Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bacon Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Bacon Mod Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/18/2017 7:49:56 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sabranan

Got a new minor issue in 1.3, to reproduce this:

1) Start a new game
2) Exit to main menu
3) Start another new game

This always causes a crash with the following error message:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at BaconDistantWorlds.BaconBuiltObject.BuildNewFighters(BuiltObject carrier)

Hi. I couldn't reproduce it. Are you playing with a mod that specifies fighterBays as starting components for some ship for the tech level you were playing? I tried a few start and restart tech 5 games trying to reproduce the issue you are having but I don't think any of my designs had fighters.
Did you press a key before exiting to the main menu? What game settings were you using?

(in reply to Sabranan)
Post #: 151
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/18/2017 9:07:22 PM   
Sabranan

I've just had another go and I don't get it while using pre-warp, but if you wack the starting tech level up to 7 it occurs every time. This is just using the default theme.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 152
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/19/2017 1:56:36 AM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sabranan

I've just had another go and I don't get it while using pre-warp, but if you wack the starting tech level up to 7 it occurs every time. This is just using the default theme.

OK, I was able to reproduce it. I'll try to get around to fixing it next weekend. Until then, I guess if you don't like your starting position you will have to exit the game and start again, either that or play a lower tech setting where no one starts with fighters.

(in reply to Sabranan)
Post #: 153
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/21/2017 8:42:28 AM   
Kothyxaan

There is an alternative fix for something that is in a movement loop (that bug where a ship that is continuously moving forward then warping back).
I think it is quicker than the re-load and click a button fix (also that does not seem to work with another empires ship - I have not saw it yet with one of my own ships).
Click on the "editor" button.
When you are in the editor, double click on the ship that is stuck.
Change the empire it belongs to (I use independent).
Come out of the editor, unpause for a second, then go back into the editor and put the ship back into its starting empire.
It will sit there for a little, while it debates what it is going to do, but then it should move off fine.

< Message edited by Kothyxaan -- 6/21/2017 8:47:35 AM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 154
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/21/2017 3:44:53 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kothyxaan

There is an alternative fix for something that is in a movement loop (that bug where a ship that is continuously moving forward then warping back).
I think it is quicker than the re-load and click a button fix (also that does not seem to work with another empires ship - I have not saw it yet with one of my own ships).
Click on the "editor" button.
When you are in the editor, double click on the ship that is stuck.
Change the empire it belongs to (I use independent).
Come out of the editor, unpause for a second, then go back into the editor and put the ship back into its starting empire.
It will sit there for a little, while it debates what it is going to do, but then it should move off fine.

Hi. That's good to know about the editor.
However, just selecting the ship and opening up the ship finder and typing !clear should clear its mission and free it from its loop. I believe I made it so that command will work for any ship of any empire. I put it in there specifically to fix this issue. It also works well for your freighters that are going to a planet that you just declared war on so they don't get wiped out, but that's usually too much micro management to worry about.
Hopefully the 'stuck in a loop bug' is rare. I thought it had gone away for a while since I hadn't seen it in about 30 hours of play but then I saw one freighter just before the last release. Depressing.

(in reply to Kothyxaan)
Post #: 155
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/21/2017 6:05:18 PM   
Kothyxaan

Ah... ok that is simpler, because that is what I essentially did...
Aye it would be annoying, but... youve done a grand job and it is only a minor thing, so meh

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 156
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/21/2017 9:16:26 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kothyxaan
Aye it would be annoying, but... youve done a grand job and it is only a minor thing, so meh

Thanks.

If you (or anyone else) is interested in testing, I have a theory. I believe the bug occurs during that brief slice of time after you have loaded your save game but before you hit a key for the first time. In that interval the gravity well and other effects of my mod have not been applied yet. Even if the game is paused it is still calculating things. I believe some ships check if they can enter hyperjump and get marked as entering hyperjump. Then you press a key and load my settings and suddenly they can't hyperjump. Now they are in a state where they are stuck. I never saw it before implementing the gravity well stuff so I know it is related.

A good test would be to load up a saved game (set to pause on load like we probably all have set). Let it sit there for several minutes without hitting a key. Then start playing and see if you notice many more issues of stuck ships.

(in reply to Kothyxaan)
Post #: 157
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/22/2017 11:38:23 AM   
Azik

Some Feedback after playing some (early) games with 1.3:

The Settings to change the gravity-well effect according to size of the ship is especially awesome.
It allows for interesting choices when designing ships, since now it can be a huge benefit to keep a design small instead of just creating the biggest ship allowed by techlevel.

I managed to integrate the Hangar changes into the mod i currently use. But now when i autoupgrade designs, all Fighter Hangars get upgraded to Bomber Hangars of the same techlevel.
It's only a minor issue that can be corrected easily manually, but if someone knows how autoupdates are selected, it could help.

Explorers are buggy when given order to explore a specific System. They start exploring the System Bodys but then end Exploration early (and give the Mission complete message) with some System Bodys still unexplored.
Full Auto or giving order to explore the full sector seems to work flawlessly, so ist also only a minor issue. I assume the AI is using full Auto and wouldn't be affected by that.

Pirates seems to get very nerfed with the mod using the default Settings.txt. Where i was harrased constantly earlier, i now hardly get pirate visitors or pirates attacking my bases. Part of it is probably to be expected with the general slowdown of the early game due to gravity wells and having to slowboat around most of the time. I also suspect that the new buff to troops of Independent colonys is nerfing the pirates, since they can't raid them anymore.

I tried the new state gas miners but still need to figure out the best way to use them.
I mostly attempted to use gas miners to supply some extra caslon (fuel) to starports without a fuel base in the same system
I found that i can't create a fleet with the ships but can group them and assign them to a saved selection, so i can access the group easily. I also figured, the ships will drop off their mined cargo at the nearest starport when filled up, but will not return to the planet to mine more, but instead give the orders completed message. Having to reassign each single ship after each tour is quite alot of micromanagement, so i cant imagine using them for more then one such starport in the later game, due to the excessive micromanagement. If i missed a better way to use them, i'd appreciate a hint :)

I actually haven't noticed ships stuck in a warp Loop. But i do see alot of movement vectors pointing to 0,0 (top left corner of the galaxy map). Usually the vector is only temporary and doesn't cause the ships to actually fly in that direction. But rarely i have seen ships try to go there, until they run out of fuel and return automatically.

In the fighters.txt that comes with the mod, the damage of Bombers is tripled as explained in the thread. The damage falloff by range that comes with torpedoes is not tripled however. I'm not sure if that is intentional or an oversight. For my game i tripled the damage falloff. otherwise that Torpedo downside compared to missiles gets meaningless after some techs.

Other then that, i like the mod quite alot.
I will reduce the new troop setting for independant colonys for my next game and see how that affects pirate activity.

< Message edited by Azik -- 6/22/2017 12:06:16 PM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 158
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/22/2017 1:17:51 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Azik

Some Feedback after playing some (early) games with 1.3:

Hi. Thanks.
Reply to each point above.

1. Yeah, that's what I was going for. After years of arming my freighters to the teeth with 10 weapons I now rarely arm them because I like to keep them as small as possible. Jumping early is important for freighters.

2 I have heard about this. I never used auto upgrade so I never noticed it. I bet it is just taking the highest numbered componet oif fighterbay type. It won't affect the AI though because I have kept that as a 50/50 split for fighters bombers.

3 I always use auto exploration so I've not seen this. I'll try some manual orders and see if I can see what is going on.

4 It is harder for pirates to raid independent colonies when they have 40 troops present but the counter argument is that the independent colonies are harder for empires to capture and therefore remain independent longer. That allows the pirates to generate smuggling income much longer. Before, I would invade and take over independent colonies as soon as I found them. I never even saw one become a new empire. Now I see that several times a game. Maybe I should find a way to give pirate raiders a bonus. Afterall, they aren't trying to conquer the planet just do a quick raid.

5 State gas miners on auto will act like private gas miners. When given manual orders, as you have observed, they finish their mission and then await orders. You can of course give them a mission to mine a planet and then set them to auto. They will complete their mission and then act like private gas miners.
Also, if you see a state gas miner on auto delivering a load to a base and you want to send it somewhere else you cna give it an order to refuel at the base you want it to unload at and then press alt-U (or maybe ctl-U, I forget) and that will force it to unload at its next docking.
There is a setting in the game to force a ship to repeat an order but it doesn't work. I've tried to get it to work (it would be great for manual cargo missions) but so far have been unable to.

6 I've seen that too occasionally. Like you said, usually they self-correct before jumping to hyper but not always. If the ship does actually go to 0,0 it will then self-correct afterward. Of course, on a large map[ it will probably be out of fuel.

7 I'm pretty sure weapon damage dropoff is not used for fighters. I could be wrong but thats the way I remember it.

(in reply to Azik)
Post #: 159
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/22/2017 2:00:42 PM   
Azik

quote:

ORIGINAL: RogerBacon

3 I always use auto exploration so I've not seen this. I'll try some manual orders and see if I can see what is going on.

Now that i started using auto exploration more, i see the same bug even with Explorers set to full auto.
It is quite easy to spot when multiple Explorers swarm out from the starting planet. Once in a while you see one Explorer leaving a System while another auto-Explorer is plotting a course to the same System, wich shouldnt happen, as a Explorer shouldnt leave a System while it still has unexplored System bodies..
In the cases that i noticed now, the first Explorer was inside the gravity well, plotting a course to the next System, while the unexplored System bodies were outside the gravity well. I will try to confirm that behaviour, when i see it happen more often.

< Message edited by Azik -- 6/22/2017 2:01:35 PM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 160
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/24/2017 1:03:50 PM   
Kothyxaan

quote:

A good test would be to load up a saved game (set to pause on load like we probably all have set). Let it sit there for several minutes without hitting a key. Then start playing and see if you notice many more issues of stuck ships.

I tried it, I didnt see any stuck in a loop. It is pretty rare, I have only saw it thrice out of much play time.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 161
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/24/2017 4:25:03 PM   
Azik

quote:

7 I'm pretty sure weapon damage dropoff is not used for fighters. I could be wrong but thats the way I remember it.

I just did some tests about that.
I modified my fighters.txt and increased damage falloff of a missile bomber above the actual damage rating.
In game the missile bomber did no damage at all to enemy ships.
So it seems, the damage falloff setting indeed does work.

Considering, that the Player can't really influence the distance where Bombers shoot and how they usually just shoot at max range, i think the damage falloff is too big of a downside to torpedo bombers.
So i think i will mod my fighters.txt and set damage falloff of torpedo bombers to 0. To keep Balance with Missile Bombers i will reduce damage of missile bombers somewhat below torpedos. I hope it balances out, because bigger range should reduce defense fire by PD, so the torpedo bombers do more damage but have a higher risk to get shot down.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 162
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 7/28/2017 5:52:43 PM   
Rochndil

Greetings!

I like some of the features you've added, so I'll have a go at installing your mod into my heavily modded UE-2 theme. Since I'm really not wanting to mess with most of the fighter/bomber changes, I'm JUST dropping in the EXE and settings file (with a lot turned off). Hopefully this will work properly, but if I run into any problems, I'll provide a bug report. Thanks for enhancing what's already an awesome game.

Rochndil, looking forward to some nice engine improvements...

(in reply to Uncle Lumpy)
Post #: 163
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 8/5/2017 11:47:58 AM   
Hurrikane

How does this mod impact cargo space of free floating space stations? I am one of those rare weirdos who usually play pirates, and I am somewhat worried that the new resource transportation system in this mod (where cargo ships fill themselves to the brim before delivery) will end up clogging my station full of resources, not leaving any room for what is actually needed for continued production. If this does happen it could also explain the difficulties NPC pirates face.

(in reply to Rochndil)
Post #: 164
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 8/6/2017 4:51:27 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hurrikane

How does this mod impact cargo space of free floating space stations? I am one of those rare weirdos who usually play pirates, and I am somewhat worried that the new resource transportation system in this mod (where cargo ships fill themselves to the brim before delivery) will end up clogging my station full of resources, not leaving any room for what is actually needed for continued production. If this does happen it could also explain the difficulties NPC pirates face.

The cargo space a station has is for EACH TYPE of resource so you never have to worry about one type filling up and squeezing the other types out.

(in reply to Hurrikane)
Post #: 165
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 8/11/2017 10:28:34 PM   
RogerBacon

Version 1.31 Released
link on first page

Added higher increments of money options to diplomacy trade screen so you won't have to click "100,000" 500 times to pay for that cool mining base you really want to buy.

Added a new command to the shipFinder !spy or !spy #
This will send your spy with the highest espionage rating that is not on a mission on a steal tech mission against the currently selected empire on the diplomacy screen. Using !spy will default to one month. use !spy 3 or !spy 12 for other options. The tech selected will be random. This may not be useful to many people but I find myself using it toward the mid game when I'm behind on tech.

< Message edited by RogerBacon -- 8/11/2017 10:29:18 PM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 166
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 8/27/2017 12:03:46 PM   
Dragnov

Hey RogerBacon, ended up giving your mod a go along Unleashed Tech.

One thing that got me wondering right away: since gravity wells make freighters spend a lot, lot more time slowboating around system, how does it affect expanding and supplying empire?
Right now its 2128 and I have got six colonies set up. But all of them except Homeworld are short on goods, even with space port above. Seems the supply chain does not work properly and I need many many more freighters to service just about everything.

Am I missing something that would balance it out?

Question regarding construction of freighters:
Is it possible to do it at specific space ports, or you can only do it through the macro-construction tab?
Is it possible to cede constructed freighters to civilian sector or I am stuck micro managing them?

< Message edited by Dragnov -- 8/27/2017 12:04:57 PM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 167
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 8/27/2017 3:17:15 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dragnov

Hey RogerBacon, ended up giving your mod a go along Unleashed Tech.

One thing that got me wondering right away: since gravity wells make freighters spend a lot, lot more time slowboating around system, how does it affect expanding and supplying empire?
Right now its 2128 and I have got six colonies set up. But all of them except Homeworld are short on goods, even with space port above. Seems the supply chain does not work properly and I need many many more freighters to service just about everything.

Am I missing something that would balance it out?

Question regarding construction of freighters:
Is it possible to do it at specific space ports, or you can only do it through the macro-construction tab?
Is it possible to cede constructed freighters to civilian sector or I am stuck micro managing them?

Hi. I haven't noticed resource shortages (well, other than the usual ones I always got playing DWU). One thing that I try to do though is to make my freighters smaller than the max size. Doing so will reduce the range from which they can jump out of the star's gravity well. Also, sublight speed becomes much more important than it was before.

It is not possible to build freighters at a specific port, unfortunately. You have to use the main build screen.
It is also not possible to give freighters from the state sector to the private sector but it sounds like a great idea. I will look into it and see if it is possible.

(in reply to Dragnov)
Post #: 168
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 9/2/2017 2:12:32 PM   
RogerBacon

Version 1.35 Released
Link on first post.

Added XML exports for live in-game viewing of your empire's progress using the Bacon Stats Viewer. I keep the stats viewer open in a second monitor and view it whenever I want to see how I'm doing. Once you load the xml file you can just click the 'refresh' button for a quick update. No need to reload anything.

Added science ships (Exploration ships that will perform independent research). Exploration ships with science labs on automated control will perform independent research and send the results back to your empire each month. They will work on a random researchable tech for the type of lab they have on their ship. To disable this set the amount of research generated to zero in the BaconSettings.txt file.
To get the AI to use this you will have to edit the explorationShip.txt design template in the design templates folder and tell the AI to put labs on it. By default the AI does not add labs to research ships.

Remember, building your research ships bigger by putting labs on them means it will take them longer to get out of the star's gravity well (if you are using gravity wells) and therefore longer to perform their primary mission of exploring. This is an intended balance measure.

I tested research per lab at 300 but I use expensive research settings. You will have to decide what works best for you.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 169
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 9/2/2017 5:37:17 PM   
Dragnov

Hey RogerBacon, thanks for updating.

Will give 1.35 a swing and say how it works out for me.

Experience so far:
I really love the manual missions (passenger ships!) though after a while I wish I could automate those - state-civilian ships don't seem to be able to form fleets, so I have to select ship by ship and re-issue commands. Any way to keep my state freighters or passenger ships on focused trips?

Still testing the gravity well - at first I loved it but then ran into the aforementioned supply chain issues. Freighters spend too much time slowboating around. Perhaps there is a way to increase their number? Which would also require decreasing their upkeep to balance things out?

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 170
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 9/2/2017 6:43:29 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dragnov

Hey RogerBacon, thanks for updating.

Will give 1.35 a swing and say how it works out for me.

Experience so far:
I really love the manual missions (passenger ships!) though after a while I wish I could automate those - state-civilian ships don't seem to be able to form fleets, so I have to select ship by ship and re-issue commands. Any way to keep my state freighters or passenger ships on focused trips?

Still testing the gravity well - at first I loved it but then ran into the aforementioned supply chain issues. Freighters spend too much time slowboating around. Perhaps there is a way to increase their number? Which would also require decreasing their upkeep to balance things out?

Hi,

I tried making it so freighters would repeat a route that you order them to go on. They did repeat it but for some reason they would not pick up cargo after the first trip. I ended up giving up on it. It really should have worked but it didn't.
As for the freighters and gravity wells, try building the freighters smaller than max size. If you play with the "smallShipsJumpSooner" option set to true then ships built on less than max buildable size are less affected by gravity wells. Also, research the tech to increase max size as soon as possible. Finally, if you still have freighter issues, build them as state ships and set them to auto control. Also, better sublight engines helps too. I haven't had any issues but maybe those tips will help you.

(in reply to Dragnov)
Post #: 171
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 9/3/2017 7:42:13 PM   
RogerBacon

Onre more note about the Bacon Stats Viewer. Before starting a new game you have to manually delete the two XML files or else the game will just append to the existing files. Sorry. I couldn't find a way to do that upon starting a new game.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 172
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 9/7/2017 1:33:16 PM   
RogerBacon

A couple of comments about the survey ships that perform research.

1 It only works for Empires in Bacon Mod 1.35, not pirates. Adding it for pirates caused some nasty crashes that I couldn't trace. I may have found a fix though so future versions may have it enabled for pirates as well.

2 Those labs such fuel like crazy. I didn't realize how badly it would hurt the range for my exploration ships. Of course you could make two designs of explorers, one with labs and one without, but that's not in the spirit of the game I think. So since this is a bigger limit than I realized, perhaps the research per lab could be increased. Or maybe I will cap the bonus to one lab per ship, sort of like the targeting or countermeasures components. I'll have to test some more and see.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 173
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 9/8/2017 11:28:57 PM   
RogerBacon

OK, so I've changed science ships around a bit. I didn't like the earlier implementation. In version 1.35 each time reseach from science ships came in it would randomly assign it to any researchable tech in that field. That resulted in, over time, all researchable techs getting the same research (on average).
What I really wanted was more of a feeling that each ship was doing their own thing and would keep pursuing what they were researching each month rather than picking something randomly each time. So, I was able to change it so they do exactly that.
In the next release science ships will pick one researchable tech for each typ of lab they have and stick with it until it is researched. Science ships only need one lab for each type of research (weapons, energy, high-tech). More than that only matter if one is destroyed in combat. That should alleviate the massive fuel drain of running lots of labs.

As a bonus, I've extended the cargo mission viewer (control-enter) to display what the science ship is researching.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 174
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 9/12/2017 1:17:41 PM   
Slategrey252

Awesome mod. Loving it

(in reply to Uncle Lumpy)
Post #: 175
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 9/13/2017 6:16:21 PM   
Slategrey252

Annnd confused.

you said that components.txt has a line in it defining bomber bays. Cant seem to find it. No matter what I try, I cant seem to build bomber bays

PS. NVM Ive found standard and advanced bomber bays in the components.txt file right at the bottom. Obviously I'm blind.

Still don't seem to be able to build bomber bays though, so what's the science item I need to learn before they appear?

OK found out why.

I use the mod DW Extended Universe If I install baconworld, and copy the baconworld folder files into the dw extended universe mod folder all of a sudden only the YOR race can study star fighters, where as before every race could.

pity, I liked the extra races in dw extended universe

< Message edited by Slategrey252 -- 9/13/2017 7:58:47 PM >

(in reply to Slategrey252)
Post #: 176
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 9/14/2017 12:24:12 AM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Slategrey252

I use the mod DW Extended Universe If I install baconworld, and copy the baconworld folder files into the dw extended universe mod folder all of a sudden only the YOR race can study star fighters, where as before every race could.

pity, I liked the extra races in dw extended universe

Fear not. I am currently running my mod with another mod called "Beyond Extended Universe Alpha". You can use the Bacon mod with almost any other mod. You just have to do a little work.

Copy all of the files from BaconWorld into the Mod you are playing but DO NOT overwrite anything. For each file that already exists you will want to keep the mod's file and add in the (very few) text changes from the Bacon mod files.
All I really added was the following:

Components.txt: the last two entries for the bomber bays.
Research: The two projects that unlock fighter bays and advanced fighter bays now also unlock bomber bays and advanced bomber bays.
Fighters.txt: Tripled damage of bombers (not fighters).

Be sure to download the Bacon Stats Viewer as well. Its a great companion to the Bacon Mod.

Post #: 177
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 9/14/2017 2:57:42 PM   
Slategrey252

Awesome, thanks for the help. I'll give it a go

Several hours later....

I know you said it was simple.....

using the DW Extended Universe Alpha and your mod. Awesome everything works... Apart from bomber bays; I tried to cut and paste your baconworld altered files from the baconworld directory but didn't have a clue what I was doing.
It went horribly wrong and required a reinstall of the mods.

I identified the last two lines of your components.txt, however the components.txt of the extended mod was errrrr longer. The line numbers of your components txt were iirc 129 and 130. Those were already taken.

I couldn't identify the other changes you'd made to the other files in the baconworld directory.

Bottom line , everything working now apart from your new bomber bays.

The beyond extended Universe alpha and your mod do seem to work nicely.

Going out on a limb here :) but in your next patch, or earlier if you are feeling particularly warm and fuzzy, could you possibly include your modded beyond extended universe files that have the bomber bays working with bacon and beyond extended universe? It would save me much hair pulling, breast beating and general angst.

< Message edited by Slategrey252 -- 9/14/2017 4:53:15 PM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 178
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 9/15/2017 2:23:38 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Slategrey252
Going out on a limb here :) but in your next patch, or earlier if you are feeling particularly warm and fuzzy, could you possibly include your modded beyond extended universe files that have the bomber bays working with bacon and beyond extended universe? It would save me much hair pulling, breast beating and general angst.

I sent the files to your inbox.

Post #: 179
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 9/15/2017 2:32:26 PM   
RogerBacon

Coming soon in the next version on the Bacon Mod...

Custom Start Screen!

If you have an image file named "customBackgroundImage.jpg" in your customization\[mod name]\images\ folder the Bacon Mod will use that as the background screen when loading instead of the default one.
If you change themes the new theme's custom background image won't show up until the next time you start the game but I think most people don't change themes that often so its a minor thing.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Bacon Mod Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI