Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Flags of our Fathers -- US units and generals portraits

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Flags of our Fathers -- US units and generals portraits Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Flags of our Fathers -- US units and generals portraits - 8/27/2017 6:30:18 PM   
Philippeatbay

Flags of our fathers version 1.0 -- U.S. units, equipment, and generals

I've uploaded the U.S. portion of the Flags of our fathers mod to my box account.

You can download it by using this link:

https://app.box.com/s/a2qjy4ldflqhcm6uzb2s5uva84n9koxh

Be aware that I often run out of bandwidth towards the end of the month. If that happens, wait a few days into the next month and try again. If a lot of people want to use this mod, I'll upload it to my Dropbox account as well and provide a second link.

What the mod does

The mod replaces the modern 50 star American flag with the forty-eight star flag used during WW I, WW II, and the Korean War.
The textures that were replaced are the American flags on planes, equipment, units, and generals portraits in the photo folder.

Below are two screenshots from inside my computer that will give you an idea of the difference between the modded and unmodded textures:

Without mod

With mod

The stars on the modern 50 star flag are arranged in a checkerboard pattern.

The stars on the 48 star flag were arranged in rows and columns.

You should be able to tell the difference at a glance without counting the stars.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

The mod should work with both Steam and non-Steam versions. Because I only have the Steam version I don't know the folder nomenclature of the non-Steam version (it is often slightly different, sometimes by only one keystroke). Because of that you'll have to navigate to the inside of wherever you have War in the West installed.

This information is also included in a readme file inside the mod, but I've been doing this a long time and I know what happens to readme files.

Copy and paste the new Dat folder inside your Gary Grigsby War in the West folder. (It overwrites the U.S. part of your Art/photo folder).

Make sure you keep choosing 'yes' whenever your system asks you whether you want to overwrite something.

Back up your originals.

If I missed any textures please give a shout and I'll do the needful. I'd also appreciate if someone with a non-Steam version could try to install it in case the folder nomenclature for the non-Steam version isn't what I expect it to be.
Post #: 1
RE: Flags of our Fathers -- US units and generals portr... - 7/19/2020 8:20:27 PM   
dannyboipl

Thank You

(in reply to Philippeatbay)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Flags of our Fathers -- US units and generals portraits Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI