Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Leaders

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Leaders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Leaders - 8/13/2017 8:46:17 AM   
Rising-Sun

Just curious, does the leaders ever gain any skills? Like going up or down later on? I remember playing the old Pacific War, I remember the numbers were going up when succeeded doing something in that fields.

Post #: 1
RE: Leaders - 8/13/2017 8:50:41 AM   
Aurorus

quote:

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Just curious, does the leaders ever gain any skills? Like going up or down later on? I remember playing the old Pacific War, I remember the numbers were going up when succeeded doing something in that fields.

Yes. Active leaders will improve their attributes from time to time. Leadership and inspiration are the most common increases, but any skill can increase.

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 2
RE: Leaders - 8/13/2017 11:11:30 AM   
btd64

If you use Tracker, it will tell you who and what improves....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Aurorus)
Post #: 3
RE: Leaders - 8/13/2017 12:33:23 PM   
Rising-Sun

Sorry I don't use the tracker, been doing fine and of course a lot more micromanagement here.

Also noticed some ship's crew experience was going up and down on experiences. Is that normal? Had a SC craft, that was 48/45, then it when down to 45/45 and seeing some of them go down to 40 too. Using Grand Campaign here vs. Allied AI.

-------------------------------

One more question, forgot to mention this. On the Air Group -> Planes, you can see your aircraft status and wasn't sure how far I can manage the fatigue on those planes without fallen apart. Would I use Durability line and not going pass it, or double it? Didn't want too much operation loses here. I tried looking it up in the manual, couldn't find it.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 4
RE: Leaders - 8/13/2017 2:19:40 PM   
PaxMondo

Generally after an action where they took damage. I've always looked at that as new crew replacements.

Pax

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 5
RE: Leaders - 8/13/2017 11:56:43 PM   
Aurorus

quote:

One more question, forgot to mention this. On the Air Group -> Planes, you can see your aircraft status and wasn't sure how far I can manage the fatigue on those planes without fallen apart. Would I use Durability line and not going pass it, or double it? Didn't want too much operation loses here. I tried looking it up in the manual, couldn't find it.

Fatigue will build with each mission. After fatigue reaches a certain point, about 25 or so, the airgroup must be stood down for several days in order for the planes to reduce fatigue. Once an airgroup is stood down, it will begin to take planes out of action for maintenance.

In my experience, operational losses seem to be based partly upon durability. Hence, Japan always seems to have higher operational losses than the allies, because in general, Japan's planes are less durable. In my experience, operational losses for an air-group will increase when pilot fatigue exceeds 25 and the same applies for fatigue on aircraft. Basically, I try to stand down groups that reach 20-25 pilot and plane fatigue.

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 6
RE: Leaders - 8/14/2017 8:05:32 AM   
Rising-Sun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurorus

quote:

Fatigue will build with each mission. After fatigue reaches a certain point, about 25 or so, the airgroup must be stood down for several days in order for the planes to reduce fatigue. Once an airgroup is stood down, it will begin to take planes out of action for maintenance.

In my experience, operational losses seem to be based partly upon durability. Hence, Japan always seems to have higher operational losses than the allies, because in general, Japan's planes are less durable. In my experience, operational losses for an air-group will increase when pilot fatigue exceeds 25 and the same applies for fatigue on aircraft. Basically, I try to stand down groups that reach 20-25 pilot and plane fatigue.

Ah that make sense, thanks for the inputs. Yeah I do agreed a lot of Japanese Planes are not very durable at all. That is why I trying to pay attention and keep the OP loses to the minimum as possible.

(in reply to Aurorus)
Post #: 7
RE: Leaders - 8/14/2017 7:02:25 PM   
joey

When I play the Japanese, I protect my planes and my carriers at all cost. Planes for the entire game; carriers for the at least the first half of the game.

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 8
RE: Leaders - 8/14/2017 7:20:08 PM   
rustysi

quote:

In my experience, operational losses seem to be based partly upon durability.

That may be true, but keep in mind that pilot experience also plays a role in OP losses.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to joey)
Post #: 9
RE: Leaders - 8/15/2017 7:08:55 AM   
Rising-Sun

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

quote:

In my experience, operational losses seem to be based partly upon durability.

That may be true, but keep in mind that pilot experience also plays a role in OP losses.

Yes they do, but I was more concern about the plane status. Keeping them in good shape isn't easy, esp in bad weathers.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Leaders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI