Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 6/3/2001 6:43:00 PM   
Paco

This is hardly any new problem. I've had it with all versions of SPWAW that I've played (4.3 -> ), but it's gotten worse. I have a sound blaster live soundcard, and the noise seem to appear at the breifing and debreifing screens, but seldomly in a battle. It only occurs after I've played awhile, and after it does it will come and go until I shut down the program and restart my computer.

(in reply to Totenkopf)
Post #: 31
- 6/4/2001 2:43:00 AM   
Greg McCarty

quote:

Originally posted by Totenkopf: So you guys think it's the SB Live sound card causing this problem? This is a pretty good sound card and I don't want to get a new one just to fix this problem. Any other ideas?
Nah, not the SB Live. I use one and it works flawlessly with this version and the last. I used to have a little trbl along these lines with my old mx300 based on the vortex chip set, but I corrected it by turning off it accelleration drivers. But in your case, I would check your multimedia settings and make sure one of those fancy schmancy media filters like "Total Recorder" or the like isnt controlling what comes out of the sound card before it reaches the game engine. Also check precisely what device or driver is controlling your WAV. files. With all the junk that stealthily installs itself everytime you add a new program, who knows what you'll find in there.

Greg.

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.

--Zapata

(in reply to Totenkopf)
Post #: 32
- 6/5/2001 1:54:00 AM   
Fuerte

I still have had this problem only once. I think that it happened when I started the game from the menu system. When I start it from PBEM helper, then it works ok. PBEM helper starts the MECH.EXE directly.

(in reply to Totenkopf)
Post #: 33
- 6/6/2001 1:37:00 AM   
Timo

Those with VIA KT133/A and live! might want to check this out: http://www.viahardware.com/download/index.shtm#other "1.0 - VIA's fix for KT133/A systems with Soundblaster Live sound cards. Should clear up any file corruption problems that may occur with the 686B southbridge." Installed it, the music still screeched, but after I turned it off, it's been working quite nicely (at least for now) Timo

(in reply to Totenkopf)
Post #: 34
- 6/11/2001 9:58:00 PM   
Gloo

quote:

Originally posted by Totenkopf: So you guys think it's the SB Live sound card causing this problem?...
No, definitly not a SB problem! If it was, it should happen with every one using it. As I said, I have a SB Player and an Via (Abit KA7-100) chipset and never had such a bug. With the K6 200, AWE 64 I had before, never heard any sound problem with any SP version either!

{:]]

"One ring to find them all..."

(in reply to Totenkopf)
Post #: 35
- 6/11/2001 10:05:00 PM   
Paco

quote:

Originally posted by Fuerte: I still have had this problem only once. I think that it happened when I started the game from the menu system. When I start it from PBEM helper, then it works ok. PBEM helper starts the MECH.EXE directly.
This does seem kinda resonable... I always start the game fromn the menu system.

(in reply to Totenkopf)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI