Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/31/2018 5:23:02 PM   
asl3d

3 Barrikady Volga Ludnikov island

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 91
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/1/2019 5:38:10 PM   
asl3d

4 Barrikady Volga red house

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 92
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/2/2019 5:59:31 PM   
asl3d

5 Barrikady Volga Commissar house

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 93
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/2/2019 6:46:41 PM   
Big Ivan

Hello asl3D

I'm new to Lock n Load Heroes of Stalingrad. I just picked it up 2 days ago.

I've been working through the tutorials one by one which I might add are pretty good in learning the overall game.

My question is on the mods presented here. If I'm reading correctly I need to have the most current version patched
in. Having that I guess I just need to download the "Core of Heroes and Leaders" mod and then install it right in the game folder
created on my rig. However is it automatically enabled once downloaded and unzipped or do I need to introduce this
mod with something like JSGME? I've used JSGME with Campaign Series Middle East and Tigers on the Hunt so I m familiar with it.

Any comments or help will be welcome.

Kind Regards,

John

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 94
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/2/2019 7:29:38 PM   
asl3d

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big Ivan

Hello asl3D

I'm new to Lock n Load Heroes of Stalingrad. I just picked it up 2 days ago.

I've been working through the tutorials one by one which I might add are pretty good in learning the overall game.

My question is on the mods presented here. If I'm reading correctly I need to have the most current version patched
in. Having that I guess I just need to download the "Core of Heroes and Leaders" mod and then install it right in the game folder
created on my rig. However is it automatically enabled once downloaded and unzipped or do I need to introduce this
mod with something like JSGME? I've used JSGME with Campaign Series Middle East and Tigers on the Hunt so I m familiar with it.

Any comments or help will be welcome.

Kind Regards,

John

Hello John, again.
Welcome "among the ruins".

Tutorials:
If I remember correctly, you come from SL/ASL.
I agree with you that "they are pretty good in learning the overall game", although there is a friend here who disagrees.

Most current version patched:
You just have to click on "Check for Update" in the boot menu (I include an image).

Download the "Core of Heroes and Leaders" mod:
When you download the "Core of Heroes and Leaders" mod, you will see that there is a "readme" file with all the instructions for its installation.
I have not thought about using JSGME or something similar. Installation is very simple and no further complications are necessary. In this sense, I am thinking of developing a small "Install" program to make it even easier to install, especially for those friends who are not minimally familiar with file management in the Windows environment.

I'm glad you decided to participate in this game. I'm sure you will not regret your decision. Your presence in this forum greatly enriches it.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 95
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/3/2019 6:45:31 AM   
Big Ivan

Thanks asl3d for the game update explanation and the kind words about this forum!

If I get the chance today I'll take a look at those read me install docs and get my rig patched up to the latest
and greatest LnL.

The one thing that caught my eye about this game was the superb graphics of both the units and especially the terrain.
Seeing your many posts of terrain and units finally made me get my money out and become part of the LnL family.

I know I won't regret it. I'm already having fun with just the tutorials. Can't wait to get into some of the scenarios!

Cheers!

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 96
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/3/2019 4:39:28 PM   
asl3d

quote:

Thanks asl3d for the game update explanation and the kind words about this forum!

If I get the chance today I'll take a look at those read me install docs and get my rig patched up to the latest
and greatest LnL.

The one thing that caught my eye about this game was the superb graphics of both the units and especially the terrain.
Seeing your many posts of terrain and units finally made me get my money out and become part of the LnL family.

I know I won't regret it. I'm already having fun with just the tutorials. Can't wait to get into some of the scenarios!

Cheers!

In case this can help you, in the Thread

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4415998

There is a set of auxiliary documents that help to understand the mechanics of combat and introduce you to the context of the game.

These documents are the following:

1.- H & L Scenarios Collection Carentan, version of January 9, 2018
2.- H & L Scenarios Collection Barrikady, version of December 12, 2018
3.- H & L Terrain Chart, release of December 12, 2018
4.- H & L Tutorial, release of December 12, 2018
5.- H & L Units Catalog 1 Soviet Army, version of December 12, 2018.
6.- H & L Units Catalog 2 German Army, version of December 12, 2018.
7.- H & L Units Catalog 3 US Army, version of September 2, 2018.
8.- H & L Readme, release of January 9, 2018.

Especially, I recommend that you take a look at the document Tutorial, which exposes all the news of Heroes and Leaders mod with respect to the original game. It's interesting ...

Semper fidelis

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 97
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/7/2019 5:44:51 PM   
asl3d

1 Barrikady Tanks School

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by asl3d -- 1/7/2019 5:45:03 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 98
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/8/2019 5:15:44 PM   
asl3d

2 Barrikady Tanks Kindergarten

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 99
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/9/2019 5:09:38 PM   
asl3d

3 Barrikady Tanks oil tanks

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 100
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/10/2019 6:15:19 PM   
asl3d

4 Barrikady Tanks store

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 101
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/11/2019 5:30:40 PM   
asl3d

5 Barrikady Tanks houses of workers

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 102
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/13/2019 8:01:05 PM   
asl3d

Second information panel for Barrikady Commissar scenario

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 103
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/14/2019 5:40:23 PM   
asl3d

Fourth information panel for Barrikady Commissar scenario

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 104
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/15/2019 5:56:56 PM   
asl3d

Sixth information panel for Barrikady Commissar scenario

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 105
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/15/2019 6:26:08 PM   
Big Ivan

Hi asl3D,

I got through most of the tutorials and kind of understand the game. It looks to play a lot like the old ASL and Tigers on the Hunt but with a little more finesse!
The commissars and battlefield nurses bring a new dimension for sure!

I was playing around yesterday with the editor. Sorry its the scenario builder in me. I found the editor a little bit complicated in that there seems to be a lot
of things that are needed for a scenario. One thing I got confused on was the Events and their structure. Also I wonder if one can pre pick maps and then change the terrain
to ones liking. I guess I have to read up a little more on that.
Also I want to try a couple of the smaller scenarios to get the game feel down.

Hands down though, I like the system and its good to be among the ruins!

John

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 106
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/15/2019 8:01:06 PM   
asl3d

quote:

Hi asl3D,

I got through most of the tutorials and kind of understand the game. It looks to play a lot like the old ASL and Tigers on the Hunt but with a little more finesse!
The commissars and battlefield nurses bring a new dimension for sure!

I was playing around yesterday with the editor. Sorry its the scenario builder in me. I found the editor a little bit complicated in that there seems to be a lot
of things that are needed for a scenario. One thing I got confused on was the Events and their structure. Also I wonder if one can pre pick maps and then change the terrain
to ones liking. I guess I have to read up a little more on that.
Also I want to try a couple of the smaller scenarios to get the game feel down.

Hands down though, I like the system and its good to be among the ruins!

John

Hi John,

Old ASL and Tigers on the Hunt (TotH):

Totally agree. However, I see important differences with TotH. Here are the hexides that, as you well know, play an important role in ASL and Peter Fisla has not taken them into account. The smoke, the troops embarked, etc., are also here. All this gives Heroes of Stalingrad (HoS) and also Heroes&Leaders mod (H&L mod) a tactical richness that TotH does not provide, unfortunately.
The Commissars are those of ASL, or at least they look a lot like them. The doctors are new, and there are also scouts and snipers, who also appeared in Squad Leader and who in ASL were suppressed (I think correctly).

Editor:

Right. It is not easy, although not impossible either. Precisely, the editor is what marks the difference with many other games (including TotH). But, if you allow me an advice, it is better that you start practicing with the game to familiarize yourself.
But, a first idea is that you can create a scenario using the maps that already exist and also the counters that already exist (both in the original game and in Heroes & Leaders mod, and many other friends who have published their counters before).
A next step is to make maps and create new units, with their own characteristics. This is a bit more complicated, but it is also very fun, I assure you. This is what I like most about this game.
A friend (Maitrebongo) has published a great tutorial on how to use the editor and create scenarios based on existing maps and counters.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4228406

Take it easy in the ruins. There are many enemies waiting for you, and with bad intentions ....

Semper fidelis

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 107
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/15/2019 11:25:12 PM   
Big Ivan

God Bless asl3D,

You speak volumes!

I have some learning to do and I will build on that. But please be patient.

Kind regards!!

John

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 108
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/16/2019 5:55:19 PM   
asl3d

Eighth information panel for Barrikady Commissar scenario

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 109
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/16/2019 6:17:53 PM   
asl3d

quote:

God Bless asl3D,

You speak volumes!

I have some learning to do and I will build on that. But please be patient.

Kind regards!!

John

Yes John, the ruins are a good field of learning. If you come out alive from there, the cold waters of Normandy and the bloody beach of Omaha await you.

The life of a Squad Leader is hard and dangerous, you know ...

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 110
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/17/2019 5:33:38 PM   
asl3d

Tenth information panel for Barrikady Commissar scenario

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 111
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/19/2019 6:29:28 PM   
asl3d

Second information panel for Barrikady Graniti scenario

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 112
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/20/2019 8:26:08 PM   
asl3d

2 Barrikady Graniti street

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 113
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/21/2019 11:56:13 AM   
CHINCHIN

Now that I have replaced silhouettes with counters, I have ventured with the mod, it's great, I'm really enjoying the scenarios, congratulations again Asl3d.

Can not play campaigns? I can start a campaign but it only allows me to save it as a scenario, so despite getting the victory, it does not continue.

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 114
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/21/2019 6:01:55 PM   
asl3d

quote:

ORIGINAL: CHINCHIN

Now that I have replaced silhouettes with counters, I have ventured with the mod, it's great, I'm really enjoying the scenarios, congratulations again Asl3d.

Can not play campaigns? I can start a campaign but it only allows me to save it as a scenario, so despite getting the victory, it does not continue.

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Campaign:

Before starting the Barrikady Historical Module I was thinking of designing the module as a campaign, but finally I decided to do it as I had done in Carentan.

The main reason was that, in order to achieve a balanced scenario, it had to be balanced against the AI. Then, if part of the units of one side receives extra units for the effect of the campaign, the balance would be affected.

Another reason was that Barrikady proposes to play some scenarios with the German side and others with the Russian side. There are few scenarios that can be played with both sides. To make a campaign with Barrikady, this becomes more difficult. Actually, 2 campaigns should be done, one with the German side and the other with the Russian side.

Finally, I preferred to make a kind of "campaign" over time (the scenarios follow chronologically), and propose to the players that they follow the same historical process. It is something similar to the historic "Red Barricades" module of ASL (Avalon Hill).

Semper fidelis

(in reply to CHINCHIN)
Post #: 115
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/22/2019 6:07:54 PM   
asl3d

4 Barrikady Graniti Novoselskaya street

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 116
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/23/2019 11:01:47 AM   
CHINCHIN

quote:

ORIGINAL: asl3d
Finally, I preferred to make a kind of "campaign" over time (the scenarios follow chronologically), and propose to the players that they follow the same historical process. It is something similar to the historic "Red Barricades" module of ASL (Avalon Hill).

It is very well like this, the truth is that the campaigns are not very good, also if you do not get the victory you can not continue. Much better correlative sceneries.

I'm finishing the second scenario, I get just the objectives but the Russians counterattack harshly. What damage do Russian mortars do! Very fun and exciting.

What brings me crazy are the LOS, I do not know if they are errors of the game or I just do not understand them, they shoot me from far away, traversing several structures, as it is not possible to three hexagons, I suppose that little by little I will understand.

< Message edited by CHINCHIN -- 1/23/2019 11:04:50 AM >

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 117
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/23/2019 6:17:07 PM   
asl3d

quote:

It is very well like this, the truth is that the campaigns are not very good, also if you do not get the victory you can not continue. Much better correlative sceneries.

I'm finishing the second scenario, I get just the objectives but the Russians counterattack harshly. What damage do Russian mortars do! Very fun and exciting.

What brings me crazy are the LOS, I do not know if they are errors of the game or I just do not understand them, they shoot me from far away, traversing several structures, as it is not possible to three hexagons, I suppose that little by little I will understand.

I'm glad you're enjoying the scenarios.

LOS:

The second scenario is the German attack on the Barrikady factory through Tramvanaya Street (attached partial image of the scenario).

Note that the M6 building is an level 3 obstacle for the LOS, so the Russian units deployed there are at level 2. That is, they have a lot of visibility, even above other buildings (in the image, you can see the hex building I2, passing over the buildings in K4 and J3).

Another thing that you must take into account is that even though a hex is a building, the LOS can cross it on some occasions. For example, a unit in C5 can see a target in C3. Also, a unit in H4 can see a target in I3.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to CHINCHIN)
Post #: 118
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/23/2019 7:54:38 PM   
CHINCHIN

I'm playing them in the order they appear in the menu, “Barrikady Bread Factory”. But yes, that's it, "level 3". Thank you.

Is there a list with the correct order of the scenarios?

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 119
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/23/2019 9:55:41 PM   
CHINCHIN

The unit "Soviet Naval Infantry Scout" moves 4 shake. It's a bug?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CHINCHIN)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI