Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

where did my movement points go?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> where did my movement points go? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
where did my movement points go? - 10/1/2017 11:41:20 PM   
antoniusb

Playing as Germnany early game, I will look up in the middle of my turn (actually, usually towards the end when I am trying to get my corps HQ within 5 hexes of its combat unit) and see my corps HQ movement points are now zero. I know that a fuel drop by air will cause this but that is not what is going on here. What is frustrating about this is that I have no idea what action has occurred to cause the movement pts to go from 40+ to zero so I have no idea what I need to stop doing that causes this.
Post #: 1
RE: where did my movement points go? - 10/2/2017 1:21:27 AM   
WingedIncubus

quote:

ORIGINAL: antoniusb

Playing as Germnany early game, I will look up in the middle of my turn (actually, usually towards the end when I am trying to get my corps HQ within 5 hexes of its combat unit) and see my corps HQ movement points are now zero. I know that a fuel drop by air will cause this but that is not what is going on here. What is frustrating about this is that I have no idea what action has occurred to cause the movement pts to go from 40+ to zero so I have no idea what I need to stop doing that causes this.

Are you converting your railroads? Are your HQs still within 25 hexes of a converted railroad?

(in reply to antoniusb)
Post #: 2
RE: where did my movement points go? - 10/2/2017 1:51:31 AM   
56ajax

Being bumped by the enemy and HQBU I think set MP to zero....

(in reply to WingedIncubus)
Post #: 3
RE: where did my movement points go? - 10/2/2017 1:54:13 AM   
antoniusb

Hadnt thought of that but what happens is that the movement points go to zero in the middle of the turn (and not by moving the unit) so I dont think that is it. Also, I dont believe it was related to distance to railhead. I am not 100% certain, but I believe that these were not even my Corps HQ furthest away from supplied railheads.

I was thinking maybe the combat units attached were drawing down fuel from the Corps HQ because it seemed like this was occurring when the attached CU's were out of movement points. However, my understanding of supply is that any transfer of fuel from Corps HQ to attached CU would only take place during the supply portion of logistic phase in between turns.

To reiterate, what I am seeing (at least I think I am seeing) is that a Corps HQ with many unit points during some point in the turn goes to zero without actually moving it or being displaced by enemy retreat. Sorry I cant provide more detail but the problem is that I will only notice it after it occurs so not in a position to determine what actions lead up to it.

< Message edited by antoniusb -- 10/2/2017 1:56:35 AM >

(in reply to WingedIncubus)
Post #: 4
RE: where did my movement points go? - 10/2/2017 7:45:49 AM   
morvael

Unfortunately not enough data to find out what is the source of the problem. Please be more observant to notice the moment after which their MP go to 0.

(in reply to antoniusb)
Post #: 5
RE: where did my movement points go? - 10/2/2017 4:28:01 PM   
Aufklaerungs

Happens when a retreating routing enemy uses a hex that is adjacent to an HQ unit not accompanied by a stacked combat unit. Happens so quickly with a route that I don't notice the HQ displacement/dislocation.

< Message edited by SPNILHOB -- 10/2/2017 4:31:32 PM >

Aufklärungs

(in reply to antoniusb)
Post #: 6
RE: where did my movement points go? - 10/2/2017 10:38:38 PM   
tomeck48

I saw the same thing in some of my early German games (1941). Haven't seen it as the Russian.

If memory serves, I'd see this happen after I moved (and attacked with) all the units in a corps and then wanted to move up the HQ. I had not done a HQBU and no Russian units had moved/retreated next to the HQ. It had not been displaced. Didn't happen a lot, but it was aggravating when it did happen.

(in reply to Aufklaerungs)
Post #: 7
RE: where did my movement points go? - 10/2/2017 11:46:30 PM   
antoniusb

I think tomech48 is correct as his explanation is consistent with the circumstances in which I have observed the occurrences. I seem to associate it with the units attached to the corps doing several attacks where all of their movement points being expended grinding down the enemy unit with hasty attacks. I would just like to understand what is precisely the mechanism that causes the corps to lose all its movement points because it really is annoying not having any advance warning and then you have a bunch of CU's ending the turn >5 hexes from the corps HQ.

I dont use HQBU and I know it is not being caused by a enemy retreating adjacent to my HQ (when this has happened, I am aware of it because it is a result of an action that is taking place where my field of vision is focused).

Can someone else confirm what tomeck48 is saying and explain the game mechanic that causes this so it can be avoided? It doesnt seem like it would be a bug but maybe it is.

< Message edited by antoniusb -- 10/2/2017 11:48:10 PM >

(in reply to tomeck48)
Post #: 8
RE: where did my movement points go? - 10/3/2017 7:11:03 AM   
morvael

I first need the exact steps to replicate this from a clean Campaign 1941-1945 start, then I will be able to find out what's causing this and whether this is correct or not.

(in reply to antoniusb)
Post #: 9
RE: where did my movement points go? - 10/3/2017 4:05:04 PM   
Aufklaerungs

DominiK-

Is it possible for players to retrieve a move/action log? Would be super helpful for troubleshooting these situations.

Aufklärungs

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 10
RE: where did my movement points go? - 10/4/2017 4:33:42 AM   
56ajax

Might help if Unit displacement is reported on the battles tab

(in reply to Aufklaerungs)
Post #: 11
RE: where did my movement points go? - 10/9/2017 2:48:41 PM   
tonyscrase

Hi not sure but It seems to happen to me when corp hq supply depots reach zero

(in reply to 56ajax)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> where did my movement points go? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI