Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 11/26/2020 7:05:51 PM   
asl3d

quote:

ORIGINAL: GiveWarAchance

Okay I got the Heroes mod 364 MB so I should be good to go. I like how you packaged everything up nice and simple to use. There must be a lot of content with all that for us to enjoy. Seriously that is amazing work on your part and you deserve credit for it. Maybe a rich player can buy you a luxury home or a Bugatti.

Thanks for clarifying about Chin's (I can't type the full name cause it feels like I am insulting him) token format. That's good you have a loyal partner kind of like Robin is to Batman. I will be more like the Penguin. That's actually a cool idea to make a cardboard effect to go with the dice and board of the game.

Cheers

Thank you for the "a luxury home or a Bugatti" proposal.

The downside of a "luxury home" is that you have to maintain it, and this costs a lot of money. Finally, the house is enjoyed by friends and you pay for it. It is the same that happens with yachts. You know, there are two happy days during the life of your yacht: the day you buy it and the day you sell it.

Regarding the "Bugatti", it is a car too small and narrow for my preferences. Of course, it is an very expensive car (thank you very much for the gift) but I believe that a car is nothing more than 4 wheels and a steering wheel. All the rest are accessories. And I'm not saying this as a joke (well, something yes). But, I know what I'm saying.

Chinchin: I don't know what it means in Chinese although, from what you say, I imagine the worst. However, in some languages ​​(Spanish, French, Italian), it means "cheers" when toasting two glasses of champagne with a friend. It is the noise that is produced when the two glasses of champagne collide (not with too much force) before drinking the precious liquid.
In any case, it should be our friend Chinchin who confirms or denies what I tell you.

Semper fidelis

(in reply to GiveWarAchance)
Post #: 301
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/5/2020 5:55:39 PM   
asl3d

TANK-HUNTERS

Compared to the other participants of World War 2, the Japanese were badly equipped with infantry-held antitank weapons. Only the emergence (literally) of the Tank Hunter Hero in scenarios set after 1943 partially remedies this major shortcoming.
Apart from the antitank rifles and other, improvised, small-calibre weapons used in the antitank role, Japan (for want of anything better) relied on a hodge-podge of "hand-held" devices to combat Allied armor-like "Molotov cocktails". The more effective was the "lunge mine", a large SCW mounted on a long pole and used like a human-powered panzerfaust, which on making contact with a solid object would destroy its user too. Unlike many Japanese antitank weapons, this last device could destroy any Allied tank used in the P.T.O. (Pacific Theater of Operations).
The impossibility of producing any effective and powerful anti-tank weapon, forced the Japanese gunners to attempt to immobilize the heaviest Allied tanks with suicide squad tactics of "tank hunters". The Japanese also used their artillery pieces with great cunning and imagination, antitank guns usually being cleverly sited in killing grounds (with land sometimes flooded to channel enemy armor onto the guns and/or tank-hunters), and some targets would be deliberately ignored in favor of catching more lucrative victims.
The Japanese employed specially trained tank-hunter troops to augment their infantry's poor anti-tank capabilities. These men, sometimes referred to as "human bullets" and often organized into teams found mainly in rifle companies and regimental engineer units, came to be used quite extensively. Their role was to ambush or close-assault enemy tank, using "Molotov cocktails", mines, Demolition charges, "lunge mine" and various other weapons that became available as the war went on. However, even if weaponless they were to attack in an attempt to immobilize the tank by any means possible, including the use of mud to cover the tank's vision devices and jamming the tracks by inserting stout poles into the miming gear.
One of the Tank Hunters' deadliest suicidal anti-tank weapon was the ****otsubakurai lunge mine. It used a High Explosive Anti Tank (HEAT) type charge. The weapon itself was a conical hollow charge anti-tank mine, placed inside a metallic container and attached to the end of a wooden stick used to hold the weapon during its transport and use. The mine had equally spaced three legs facing forwards, all around the conical explosive base of the weapon. The detonator of the weapon was situated at the end of the conical base.
The mine was 30.48 cm in length, and the wooden stick was 99.06 cm, which made the total length of the weapon 129.54 cm. The mine had a diameter of 8 cm, and its body was about 3.175 cm in diameter. Its total weight was 6.48 kg, of which 2.948 kg were explosives.
To use the mine, the soldier would remove the security pin, and then charge the enemy armour, just like in a bayonet charge, making the top of the mine collide with the objective. The weapon needed to be held by the center with the left hand and by the bottom with the other hand. When the legs of the mine hit the objective, the handle was pulled forward, cutting a pin and making the detonator move forward to the detonator charge. This would set off the mine, blowing up its user and, probably, the targeted enemy armour. The mine was capable of penetrating about 150 mm at an angle of 90º, and up to 100 mm at an angle of 60º. However, the mine would almost always impact at 90º because the impact angle with the objective would be decided by the weapon's user, and he would probably aim for a 90º armour plate.
The ****ototsubakurai lunge mine can be used by any Japanese infantry unit (not just Leaders or Heroes).
The infantry unit using a ****otsubakurai lunge mine must be in possession of a Tank Killer Skill Card.
The unit that possesses a Tank Killer Skill Card doesn't need to pass a Morale Check before attempting to Close Combat Assault against an enemy tank.
If the unit that possesses this Skill Card is a Leader, all units stacked with him subtract two (2) from their pre-assault Morale Check (this is in addition to the Leader's Leadership modifier).
To get the maximum power from the ****otsubakurai lunge mine it's necessary to use it in a Close Combat Assault against an enemy tank.
Tank Killer units are often hidden so that they are not detected by enemies.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by asl3d -- 12/5/2020 5:56:59 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 302
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/6/2020 6:44:11 PM   
asl3d

AMPHIBIANS

Amphibious vehicles are used for Seaborne Assaults.
In order for an Amphibious vehicle to navigate water hexes, it must be "embarked" in an "Amphibious barge."
The Amphibious vehicle lands on the beach in the same way as the rest of the units embarked on a "barge".
Amphibious vehicles can also carry passengers on board who can disembark once the amphibious vehicle is in a land hex.
Weaponized amphibious vehicles cannot fire from a water hex, from within a "Amphibious barge."
In a water hex, amphibious vehicles travel at the speed of the "amphibious barge" that carries them.
In land hexes, amphibious vehicles travel at the amphibious vehicle's own speed, usually higher than that of the "amphibious barge" that transported them to the beach.
The crew of the "amphibian barge" cannot voluntarily disembark on the beach and remain as an inherent crew in the "amphibian barge".
The "amphibian barge" can embark any unit on its side without the need for those units to be amphibious.
Own broken units may be routed into an "amphibious barge" for evacuation or rally.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 303
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/9/2020 6:25:50 PM   
asl3d

JUNGLE

In the Pacific Theater of Operations (PTO) forest/woods hexes are Jungle hexes. However, to "realistically" portray the difficulties of movement through jungle would require the use full Movement Capacity each such hex entered. But the excitement level of scenarios using this MF cost would be dreadful, to say the least.
An infantry unit needs to spend 3MF to enter a Jungle hex.
All vehicles cannot enter a Jungle hex.
A Jungle hex is a level 1 or 2 obstacle that blocks the LOS.
A Jungle hex provides a TEM +3.
Vehicle Overrun against a Jungle hex is not permitted.
A Jungle hex is a Whole hex for the purposes of the LOS drawn through it.
No Fortifications, Wire, Minefield, Barricades or Roadblock, are allowed in a Jungle hex.
During a scenario, a Blaze or Smoke is not allowed to be declared at a Jungle hex, although it is possible that a Blaze or Smoke exists in a Jungle hex from the beginning of a scenario.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 304
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/10/2020 6:28:35 PM   
asl3d

TROTOAR JUNGLE LANE

In the Pacific Theater of Operations (PTO) Path Trees hexes are Trotoar Jungle Lane hexes.
A Trotoar Jungle Lane is a type of thoroughfare that is intended for use only by infantry units and not other forms of units such as motorized vehicles, cycles, and horses.
A Trotoar Jungle lane only exists in jungle hexes.
An infantry unit needs to spend 2MF to enter a Trotoar Jungle lane hex.
It cost 10 MP for fulltracked vehicles to enter a Trotoar Jungle lane hex.
The rest of the vehicles cannot enter a Trotoar Jungle lane hex.
A Trotoar Jungle lane is not a LOS obstacle, but it does Degrading at level 1 to the LOS between the firer and target.
A Trotoar Jungle lane hex provides a TEM +2.
Vehicle Overrun against a Trotoar Jungle lane hex is not permitted.
A Trotoar Jungle lane hex is a Whole hex for the purposes of the LOS drawn through it.
No Fortifications, Wire, Minefield, Barricades or Roadblock, are allowed in a Trotoar Jungle lane hex.
During a scenario, a Blaze or Smoke is not allowed to be declared at a Trotoar Jungle lane hex, although it is possible that a Blaze or Smoke exists in a Trotoar Jungle lane hex from the beginning of a scenario.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 305
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/11/2020 6:20:52 PM   
asl3d

LIGHT JUNGLE

In the Pacific Theater of Operations (PTO) Light Woods hexes are Light Jungle hexes.
The jungle causes all types of problems which, coupled with the Japanese ability to make use of these problems, can cause much concern to any attacker. Knowing what terrain features will slow down the attack and knowing where the general direction of the attack will take place makes it much easier to set up a few nasty surprises.
Japanese soldiers knew how to move through the jungle. All squads and half-squads of the Japanese Imperial Army, except Conscripts, have the ability of the Stealth Movement. That is, the Japanese can move without being detected automatically, even if they are adjacent to an enemy unit. To be spotted, an enemy unit must either perform a successful spotting attempt, or the Japanese unit must fire or move in open terrain in the LOS of an enemy unit of Good Order. The Japanese CANNOT use Stealth Movement while performing Double-timing movement with a leader, but can use Stealth Movement to enter Melee.
An infantry unit needs to spend 2MF to enter a Light Jungle hex.
It cost 5 MP for fulltracked vehicles to enter a Light Jungle hex.
It cost 7 MP for halftracked vehicles to enter a Light Jungle hex.
It cost 9 MP for vehicles with only wheels to enter a Light Jungle hex.
A Light Jungle hex provides a TEM +2.
A Light Jungle hex is a level 1 obstacle that blocks the LOS.
Vehicle Overrun against a Light Jungle hex is not permitted.
A Light Jungle hex is a Whole hex for the purposes of the LOS drawn through it.
No Fortifications, Wire, Minefield, Barricades or Roadblock, are allowed in a Light Jungle hex.
During a scenario, a Blaze or Smoke is not allowed to be declared at a Light Jungle hex, although it is possible that a Blaze or Smoke exists in a Light Jungle hex from the beginning of a scenario.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by asl3d -- 12/11/2020 6:22:01 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 306
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/12/2020 6:18:00 PM   
asl3d

Native Guides

The average speed of infantry on a jungle trail was between four and 15 miles per day (depending on the exact nature of the terrain and weather), if troops were unencumbered with sick or wounded personnel. The use of native guides (employed by both sides whenever possible) could reduce travel times dramatically; with their superior local knowledge of obstacles or short-cuts, Papuan guides in New Guinea, for instance, could shorten a 36-hour journey to as little as 45 minutes!

A native guide is represented in Heroes and Leaders mod by a low-ranking Leader, usually a corporal, with a lower morale factor than the rest of the Leaders in his army.
For example, "Japan Guide Teruo Nakamura" or "Japan Guide Subhas Chandra Bose", are native guides who fought in the Imperial Japan Army.
A native guide has associated a "Speedy" Skill Card that adds 2 movement points to this guide and all units stacked in the guide’s hex. Therefore, the Double-timing MMCs whit this guide have 8 Movement Points, which is the maximum movement capacity for infantry units.
If stacked units in a guide’s hex are Assault Movement capable, they expend up to 4 MPs and then fire.
Except for all of the above, a native guide behaves the same as the rest of the other leaders and has similar characteristics.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 307
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/13/2020 6:26:40 PM   
asl3d

Japan Mitsubishi Ki-21 Type 97

< Message edited by asl3d -- 12/13/2020 6:27:17 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 308
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/16/2020 6:05:12 PM   
asl3d

RICE PADDIES

A Rice Paddy in Heroes and Leaders mod is one which the rice plants are at their mature height, Unless a special rule says otherwise.
In reality, a Rice Paddy field could be "Dry", though would perhaps be a more appropriate term for this type were it not for the fact that calling a paddy "dry but muddy" would sound a bit odd. An Irrigated paddy is one that is flooded with several inches of water; any rice growing in it is not yet tall enough to affect LOS.
It should be noted that the rice-paddy depictions and rules are highly abstracted.
The actual paddy banks are assumed to be anywhere within the area represented by the paddy hex.
Each hex should be visualized as generally containing more than one separate paddy.
An infantry unit needs to spend 2MF to enter a Rice Paddy hex.
It cost 5 MP for fulltracked vehicles to enter a Rice Paddy hex.
Vehicles halftracked and with only wheels cannot enter a Rice Paddy hex
A Rice Paddy hex provides a TEM +1.
A Rice Paddy is not a LOS obstacle, but it does Degrading the LOS traced at the same level between the firer and target.
A Rice Paddy hex is a Whole hex for the purposes of the LOS drawn through it.
Vehicle Overrun against a Rice Paddy hex is not permitted.
Fortifications, Wire, Minefield, Barricades or Roadblock, are allowed in Rice Paddy hex.
During a scenario, a Blaze or Smoke is not allowed to be declared at a Rice Paddy hex, although it is possible that a Blaze or Smoke exists in a Rice Paddy hex from the beginning of a scenario.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 309
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/17/2020 6:23:39 PM   
asl3d

HUTS

In Pacific scenarios, each wooden Single Story House whose hex contains three or more separate buildings, Hut no partial building depiction, is a Hut.
Except as stated otherwise, Huts are treated as wooden Single Story Houses and all Huts in the same hex are considered one Hut for Heroes and Leaders mod rules purposes.
An infantry unit needs to spend 2MF to enter a Hut hex.
It cost 4 MP for fulltracked vehicles to enter a Hut hex.
It cost 9 MP for halftracked vehicles to enter a Hut hex.
It cost 12 MP for vehicles with only wheels to enter a Hut hex.
A Hut hex provides a TEM +1.
A Hut hex is a level 1 obstacle that blocks the LOS.
A Hut hex is a Whole hex for the purposes of the LOS drawn through it.
Vehicle Overrun against a Hut hex is not permitted.
Fortifications, Wire, Minefield, Barricades or Roadblock, are not allowed in Hut hex.
During a scenario, a Blaze or Smoke is not allowed to be declared at a Hut hex, although it is possible that a Blaze or Smoke exists in a Hut hex from the beginning of a scenario.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 310
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/18/2020 6:51:39 PM   
asl3d

BAMBOO

The Brush hexes in the Pacific were Bamboo hexes.
Most bamboo species are native to warm and moist tropical and to warm temperate climates. In the Asia-Pacific region they occur across East Asia, south and northern Australia, and west to India and the Himalayas. Some of the largest bamboo can grow over 30 m tall, and be as large as 300 mm in diameter.
An infantry unit needs to spend 2 MF to enter a Bamboo hex.
It cost 2 MP for fulltracked vehicles to enter a Bamboo hex.
It cost 5 MP for halftracked vehicles to enter a Bamboo hex.
It cost 5 MP for vehicles with only wheels to enter a Bamboo hex.
A Bamboo hex provides a TEM +1.
A Bamboo is a level 1 hindrance to the LOS.
A Bamboo is not a LOS obstacle, but it does Degrading the LOS traced at the same level between the firer and target.
A Bamboo hex is a Whole hex for the purposes of the LOS drawn through it.
Vehicle Overrun against a Bamboo hex is permitted.
Fortifications, Wire, Minefield, Barricades or Roadblock, are allowed in Bamboo hex.
During a scenario, a Blaze or Smoke is not allowed to be declared at a Bamboo hex, although it is possible that a Blaze or Smoke exists in a Bamboo hex from the beginning of a scenario.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 311
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/19/2020 5:48:04 PM   
asl3d

PALM TREES

In the Pacific Theater of Operations (PTO) Orchard hexes are Palm Trees.
Each Palm Trees hex is treated as a normal orchard hex except as stated otherwise.
Palm Trees, while much taller than the fruit trees normally found in orchards, have significantly less foliage. Moreover, the fronds are concentrated at the very top of the trunks, thus providing less of a hindrance to sight. For this reason, and for the sake of simplicity, the one-level height of orchards has been retained.
Palm Trees are always in season.
An infantry unit needs to spend 1MF to enter a Palm Trees hex.
It cost 4 MP for fulltracked vehicles to enter a Palm Trees hex.
It cost 6 MP for halftracked vehicles to enter a Palm Trees hex.
It cost 8 MP for vehicles with only wheels to enter a Palm Trees hex.
A Palm Trees hex provides a TEM +1.
A Palm Trees is a level 1 hindrance to the LOS.
A Palm Trees is not a LOS obstacle, but it does Degrading the LOS traced at the same level between the firer and target.
A Palm Trees hex is a Whole hex for the purposes of the LOS drawn through it.
Vehicle Overrun against a Palm Trees hex is not permitted.
Fortifications, Wire, Minefield, Barricades or Roadblock, are allowed in Palm Trees hex.
During a scenario, a Blaze or Smoke is not allowed to be declared at a Palm Trees hex, although it is possible that a Blaze or Smoke exists in a Palm Trees hex from the beginning of a scenario.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 312
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/20/2020 7:54:12 PM   
asl3d

LANGKAH JUNGLE TRAIL

Most of the "roads" in the Pacific were Langkah Jungle Trails.
The jungle was almost universally regarded as impenetrable (based mostly on observations from the rear seat of staff cars). The Allies were fatally dependent on the few roads in existence and, contrary, the Japanese travelling as light as possible, mainly on bicycles but also using mules, native labor and even elephants. Motor vehicles were kept to a minimum. Roads were, in any case, not forever necessarily a faster means of travel.
An infantry unit needs to spend 1 MF to enter a Langkah Jungle Trail hex.
It cost 2 MP for fulltracked vehicles to enter a Langkah Jungle Trail hex.
It cost 4 MP for halftracked vehicles to enter a Langkah Jungle Trail hex.
It cost 4 MP for vehicles with only wheels to enter a Langkah Jungle Trail hex.
A Langkah Jungle Trail hex provides a TEM +1.
A Langkah Jungle Trail is a same level hindrance to the LOS.
A Palm Trees is not a LOS obstacle, but it does Degrading the LOS traced at the same level between the firer and target.
A Langkah Jungle Trail hex is a Whole hex for the purposes of the LOS drawn through it.
Vehicle Overrun against a Langkah Jungle Trail hex is not permitted.
Fortifications, Wire, Minefield, Barricades or Roadblock, are allowed in Langkah Jungle Trail hex.
During a scenario, a Blaze or Smoke is not allowed to be declared at a Langkah Jungle Trail hex, although it is possible that a Blaze or Smoke exists in a Langkah Jungle Trail hex from the beginning of a scenario.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 313
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/21/2020 6:31:38 PM   
asl3d

KUNAI

The Wheat Fields in the Pacific were Kunai grass hexes.
This is a type of tall, a perennial grass, up to 1.2 m high, coarse grass found in SE Asia and nearby regions. Generally speaking it is widespread within most tropical areas of the world. It grows well in sub-humid or humid grasslands or open woodlands. It occurs generally in damp conditions adjacent to swampy areas and drainage lines. Often being found in jungle "clearings" and sometimes covering broad expanses of otherwise-open ground. Leaves are narrow, rigid, blade-shaped, up to 1 m long, 3-10 mm broad, bearded at the base and glabrous in their upper part. The edges of its leaves are sharp and can cause lacerations. Kunai also collectively represents other similar types of growth such as elephant grass.
An infantry unit needs to spend 2 MF to enter a Kunai grass hex.
It cost 2 MP for fulltracked vehicles to enter a Kunai grass hex.
It cost 3 MP for halftracked vehicles to enter a Kunai grass hex.
It cost 7 MP for vehicles with only wheels to enter a Kunai grass hex.
A Kunai grass hex does not provide any TEM.
A Kunai grass is a same level hindrance to the LOS.
A Kunai grass is not a LOS obstacle, but it does Degrading the LOS traced at the same level between the firer and target.
A Kunai grass hex is a Whole hex for the purposes of the LOS drawn through it.
Vehicle Overrun against a Kunai grass hex is permitted.
Fortifications, Wire, Minefield, Barricades or Roadblock, are allowed in Kunai grass hex.
During a scenario, a Blaze or Smoke is not allowed to be declared at a Kunai grass hex, although it is possible that a Blaze or Smoke exists in a Kunai grass hex from the beginning of a scenario.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 314
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/22/2020 6:49:30 PM   
asl3d

HUT PALM TREES

A hex containing both Hut and Palm Trees depictions is a Hut-Palm hex.
Palm Trees in Hut-Palm hexes are always in season.
In Hut-Palm hexes, the terrain effects of both terrain types are relatively cumulative.
An infantry unit needs to spend 2MF to enter a Hut-Palm hex.
It cost 6 MP for fulltracked vehicles to enter a Hut-Palm hex.
It cost 10 MP for halftracked vehicles to enter a Hut-Palm hex.
It cost 14 MP for vehicles with only wheels to enter a Hut-Palm hex.
A Hut-Palm hex provides a TEM +2.
A Hut hex is a level 1 obstacle that blocks the LOS.
A Hut-Palm hex is a Whole hex for the purposes of the LOS drawn through it.
Vehicle Overrun against a Hut-Palm hex is not permitted.
Fortifications, Wire, Minefield, Barricades or Roadblock, are not allowed in Hut-Palm hex.
During a scenario, a Blaze or Smoke is not allowed to be declared at a Hut-Palm hex, although it is possible that a Blaze or Smoke exists in a Hut-Palm hex from the beginning of a scenario.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 315
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/30/2020 6:30:31 PM   
asl3d

MANGROVE FORESTS

Mangrove forests only grow at tropical and subtropical latitudes near the equator that grow in coastal saline or brackish water.
Many mangrove forests can be recognized by their dense tangle of prop roots that make the trees appear to be standing on stilts above the water.
An infantry unit needs to spend 3MF to enter a Mangrove hex.
No vehicle may enter a Mangrove hex.
A Mangrove hex is a level 1 obstacle that blocks the LOS.
A Mangrove hex provides a TEM +2.
Vehicle Overrun against a Mangrove hex is not permitted.
A Mangrove hex is a Whole hex for the purposes of the LOS drawn through it.
No Fortifications, Wire, Minefield, Barricades or Roadblock, are allowed in a Mangrove hex.
During a scenario, a Blaze or Smoke is not allowed to be declared at a Mangrove hex, although it is possible that a Blaze or Smoke exists in a Mangrove hex from the beginning of a scenario.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 316
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/1/2021 6:28:59 PM   
asl3d

CAVES

While it is true that other nationalities utilized cave positions on occasion, the Japanese used them far more extensively than anyone else. A scenario can always allow caves to be used by another nationality, should it be necessary for historical accuracy.
The caves are a set of tunnels dug in the mountains to connect different fortifications.
Caves hexes are the entry and exit hexes of the underground networks of tunnels, usually dug in the mountains, that connect the various fortifications of a cave complex.
A cave counter is a fortification unto itself.
Cave Complexes are Fortifications that are available only to the Japanese.
No Cave counter may be set up in a building, rubble, marsh, swamp, Water Obstacle hex or in a stream.
The cave hex can only be located in a hill hex.
The cave hex must be adjacent, at least, to one other hill hex with a level higher than the cave hex.
Only a cave may be entered from an adjacent hex located at same level the cave hex.
Therefore, it's not allowed to enter a cave from an adjacent hex located at higher or lower level.
Fortifications, Wire, Minefield, Barricades or Roadblock, are not allowed in a Cave hex.
The cave's level equals the Base Level of its Entrance Hex.
A unit in a Cave Location is at the same level as the hex it occupies, so in the habitual LOS of all enemy units. That is, the units that are in a Cave Location are not underground, outside the enemy LOS.
Caves counters may be set up only prior to the start of the scenario, with a maximum of one per hex
Each Cave counter represents a separate location, with its own above-ground entrance, in its hex.
Caves are rally bonus terrain.
Only Infantry/SW/a-non-vehicular-Gun may be set up in a cave.
An infantry unit needs to spend 2MF to enter a Cave hex.
No vehicle can enter a Cave hex.
A Cave hex provides a TEM +4.
A Cave hex is a level 1 obstacle that blocks the LOS.
A Cave hex is a Whole hex for the purposes of the LOS drawn through it.
Vehicle Overrun against a Cave hex is not permitted.
During a scenario, a Blaze or Smoke is not allowed to be declared at a Cave hex, although it is possible that a Blaze or Smoke exists in a Cave hex from the beginning of a scenario.
Each Cave counter has an associated Cave Complex that abstractly represents a series of underground passageways extending from the cave's Location, thus enabling Japanese Infantry to move unseen from one point to another.
Cave Complexes may not overlap.
HIP for caves, Cave Complexes, and their contents is in addition to all other HIP allowed to the Japanese side.
Each cave has a stacking capacity of three squad-equivalent (Overstocking can still occur).
Only a Hero, or Leader and all the units stacked with him, may, if they begin their impulse in a hex with a Cave Location, move to any other hex with other Cave Location within a range of six hexes.
A Cave Complex consists at least of two entrance/exit Locations which must be within six hexes of each other.
Only Good Order Infantry may enter and move inside a Cave Complex net from a Cave Location.
The squads and half-squads cannot move through the Cave Complex network without being stacked with a Hero or a Leader.
Heroes or Leaders can only move through the Cave Complex network if they have a "Sewer Rat" Skill Card.
Furthermore, only those units granted Sewer Movement capability, may enter the Cave.
Such movement is considered a Movement inside a Cave Complex network, and is not subject to Opportunity Fire.
Movement inside a Cave Complex network must start in a Cave Location and end in other Cave Location or Bunker Location or Fortress Location.
Movement inside a Cave Complex network must be performed as one combined stack, accompanied by a Hero or Leader.
If the destination hex is occupied by enemy troops, the units that made Movement inside a Cave Complex network conduct Melee combat as per standard Melee rules.
The Caves are also connected to the Tunnels underground network, and the units can move freely from one Tunnel Location to another of Cave, and vice versa, always within the limits of six hexes of maximum range.
Units in a Cave may not portage more than their IPC nor push a Gun.
Movement inside a Cave Complex network cannot be used to move beneath any Water Obstacle hex.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 317
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/13/2021 6:08:14 PM   
asl3d

SUNGAI JUNGLE RIVER

A Sungai is a shallow river that usually runs through the jungle.
The forest mass of the jungle extends practically to the margins of the watercourse of a Sungai absorbing any type of beach or adjacent land.
An infantry unit needs to spend 3 MF to enter a Sungai hex.
It cost 10 MP for fulltracked vehicles to enter a Sungai hex.
Halftracked vehicles can't enter a Sungai hex.
Vehicles with only wheels can't enter a Sungai hex.
A Sungai hex does not provide any TEM.
A Sungai is not a LOS hindrance or obstacle, so does not Degrading or Blocking the LOS traced at the same level between the firer and target.
A Sungai hex is a Whole hex for the purposes of the LOS drawn through it.
Vehicle Overrun against a Sungai hex is not permitted.
Fortifications, Wire, Minefield, Barricades or Roadblock, are not allowed in Sungai hex.
During a scenario, a Blaze or Smoke is not allowed to be declared at a Sungai hex.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 318
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/14/2021 6:09:46 PM   
asl3d

RAWA JUNGLE SWAMP

A Rawa Jungle Swamp represents pockets of alternating ankle-to-waist high water and jungle swampy ground overgrown with vegetation.
A Rawa Jungle Swamp also represents the transition between two levels of height of a Sungai or a Stream.
An infantry unit needs to spend 3 MF to enter a Rawa hex.
Fulltracked vehicles can't enter a Rawa hex.
Halftracked vehicles can't enter a Rawa hex.
Vehicles with only wheels can't enter a Rawa hex.
A Rawa Jungle Swamp hex provides a TEM +2.
A Rawa is a LOS obstacle, so a Rawa blocks the LOS traced at the same level between the firer and target.
A Rawa hex is a level 1 obstacle that blocks the LOS.
A Rawa hex is a Whole hex for the purposes of the LOS drawn through it.
Vehicle Overrun against a Rawa hex is not permitted.
Fortifications, Wire, Minefield, Barricades or Roadblock, are not allowed in Rawa hex.
During a scenario, a Blaze or Smoke is not allowed to be declared at a Rawa hex.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 319
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/20/2021 6:21:09 PM   
asl3d

MOUNTAIN TRACK

A mountain track or mountain pass is a route through a mountain range or over a ridge. At lower elevations it be called a hill pass. Mountain tracks have long been built through passes and the top of a pass is frequently the only flat ground in the area, and is a high vantage point. Mountain tracks also provide a route between two mountain tops with a minimum of descent. As a result, often makes them convenient routes even when travelling between a summit and the valley floor.
An infantry unit needs to spend only 1MF to enter a Mountain Track hex.
It cost 1 MP for fulltracked vehicles to enter a Mountain Track hex.
It cost 1 MP for halftracked vehicles to enter a Mountain Track hex.
It cost 1 MP for vehicles with only wheels to enter a Mountain Track hex.
A Mountain Track hex does not provide any TEM.
A Mountain Track is not a LOS obstacle or a LOS Hindrance traced at the same level between the firer and target.
Vehicle Overrun against a Mountain Track hex is permitted.
Fortifications, Wire, Minefield, Barricades or Roadblock, are allowed in Mountain Track hex.
During a scenario, a Blaze or Smoke is allowed to be declared at a Mountain Track hex, and it's possible that a Blaze or Smoke exists in a Mountain Track hex from the beginning of a scenario.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 320
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/22/2021 6:16:11 PM   
asl3d

WOOD DEBRIS

A "Wood Debris" represents an area of the board devastated by a fire or artillery barrage, where there was previously a Forest (level 1 or 2), or Wood (level 1 or 2), or Jungle (level 1 or 2), or Light Jungle, or wooden building, or Hut.
An infantry unit needs to spend 3MF to enter a Wood Debris hex.
It cost 4 MP for fulltracked vehicles to enter a Wood Debris hex.
Halftracked vehicles can't enter a Wood Debris hex.
Vehicles with only wheels can't enter a Wood Debris hex.
A Wood Debris hex provides a TEM +1.
A Wood Debris isn't a LOS hindrance or obstacle, so doesn't Degrading or Blocking the LOS traced at the same level between the firer and target.
Vehicle Overrun against a Wood Debris hex isn't permitted.
A Wood Debrishex is a Whole hex for the purposes of the LOS drawn through it.
Bunkers, Fortress, Roadblock and Minefield are allowed in a Wood Debris hex.
Wire, Panjis and Barricades aren't allowed in a Wood Debris hex.
During a scenario, a Blaze or Smoke are allowed to be declared at a Wood Debris hex, and also it's possible that a Blaze or Smoke exists in a Wood Debris hex from the beginning of a scenario.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by asl3d -- 1/23/2021 6:51:45 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 321
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/23/2021 6:50:21 PM   
asl3d

PUNJIS

Punjis are split bamboo stakes about half meter long, sharpened and driven into the ground at an angle of 45 degrees facing in the same direction. They were usually emplanted to form a dense belt of stakes perhaps one meter and a half in width. The function of a Punji belt was akin to that of wire: to channel or impede movement. While wire was a more effective impediment, it was often unavailable. Moreover, Punjis were more dangerous to cross, especially when hidden in the undergrowth.
Punjis are Fortification that can be set up (to a maximum of one per hex) only prior to the start of a Pacific scenario.
A Fortification of Punjis does not create a new Location in its hex; the term "Punji Location" used herein simply refers to a Location that contains a Fortification of Punjis.
Each Fortification of Punjis creates three covered hexsides in its hex.
An infantry unit needs to spend 3MF to enter a hex through a hexside whit Punjis Fortification (plus normal hex entry cost).
It cost 2 MP for fulltracked vehicles to enter a hex through a hexside whit Punjis Fortification(plus normal hex entry cost).
Halftracked vehicles can't enter a hex through a hexside whit Punjis Fortification.
Vehicles with only wheels can't enter a hex through a hexside whit Punjis Fortification.
A hexside whit Punjis Fortification not provides any TEM.
A hex with Punjis hexsides isn't a LOS hindrance or obstacle, so doesn't Degrading or Blocking the LOS traced at the same level between the firer and target.
A hex with Punjis hexsides isn't a Whole hex for the purposes of the LOS drawn through it.
Vehicle Overrun against a hexside whit Punjis isn't permitted.
Punjis Fortification may be set up in any non-subterranean terrain other than Building, Rubble, Marsh, Rawa Jungle Swamp, Road/Langkah Jungle Trail/Mountain Track, Crag, Water, Sungai Jungle River, Barricades, Bocage, Hedges, Stone Wall, Anti-Tank Ditch, Cliff, Train, Stream or Caves.
Bunkers, Wire, Roadblocks, Mines and Fortress are allowed in a hex with hexsides whit Punjis.
During a scenario, a Blaze or Smoke are allowed to be declared at a hex with Punjis hexsides, and also it's possible that a Blaze or Smoke exists in a hex with Punjis hexsides from the beginning of a scenario.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 322
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/24/2021 6:41:59 PM   
asl3d

SUNGAI JUNGLE RIVER FORD

A Sungai Ford represents an area within a Sungai Jungle River hex where the Depression's sides have a gentler slope and the streambed itself is level and lies near the surface.
A Sungai Ford is still at the same elevation as that Sungai Jungle River hex, and is treated as a Sungai Jungle River hex except as amended below.
Movement into a ford stream hex from any direction is treated as if the water depth were shallower.
An infantry unit needs to spend 2 MF to enter a Sungai Ford hex.
It cost 3 MP for fulltracked vehicles to enter a Sungai Ford hex.
It cost 6 MP for halftracked vehicles to enter a Sungai Ford hex.
It cost 12 MP to vehicles with only wheels to enter a Sungai Ford hex.
A Sungai Ford hex does not provide any TEM.
A Sungai Ford is not a LOS hindrance or obstacle, so does not Degrading or Blocking the LOS traced at the same level between the firer and target.
Vehicle Overrun against a Sungai Ford hex is not permitted.
Fortifications, Wire, Minefield, Barricades or Roadblock, are not allowed in Sungai Ford hex.
During a scenario, a Blaze or Smoke is not allowed to be declared at a Sungai Ford hex.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 323
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/26/2021 6:25:29 PM   
asl3d

New Core Pack, release 20210114, is coming

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 324
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/29/2021 6:19:10 PM   
asl3d

The release 5.0 of Heroes and Leaders mod is already available in this same "thread", in the post # 1:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4354865#

The main news contained in current release of Heroes and Leaders mod are:

Imperial Japanese Army

US Marines

New terrain file for Heroes and Leaders Expansion "Pacific"

New Sprites File

New event file

New folder "Hexes"

New Units file

New rules

Complete scenarios of Heroes and Leaders Historical Module "Großdeutschland"

Complete scenarios of Heroes and Leaders mod Expansion "Partizani"

Complete panels for "Großdeutschland" and "Partizani"

Errata modifications and corrections.

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 325
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 2/20/2021 6:09:21 PM   
asl3d

Amphibious landing

The rules governing amphibious landing are provided in the "Units Expansion" manual contained in the "Documents" pack.

Here is an example about the real mechanics during the movement of the amphibians over the ocean as well as their landing on the beach.

On water, an amphibious vehicle is a combination of an "Amphibious barge" and an "Amphibious vehicle."
(Figure 1 shows an "Amphibious barge" and an "Amphibious vehicle").

The "Amphibious vehicle" travels on board the "Amphibious barge", and the infantry units travel on board the "Amphibious vehicle".
(Figure 2 shows an "Amphibious vehicle" with its passengers, embarked on an "Amphibious barge" during its advance towards the beach).

When an amphibious unit is attacked in a water hex, both the "Amphibious barge" and the "Amphibious vehicle" can be wrecked.
(Figure 3 shows a direct hit in a water hex on an "Amphibious vehicle" embarked on an "Amphibious barge").

When an "Amphibious vehicle" sinks in the water it becomes the usual destroyed vehicle, and the "Amphibious barge" still remains above the water.
(Figure 4 shows a destroyed "Amphibious vehicle" in the water along with its surviving "Amphibious barge").

If the "Amphibious barge" is sunk in the water, then the "Amphibious barge" is removed from the board and the "Amphibious vehicle" still remains above the water. Although the "Amphibious vehicle" still remains in the water, it can no longer travel to the beach and remained stranded in that hex.
(Figure 5 shows an "Amphibious vehicle" stranded in a water hex after the "Amphibious barge" carrying it to the beach has sunk).

When the "Amphibious barge" manages to reach the beach, the "Amphibious vehicle" lands in the usual way.
(Figure 6 shows the hex where the "Amphibious vehicle" can land once the "Load/Unload" button has been pressed).

Once the "Amphibious vehicle" has managed to land on the beach, it can continue its movement on land, taking with it the infantry units it has on board. Also in the usual way, the embarked units can get off the "Amphibious vehicle" that transports them at any time.
(Figure 7 shows an "Amphibious vehicle" already landed on the beach and carrying its passengers into inland terrain).

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 326
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 6/22/2021 5:28:20 PM   
asl3d

FOREST BRANCH

Many of the "roads" in the Ardennes sector were Forest Branch, a muddy mountain roads that are quite difficult to navigate with vehicles, especially cars equipped with wheels.
An infantry unit needs to spend 1 MF to enter a Forest Branch hex.
It cost 1 MP for fulltracked vehicles to enter a Forest Branch hex.
It cost 2 MP for halftracked vehicles to enter a Forest Branch hex.
It cost 4 MP for vehicles with only wheels to enter a Forest Branch hex.
A Forest Branch hex provides a TEM +1.
A Forest Branch is a same level hindrance to the LOS.
A Forest Branch is not a LOS obstacle, but it does Degrading the LOS traced at the same level between the firer and target.
A Forest Branch hex is a Whole hex for the purposes of the LOS drawn through it.
Vehicle Overrun against a Forest Branch hex is permitted.
Fortifications, Wire, Minefield, Barricades or Roadblock, are allowed in Forest Branch hex.
During a scenario, a Blaze or Smoke is not allowed to be declared at a Forest Branch hex, although it is possible that a Blaze or Smoke exists in a Forest Branch hex from the beginning of a scenario.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 327
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 6/23/2021 6:15:45 PM   
asl3d

RIVER FORD

A River Ford represents an area within a River hex where the Depression's sides have a gentler slope and the streambed itself is level and lies near the surface.
A River Ford is still at the same elevation as that River hex, and is treated as a River hex except as amended below.
Movement into a River Ford hex from any direction is treated as if the water depth were shallower.
An infantry unit needs to spend 2 MF to enter a River Ford hex.
It cost 3 MP for fulltracked vehicles to enter a River Ford hex.
It cost 6 MP for halftracked vehicles to enter a River Ford hex.
It cost 12 MP to vehicles with only wheels to enter a River Ford hex.
A River Ford hex does not provide any TEM.
A River Ford is not a LOS hindrance or obstacle, so does not Degrading or Blocking the LOS traced at the same level between the firer and target.
Vehicle Overrun against a River Ford hex is not permitted.
Fortifications, Wire, Minefield, Barricades or Roadblock, are not allowed in River Ford hex.
During a scenario, a Blaze or Smoke is not allowed to be declared at a River Ford hex.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 328
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 6/24/2021 6:13:16 PM   
asl3d

New Heroes and Leaders Core Pack is coming...

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 329
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 6/25/2021 5:52:43 PM   
asl3d

The release 6.0 of Heroes and Leaders mod is already available in this same "thread", in the post # 1:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4354865#

The main news contained in current release of Heroes and Leaders mod are:

New terrain file for Heroes and Leaders Historical Module "Ardennes"

New Sprites file

New event file

New folder "Hexes"

New Units file

New rules

Complete scenarios of Heroes and Leaders Expansion "Pacific"

Errata modifications and corrections.

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI