Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: One thing that annoys me

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: One thing that annoys me Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: One thing that annoys me - 6/13/2017 7:58:29 PM   
sillyflower

All good points Telemecus. Also perhaps players who don't know each other should be clearer about their approach and expectations if they have any, even if they cannot be turned into black and white HRs

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 31
RE: One thing that annoys me - 6/14/2017 3:58:17 AM   
Aufklaerungs

I think the game options offer the best solution for mismatched players to duke it out. Just requires a little honesty and humility to adjust the difficulty settings for either/both player(s). Let's face it, there is historical bias built into the game in addition to play balance "equalizers." If the Axis player tries to consolidate his gains and switch to defense instead of launching Typhoon in 1941, he faces similar CV, MP, SP & command penalties without ever having overextended himself toward Moscow. The same units that withdrew or disbanded come out of the game on historic schedule in early 43 even when Axis player chooses not to split AGS into AG-A and AG-B or not to send the 6th Army into the Stalingrad meatgrinder.

Aufklärungs

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: One thing that annoys me Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI