Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scourge of War Series is 50 percent off!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> Scourge of War Series is 50 percent off! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scourge of War Series is 50 percent off! - 6/30/2017 12:35:22 PM   
Daniele

After the Revolution against British domination, no other event has been seen so important and decisive for the American Nation as the Civil War, fought from 1861 to 1865.

One of the most important battles of this conflict was without any doubt Gettysburg, fought between the Army of the Potomac (Union) and the Army of Northern Virginia (Confederacy) and lasted from July 1 – 3, 1863. General Lee commanding the Confederate forces sought the chance to ease the pressure on the city of Vicksburg, besieged by the unionists. Instead, his was defeated by Maj. Gen. George Meade, halting the invasion of Pennsylvania and forcing his army to retreat back to Virginia.

In order to commemorate this important historical event, we are giving a great discount on the entire Scourge of War Series!

Take Gettysburg 150th Anniversary Collection, Gettysburg, Pipe Creek, Antietam, Chancellorsville and Brandy Station 50% off! The offer lasts from June 30th to July 3rd and is valid for both digital and physical editions of the games!

IMPORTANT! Scourge of War: Waterloo, Quatre Bras, Wavre, Ligny are not part of this offer.

Post #: 1
RE: Scourge of War Series is 50 percent off! - 10/29/2018 7:29:11 AM   
JamesHunt

Is there perhaps another sale planned?

Edit: I got the 150t AE in a recent sale ad having a blast. The AI is superb.

< Message edited by JamesHunt -- 11/29/2018 9:26:38 PM >

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Scourge of War Series is 50 percent off! - 9/24/2019 1:46:23 AM   
canuckgamer

I have owned SOW Gettysburg for years. Late last year my friend bought a new computer and purchased the SOW Gettysburg bundle. I then bought the Antietam add on so we could play online. However the terrain graphics for Antietam are corrupted and on my version it is just a bunch of rectangles. The units are fine. No problem with my SOW Gettysburg terrain or unit graphics. I noticed that the version of Antietam was a lower number than my SOW Gettysburg version 1.61 and indicated this to support but was told there no plans to update it to match SOW Gettysburg.
I even posted at the NorbSoft forum and there were a couple of suggestions and even a patch none of which worked.
I won't purchase another add on or SOW Waterloo because of this issue and the lack of support.

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 3
RE: Scourge of War Series is 50 percent off! - 9/26/2019 1:17:19 AM   
RebBugler

quote:

ORIGINAL: canuckgamer

I have owned SOW Gettysburg for years. Late last year my friend bought a new computer and purchased the SOW Gettysburg bundle. I then bought the Antietam add on so we could play online. However the terrain graphics for Antietam are corrupted and on my version it is just a bunch of rectangles. The units are fine. No problem with my SOW Gettysburg terrain or unit graphics. I noticed that the version of Antietam was a lower number than my SOW Gettysburg version 1.61 and indicated this to support but was told there no plans to update it to match SOW Gettysburg.
I even posted at the NorbSoft forum and there were a couple of suggestions and even a patch none of which worked.
I won't purchase another add on or SOW Waterloo because of this issue and the lack of support.

Just recently I downloaded and installed both Antietam and Gettysburg on a new Win 10 rig. The only thing I had to adjust was the compatibility setting in properties as explained here:
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/technical-help-a-bug-post/63026-please-help#63027

I set mine for Win 7 and both games run fine.

Designer - Scourge of War

(in reply to canuckgamer)
Post #: 4
RE: Scourge of War Series is 50 percent off! - 9/27/2019 3:05:38 PM   
canuckgamer

I'm running Windows 7 and the fact is that I don't have a graphics issue with Gettysburg so the problem is with the Antietam add on.

(in reply to RebBugler)
Post #: 5
RE: Scourge of War Series is 50 percent off! - 9/28/2019 6:05:58 PM   
RebBugler

quote:

ORIGINAL: canuckgamer

I'm running Windows 7 and the fact is that I don't have a graphics issue with Gettysburg so the problem is with the Antietam add on.

I'm guessing a mods conflict. Could you post a link to the thread on Norbsoft where you tried to troubleshoot this issue?

Designer - Scourge of War

(in reply to canuckgamer)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> Scourge of War Series is 50 percent off! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI