone knows what this error message is and why it appears? I'm quite sure that this is Bacon Mod related rather than Das Chrome or RetreatUE since it says Bacon right there. I've reverted the changes back to the Bacon World defaults, but I do want to know where I messed up.

< Message edited by tonnyc -- 1/3/2020 2:56:07 PM >

(in reply to bluestrike15)
Post #: 948
RE: Bacon Mod - 1/15/2020 3:42:56 PM   
Tanaka

Are there any specific instructions anywhere that go into how to merge the fighter/bomber/terraforming other Bacon changes into a mod?

(in reply to tonnyc)
Post #: 949
RE: Bacon Mod - 1/15/2020 4:36:50 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hanekem

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hanekem

So, I am using the exe with Retreat EU (I like mods that slow down early FTL) and noticed that hanger AI seems to build fighters only. This is porbably related to something the exe is doing (perhasp in part due to the Fighter and bomber hangars of the mod) but I am quite sure that the fighter/bomber ratio was moddifiable but I don't seem to recall where (or if at all, maybe I am confused)

Hi,

If you are only using the exe with another mod's files then you will only get fighters. You need to add the new BomberBay component to build bombers. FighterBays make fighters and BomberBays make bombers. That's how you control the ratio of fighters to bombers on your ships. It's pretty easy to add a component and the accompanying research to a mod. You can look at the example files I included on page one for some popular mods.

So, basically, I'd need to do a component called Bomber Bay, associate it to the proper techs (so they can create/improve it) and that's that? or do I need to set the Bay name in a particular fashion?
I was looking at the files you linked for the other two mods, so I am just asking for clarifications, in case I misssed something (plos I am using the editor, so I might be missing a flag or something and given the game's load time, I'd rather be sure of whatever modification I am going to do)

So basically just add something like this to the bottom of the components file and that's it?

184, Standard Bomber Bay, 26, 0, , 19, 50, 4, 40, 4, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 10, 20, 17, 7, 16, 4,
185, Advanced Bomber Bay, 27, 0, , 19, 45, 5, 60, 7, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 10, 16, 17, 5, 16, 3,
186, Ultimate Bomber Bay, 130, 0, , 19, 40, 5, 80, 8, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 10, 16, 17, 5, 16, 3,
187, All Dimension Bomber Bay, 166, 0, , 19, 45, 5, 30, 3, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 10, 20, 17, 7, 16, 4,

And this for terraforming in the facilities file?

9, Terraforming Facility, 7, 0, 9, 20000.0, 2000.0, 50, 500, 80,

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 1/16/2020 4:08:36 AM >

(in reply to Hanekem)
Post #: 950
RE: Bacon Mod - 1/16/2020 2:44:03 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: tonnyc

I'm running Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome and it works. But I decided that I don't like some of the Bacon mod settings and tweaked the settings in Das_BaconSettings 1.77.txt. But then I'm getting this error message when I start a new game. This doesn't always appear, but I did some tests and it seems to appear 2/3rd of the time.

This is the text of the error message.
Error while starting a new game

There was an error while attempting to start a new game. If you are using a theme, please revert to the default Distant Worlds theme and try again 
Error Details: 
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at BaconDistantWorlds.BaconHabitat.UpdatePlanetMarketCash(Habitat planet)
at
Bacon Distant Worlds.Bacon Habitat.HugeProcessingSpanActions(Habitat planet)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Habitat.DoTasks(DateTime time)
at Distant Worlds.Start.method_82(GalaxyShape galaxyShape_0, Int32 int_1, Int32 int_2, Boolean boot S, Double double 1, Int32 int_3, Double double 2,
Double double 3, Int32 int_4, Double double_4, Double double_5, Int32 int_5, Double double_6, EmpireStart empireStart_0, EmpireStartList empireStartList_0,
VictoryConditions victoryConditions_0, EmpireVictoryConditions empireVictoryConditions_0, EmpireVictoryConditions empireVictoryConditions_1, Boolean bool_6,
 Boolean bool_7, GameStartResets gameStartResets_0) 

Does anyone knows what this error message is and why it appears? I'm quite sure that this is Bacon Mod related rather than Das Chrome or RetreatUE since it says Bacon right there. I've reverted the changes back to the Bacon World defaults, but I do want to know where I messed up.

I think you need to modify Bacon settings in the main DWU folder. I don't think it works in the mod folder?

(in reply to tonnyc)
Post #: 951
RE: Bacon Mod - 1/17/2020 9:51:12 PM   
tonnyc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka
I think you need to modify Bacon settings in the main DWU folder. I don't think it works in the mod folder?

That's contradictory. I didn't change the Bacon settings file in the DWU folder and yet the changes I made in the Das Bacon Settings 1.77.txt appears in the game and the errors showed up. If Das Bacon settings 1.77.txt didn't matter then the error wouldn't show up, no?

Besides, I kept at it afterwards after posting the first time and as far as I can tell the error shows up only when I abandon a game and go to the Main Menu to create a new game without exiting the game completely. This suggests an incomplete clean-up of the variables or something like that.

It also seems to be an Age of Shadows thing, but I didn't try making enough classic start games to be certain, but if it's true it suggests that something in the pirate factions are the culprit.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 952
RE: Bacon Mod - 2/11/2020 7:43:53 PM   
Basek

Hello,

I have problem with Carriers, when the battle is going on and all fighters fight game slow down to 5fps .. is any way to solve this issue?
i have turned of !rangecircles

im plaing bacon+retreatue+dasblue

gpu/cpu/ram usage is 20-45% max

< Message edited by Basek -- 2/11/2020 8:12:34 PM >

(in reply to tonnyc)
Post #: 953
RE: Bacon Mod - 2/12/2020 1:18:19 AM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Basek

Hello,

I have problem with Carriers, when the battle is going on and all fighters fight game slow down to 5fps .. is any way to solve this issue?

Build fewer carriers? Seriously you have already tried the only thing I could suggest. If you don't watch the battles it will have less impact on the framerate although that's less satisfying.

(in reply to Basek)
Post #: 954
RE: Bacon Mod - 2/12/2020 3:30:19 PM   
Basek

quote:

quote:

Hello,

Build fewer carriers? Seriously you have already tried the only thing I could suggest. If you don't watch the battles it will have less impact on the framerate although that's less satisfying.

Do You have same problem?

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 955
RE: Bacon Mod - 2/14/2020 1:45:16 PM   
StarLab

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hello,

Do You have same problem?

Have you tried turning off the travel vector lines (3rd button on top of mini map -lower right). I found everything is fine on the Galaxy Map but zooming into a system with them on can tank FPS - especially if there's a construction ship in the system building something.

Shot in the dark but might help you out.

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series
DW2 Mortalen Preview
DW2 Ackdarian Preview

(in reply to Basek)
Post #: 956
RE: Bacon Mod - 2/24/2020 11:36:27 PM   
Beyondfubar

For anyone having issues with Starfall and Bacon mod I may have found a solve for the "No X image for family-1" Where X is anything that can be built. It seems (and correct me if I am wrong here) that -1 is an option when selecting the possible images displayed for ships. -1 is supposed to be random choice of all available familyX pictures. For whatever reason this is still working, as they select a random package, however with bacon mod it throws a prompt to press ok when it encounters this. If you give it a specific target (23-26 seem to be most vanilla pirate ship sets) you no longer drown in a click fest when you encounter a new pirate group. A contributing factor may be that in Starfall the actual index for a few of the families of added races seems to be outside of the 0-50 groups, not sure if it's what fixed it for me or if that was just extra.

TL:DR

DesignsPictureFamilyIndexPirates ;-1

to

DesignsPictureFamilyIndexPirates ;25

If you want them the same as their normal family pictures, go to:

DesignsPictureFamilyIndex ;XX

and copy that to the above line, where XX is whatever number you find.

Small caveat: ensure you are pointing to a folder that has all the images you need for this. You will still get errors if the pointed folder lacks an image for whatever reason, but on the good side it won't say "-1" folder doesn't have it, making the prompt much more helpful

Customization/Starfall/races/AnyADDEDrace.txt change the settings I suggest and Starfall appears to work without constant prompts.

< Message edited by Beyondfubar -- 2/26/2020 6:06:16 PM >

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 957
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/11/2020 12:30:43 PM   
Brad522

From what I understand, the Terraforming Facility now increases a planet's quality up to w/e Value 3 is in facilities.txt (80 by default), I'm curious though Value 2 is supposed to be how fast that takes place which is set to 500 by default what does that mean though, how fast is a value of 500, for instance the Terraforming Facility's normal function repairs damage and with a value of 1000 repairs 100% of damage in 1 year.

< Message edited by Brad522 -- 3/11/2020 12:31:21 PM >

(in reply to BlindOne)
Post #: 958
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/30/2020 9:58:32 PM   
Enfernus

Hello there, is this mod compatible with "Extended AI Improvement Mod 1.05"?

(in reply to Brad522)
Post #: 959
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/31/2020 12:57:43 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Enfernus

Hello there, is this mod compatible with "Extended AI Improvement Mod 1.05"?

Yes.

(in reply to Enfernus)
Post #: 960
Page:   <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Bacon Mod Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI