Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Won't save games...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Tech Support >> Won't save games... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Won't save games... - 7/1/2017 4:29:56 PM   
AndyW

Steam version, up-to-date... Windows 10 Pro

Saving a campaign game, leave the default directory and file name, get the "The campaign file has been saved as ..." dialog, but nothing is created on the file system.

Changing the save file name gives exactly the same...

The user running the FPRS.exe has full permissions on the (default) target directory... I don't know if steam is doing anything underneath me though...

Changing the save directory to somewhere I know I don't have permissions too (C:) gives me a warning about "There was an error saving the game file C:\FPC20.$$$", but clicking through the dialog then gives me the "The campaign file has been saved as Moo.cav" message!

Changing the save directory to somewhere outside the default directory that I have full permissions on seems to be fine...

Annoying to have lost a few hours gameplay to the great bitbucket in the sky, but a great chance for me to see if I can remember how to trap systems calls on Windows... ;)

AndyW
Post #: 1
RE: Won't save games... - 7/1/2017 8:02:45 PM   
CapnDarwin

Andy,

Can you get a screen shot of the .../Modules/FPRS/Saved folder? I'd like to see what is in there. Is your Steam install in the default location of a custom location for the games?

Thanks.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to AndyW)
Post #: 2
RE: Won't save games... - 7/2/2017 3:55:05 PM   
AndyW

The steam install is in the default location, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm"

I ran through the first mission of the Hell on Wheels campaign again this morning, got to the end and was asked to save (when I clicked the menu option to start the next mission, I think), picked a directory where I'd saved a test game to last night and gave it a useful name. Got the message about it saving OK (nothing got created on the file system though) and then moved onto the next scenario... Get some message about the Depot needs a name, and then a bunch of dialogs relating to the start of the second scenario reported there was nothing to spend my points on to rebuild my core forces, asks me to select a name for my force and a unit badge... Then access violates when it goes back to the refit dialog... :(

Screen shots of the default save directory content and the sigsegv attached...

Attachment (1)

AndyW

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Won't save games... - 7/2/2017 9:38:17 PM   
CapnDarwin

AndyW we are looking into the problem on our end. Thanks for the screen shots.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to AndyW)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Tech Support >> Won't save games... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI