Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Round Two - This Time Its Personal

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> RE: Round Two - This Time Its Personal Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Round Two - This Time Its Personal - 9/30/2017 2:47:33 PM   
vonRocko

Good game! Thanks guys.

(in reply to wie201)
Post #: 241
RE: Round Two - This Time Its Personal - 10/2/2017 9:15:30 PM   
wie201

DAVID
I THINK THAT MY THOUGHTS ABOUT THE GAME ARE REPRESENTED IN ALL THE MESSAGES I POSTED, BUT MARK STOPPED BY FOR AN EARLY NIGHTCAP SO THAT HIS POSITION COULD BE POSTED. PLEASE DO NOT EXPECT THE ELOQUENCE OF YOURS TRULY FROM MARK – HE IS GETTING ON A BIT 😊 AND I HATE BEING CALLED DAVE, WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY HE IS DOING IT. BUT HE WAS A DAMN GOOD SOLDIER, WHICH IS MORE THAN I CAN SAY.

OK. What happened.

France: By getting hit by such an armored force, I do not tender an excuse. I got mowed down. Period.

Dave’s decision on limiting the conflict: Well, well. No Greece. No Finland. Only attacked Yugoslavia because they declared for me. Then, before I know it, Mechanized Transport forces pop up due north of the border, and bang, bang, bang, that nation is done as well.

Africa +: Where did those warmongering Italians come from? I expect a fairly easy campaign, but Italy stands me up AND pushes me back. By the time the Gerries arrive, its too late. What is going on here?!?!?!

Russia: Mark – why so many garrisons and so little technology for infantry? I’ll admit it – BAD IDEA! Dave’s Garrisons seemed to hold out well in an earlier version when I was Gerry. Mine were eaten up like dots in a game of Pac-Man. I focused on tanks. Tanks, tanks, tanks. Best technology. As many T-34s as I could buy. Garrisons would slow ol’ Dave down until my massive hi-Tech Tank Army could stop AND counter him. Well, that didn’t work. Dave would not stop attacking. He wouldn’t stop pushing forward. His supplies seemed unlimited. By the time I was able to mount ANY counter, he was onto my second capital (a little too late for me). I had some initial success there, but the numbers and enormous airpower advantage Dave had snuffed my counter. But the fight for the second capital was a fairly robust fight, if I say so myself. Dave got too cocky and took a small smarting. But, I blew all I had left there, so capital number 3 was a faint accompli.

England: Dave bombed me out of existence. Accurate? I assume that has been argued to death. But he never went too far, forcing his ground troops to finish the action. Fair enough. Once he got on land – game over.

Sides: Norway was a gamble but he suffered as well and, frankly, what else could I do? I tried to withdraw my special forces unit, but it was sunk before I knew it.

Egypt just surprised me. I assumed too much. I am sure you all know the adage of assuming too much.

Naval war: Dave hid his boats too long except for a few select missions (from what I could see, to meet our gamesmanship pledge), and when the full force was apparently let loose my navy couldn’t sink the darn things. We could and did find them, but they limped back. Over and over again. I found myself attacking the same subs every few months – each time they were seemingly stronger.

Final: Dave got ahead and just stayed there. He wouldn’t cut me any slack. I had no idea of the effect of limiting the front line would have but, apparently, the guy with the higher tech has a huge advantage. That was Dave. He just kept pouring it on. Under version 1.3, while I played a lousy game, under those conditions I am not sure much could be done.
You guys may not want this, but I asked Dave to fulfill our 3 game commitment, and he agreed. Latest version – me as Germany. I hate playing the West. I promise this will be good. In board games, I normally come out on top. I will give this my all, and spank attorney-boy good.

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 242
RE: Round Two - This Time Its Personal - 10/2/2017 11:34:38 PM   
nnason

Good recap.
I had been playing awhile and started fresh with a friend of mine who had not played and he cooked my goose good twice. Some bad play on my part, good play on his part, cockiness on my part trying new ideas, and some just plain bad luck.
If we have fun then all is well.

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

(in reply to wie201)
Post #: 243
RE: Round Two - This Time Its Personal - 10/3/2017 4:56:10 PM   
Fintilgin

Will game three being using the latest patch?

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 244
RE: Round Two - This Time Its Personal - 10/5/2017 1:22:43 PM   
wie201

Yes. We both understand that this might make it harder for the Axis, but Mark insists on playing that side. Starting in a few weeks.

< Message edited by wie201 -- 10/5/2017 1:23:10 PM >

(in reply to Fintilgin)
Post #: 245
RE: Round Two - This Time Its Personal - 12/13/2017 1:14:10 AM   
jjdenver

Great AAR. The pictures with white arrows are great. They make it very easy to follow what is going on in terms of manuever in the game. I love the style of this AAR. It's a bit shocking how well the Axis did. Is the strategy of building up to 6 panzer corps early an auto-win for Axis?

(in reply to wie201)
Post #: 246
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> RE: Round Two - This Time Its Personal Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI