Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 2x3+ 041 Soviet

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: 2x3+ 041 Soviet Page: <<   < prev  37 38 39 40 [41]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2x3+ 041 Soviet - 5/31/2020 5:43:04 PM   
Crackaces

I am very interested to understand the Soviet thinking at this point. This is one of the better AAR's in my book and one that has both sides posting with a 1:1 turn interleave.

The mud is coming next turn. I might propose that ready manpower / the maximum TO&E is a very key metric at this point. It tells the Soviet how many units they have in the field and the average TO&E strength. Then decisions during the mud period might be a conundrum as follows:

1) Fill the best units of stuff leaving weaker units on their own? That has a problem in that morale + TO&E < 90 means the unit goes unready. These units might eventually shatter. The Soviet's do get free unit shells if their AP's = 0.

2) Fill the lower morale units first to a point where they can operate and then fill better units. This has the disadvantage of diluting the better Guards units. Some of these units when they are 100% can move German units at will (As shown above). It might seem like spreading around mediocrity.

The Soviet's have a very important decision this turn ... Inquiring minds want to know

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 1201
RE: 2x3+ 041 Soviet - 5/31/2020 6:44:57 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

I am very interested to understand the Soviet thinking at this point. This is one of the better AAR's in my book and one that has both sides posting with a 1:1 turn interleave.

The mud is coming next turn. I might propose that ready manpower / the maximum TO&E is a very key metric at this point. It tells the Soviet how many units they have in the field and the average TO&E strength. Then decisions during the mud period might be a conundrum as follows:

1) Fill the best units of stuff leaving weaker units on their own? That has a problem in that morale + TO&E < 90 means the unit goes unready. These units might eventually shatter. The Soviet's do get free unit shells if their AP's = 0.

2) Fill the lower morale units first to a point where they can operate and then fill better units. This has the disadvantage of diluting the better Guards units. Some of these units when they are 100% can move German units at will (As shown above). It might seem like spreading around mediocrity.

The Soviet's have a very important decision this turn ... Inquiring minds want to know

Very interesting. How would the AI handle this decision?

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 1202
RE: 2x3+ 041 Soviet - 6/7/2020 7:55:00 PM   
hpalmer

Wow. Can't believe I'm all caught up on an AAR that is still in progress!! Exciting stuff guys! Thanks for the sportsmanship and comradery. For lurkers such as myself, it makes the idea of one day joining a team/mp game much more approachable. Thanks for all the great wisdom!

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 1203
RE: 2x3+ 041 Soviet - 6/21/2020 5:32:25 AM   
tyronec

How are things going with this game, has been a while since we heard from you ?

(in reply to hpalmer)
Post #: 1204
RE: 2x3+ 041 Soviet - 6/21/2020 1:27:41 PM   
joelmar

The game is stalled on turn 59, we're waiting for the Soviets to play. Sadly the new Soviet center commander is on RL health leave...

We're also waiting for the old Soviet center to do his part for the AAR which he promises to do a while ago, but only updated the GOC AAR in which he is now involved. But since the Axis fun stuff was coming in a few turns, he probably doesn't want to continue, which I can understand.

@beria, @telemecus: Maybe we should stop waiting for him and continue on our own.

"The closer you get to the meaning, the sooner you'll know that you're dreamin'" -Dio

(in reply to tyronec)
Post #: 1205
RE: 2x3+ 041 Soviet - 6/23/2020 6:10:50 PM   
Beria

T041 Soviet Centre

quote:

you have 10 ap and 15000 rail. your front is now to move south of ivanovo this week , and south of vladimir next week. your southern line ends at x119,y68. [just north of Voronezh] Your short term objective is to make local attacks for guards creation and form a defense in depth backed by mobile reserves for counterattacks. Ultimately to defend Saratov and block the way to our final line.

Last turn before mud. Attack and advance across the whole front south of the Oka by a hex or so. Sometimes at great cost, and discovering the low losses cost to broken down regiments.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Beria -- 6/23/2020 6:13:22 PM >

Gary Grigsby Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 1206
RE: 2x3+ 041 Soviet - 6/23/2020 8:36:46 PM   
Beria

T041 Soviet South

quote:

you have 10 ap and 15000 rail. your front is now x119,y69 [just north of Voronezh]. you can reassign units from the 29 army for reinforcements. your short term objectives are for local attacks for guards creation, but also to conserve and to build up strength. transcaucus front will be transferred to you soon and it will be covering sevastopol, kerch straits and caucasus passes, and baku. Ultimately you defend stalingrad.

quote:

A21, Soviet South Commander [on the Centre-South boundary]
not sure that we can afford a retreat there
Axis advance there will threaten both armies near Tambov and Stalingrad
I propose to reinforce that area

quote:

quote:

A21, Soviet South Commander
@Beria they got a 40 CV bridgehead, it is unlikely that an attack of any size will success
... though it is only ONE hex bridgehead, i think i can manage it
In general, in order to advance down South they need to cross Don in multiple points.

Soviet Supreme Commander
i think you can contain bridgehead but won't sucessfully dislodge it. i think they will try to widen it to 3 hexes and try to hook behind rostov. we could move Zhukov and Konev, the ap is there to do it...fronts holds for now, but in 2 weeks gets bulk of ap to reorganize. Then we move on to leaders

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Beria -- 9/20/2020 8:03:30 PM >

(in reply to Beria)
Post #: 1207
RE: 2x3+ 041 Soviet - 9/20/2020 8:16:31 PM   
Beria

T041 Soviet Air

quote:

Bitburger, Soviet Supreme Commander
all air units under 40 morale are rotated to reserve each week. i will assign fresh units to your air armies at end of turn, and then you can use them freely and rebase them until they are worn down and withdrawn again. Try to use 50% of airmiles each turn to maximize experience gain. If you have recon, use it. I will try to get more up front to you as soon as possible. long range i am trying to conserve for summer. We shot down 36 junker transports this week, 15% of total losses !

quote:

Der_Panzer, Soviet North Commander
Bombed a german Airfield. They lost 2 fighters and we one bomber. Could be worth it to bomb them later one, couldn´t it?

quote:

A21, Soviet South Commander
On my turn they had already lost 51 bf 109s, it is definitely worth it, at least for now
as if know it right destroyed plane = killed pilot, so loosing aircraft on the ground also leads to experience decrease
which is not realistic, but it works in WiTE

quote:

Der_Panzer, Soviet North Commander
They lost 40 Fighters in our turn until now. High casulties for them... Yes, 40 Fighter losses every turn is not sustainable for them. They use old E-7´s and F-2´s atm. The Luftwaffe is not in a good state, it seems.

quote:

Bitburger, Soviet Supreme Commander
i am putting Sil01, Soviet Centre Commander in command of long range recon and only using stavka long range command to supply partisans and pockets.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Beria -- 9/20/2020 8:17:01 PM >

(in reply to Beria)
Post #: 1208
Page:   <<   < prev  37 38 39 40 [41]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: 2x3+ 041 Soviet Page: <<   < prev  37 38 39 40 [41]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI