Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Egypt script

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Egypt script Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Egypt script - 4/9/2017 6:59:02 PM   
Guderian1940

Why does it ask you all the question for deployment of, everything else but not ask you if you want to deploy units to Egypt IE the Fighter, Bomber, AT, Recon etc. Everything is asked but this. They deploy without and consultation. This makes it extremely difficult to develop a strategy that gets derailed by poor script writing. Problem here.
Post #: 1
RE: Egypt script - 4/10/2017 8:46:02 PM   
battlevonwar

It's an attempt to force a little history in. Otherwise the UK may put all those forces elsewhere. Remember Afrika Korp is locked into roughly the same situation. The Devs are trying to keep Africa relevant. In the case of Indian Troops and Australian/New Zealander since they did Operations in Ethiopia long with South Africans and the Italians overran Somalia for a brief bit I can almost understand why they would be called up. Perhaps if you let the Italians overrun Ethiopia incursions into Sudan/Egypt..You would then be faced with a two front war? At your own expense and a huge boost to NM for Italy? Since they would be getting exactly what they wanted an Overseas Empire on the backs of the British and French.

Overall Axis strategy was assumed to be, meet up in India, Rommel through to MidEast and Japanese through Burma and India. These were actually quite interestingly enough an idea. Lock up the USSR and free trade among the two. Neither Indians(who didn't like the Brits much nor Aussies/New Zealanders who felt threatened by the Japanese) would have liked any of this. South Africa neither... Since Madagascar was a possible base for the IJN.

< Message edited by battlevonwar -- 4/10/2017 8:47:52 PM >

(in reply to Guderian1940)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Egypt script Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI