Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Allied infrastructure / logistics

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> The War Room >> Allied infrastructure / logistics Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allied infrastructure / logistics - 6/12/2017 9:16:49 PM   
Flicker

I recently bought the game and I'm still in the process of staring at the screen.

Can someone provide tips on what to do (as the Allies) when starting a new campaign? For example, some of the railroads in England start as yellow and I would like to fix that. More depots?

Post #: 1
RE: Allied infrastructure / logistics - 6/13/2017 10:30:40 AM   
Devonport

I wouldn't worry about rail in England (certainly against the AI). I get the impression, because of how long it takes, that the first turn involves a lot of supply distribution that will put a strain on the rail networks temporarily. This seems to settle down after a couple of turns.
One tip I did learn on here is to create a depot on a large airfield hex near London and station transports at the airfield. This gives them direct access to supplies for airlifting to France when your supply network will certainly be under pressure and so you can supplement the supplies carried by the rail network. Another tip is not to use the rail network to move troops unless you really have to as this takes capacity that would otherwise be available for supplies.

(in reply to Flicker)
Post #: 2
RE: Allied infrastructure / logistics - 6/13/2017 3:07:23 PM   
Flicker

Thanks for the tips, Devonport. I'm only able to play the AI due to time. I'm getting closer to actually running turns, as soon as I figure out the game better.

(in reply to Devonport)
Post #: 3
RE: Allied infrastructure / logistics - 6/13/2017 4:13:09 PM   
EddyBear81

To add to the Airbase tip : do it for every big airbase, as planes, especially 4-engine bombers are freight HOGS !
(also, try not to move airbases to supply starved areas, such as invasion beachheads, for the same reasons)

(in reply to Flicker)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> The War Room >> Allied infrastructure / logistics Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI