Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/23/2019 10:00:00 PM   
CHINCHIN

The silhouettes, and in my MOD the counters, of the USA_SW with two states, are wrong.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CHINCHIN)
Post #: 121
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/23/2019 11:58:35 PM   
Gerry4321

quote:

ORIGINAL: CHINCHIN

quote:

ORIGINAL: asl3d
Finally, I preferred to make a kind of "campaign" over time (the scenarios follow chronologically), and propose to the players that they follow the same historical process. It is something similar to the historic "Red Barricades" module of ASL (Avalon Hill).

It is very well like this, the truth is that the campaigns are not very good, also if you do not get the victory you can not continue. Much better correlative sceneries.

I'm finishing the second scenario, I get just the objectives but the Russians counterattack harshly. What damage do Russian mortars do! Very fun and exciting.

What brings me crazy are the LOS, I do not know if they are errors of the game or I just do not understand them, they shoot me from far away, traversing several structures, as it is not possible to three hexagons, I suppose that little by little I will understand.

One thing I notice in the original game is that Mortars are way too powerful I think it is the only case where 2 die are rolled and you get to pick the highest value for your attack. (Am I remembering this correctly).

(in reply to CHINCHIN)
Post #: 122
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/24/2019 12:00:22 AM   
Gerry4321

asl3d:

Is there a way to recognize the tall buildings on your maps, without mousing over the hex?

Thanks,

Gerry

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 123
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/24/2019 6:14:06 PM   
asl3d

quote:

I'm playing them in the order they appear in the menu, “Barrikady Bread Factory”. But yes, that's it, "level 3". Thank you.

Is there a list with the correct order of the scenarios?

The chronological order of the scenarios matches the order of publication of each scenario.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4374224

(Last) "Barrikady Graniti," for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of January 24, 2019
"Barrikady Commissar," for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of January 18, 2019
"Barrikady Tanks," for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of January 12, 2019
"Barrikady Volga," for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of January 6, 2019
"Barrikady Arbatovskaya," for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of December 18, 2018
"Barrikady Bread Factory," for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of December 18, 2018
"Barrikady Mashinnya," for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of December 8, 2018
"Barrikady Factory," for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of November 29, 2018
"Barrikady South," for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of November 12, 2018
"Barrikady North," for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of November 09, 2018
"Barrikady Yanvarya," for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of October 30, 2018
"Barrikady Stalinaya," for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of October 20, 2018
"Barrikady Tsaritsa," for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of October 12, 2018
"Barrikady Skulpturny," for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of October 03, 2018
"Barrikady Sormosk," for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of September 21, 2018
"Barrikady Tramvanaya," for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of September 9, 2018
(First) "Barrikady West," for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of August 29, 2018

In the game, in the initial description of each scenario, the historical date also appears (see attached image)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by asl3d -- 1/24/2019 6:15:20 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to CHINCHIN)
Post #: 124
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/24/2019 6:28:53 PM   
asl3d

quote:

The unit "Soviet Naval Infantry Scout" moves 4 shake. It's a bug?

Yes, it is correct, although, perhaps, it is not reasonable ...

The criterion I have followed is to consider the Soviet Naval Infantry as elite units (they really were), and within them, their scouts as special units.
Also elite units were the SS of Germany and the US Marines. Their Scouts were also special units and selected.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to CHINCHIN)
Post #: 125
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/24/2019 6:39:24 PM   
asl3d

quote:

The silhouettes, and in my MOD the counters, of the USA_SW with two states, are wrong.

I just checked the file "HaL_USA_SW_Sheet-01" and it is correct (attached image).

Perhaps, when you have made the change of the silhouettes by the counters, you have involuntarily changed the location of the graphics in the file.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to CHINCHIN)
Post #: 126
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/24/2019 6:59:12 PM   
CHINCHIN

Sorry, I checked it in your mod, but obviously I did not see it good.

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 127
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/24/2019 7:15:23 PM   
asl3d

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gerry4321

asl3d:

Is there a way to recognize the tall buildings on your maps, without mousing over the hex?

Thanks,

Gerry

Hello Gerry,

This is a complicated issue.

When I was making the first historical module, Carentan, I understood that there were two decisions to be made about the buildings.

The first decision was how to make buildings of more than one height level (in the Tutorial of Heroes and Leaders mod the solution adopted is explained).

The second decision was how to represent and distinguish onboard wooden buildings and stone buildings, as well as buildings of only one level of height, those of two levels of height (level 1.5 in SL/ASL), and those of three levels of height (level 2 in SL/ASL).

For those players who come from SL/ASL, they know that the wooden buildings there are brown and the stone buildings (brick, concrete, stone, etc.) are gray. Regarding the height levels, and as a general rule (there are exceptions) the buildings of 1 hex have 1 level of height, the buildings of 2 hexes have 1.5 levels of height (1 interior floor of level 1), and the buildings of 2 or more hexes have 2.5 levels of height (1 interior floor of level 1, and another interior floor of level 2).

First problem: the medium levels of height can not be represented in Heroes de Stalingrad (HoS). The solution is to consider that there are buildings of level 1, 2, 3, etc. (without taking into account the half levels, which is a concept that comes from the height of the hedges and walls in SL/ASL, which are of medium height level).

Second problem: to condemn the buildings to only 2 colors is very simple. In reality, each building has its color. In addition, the computer allows to separate the graphic aspect of the board and its topographic properties. This is a breakthrough. It means that you can change the height of each board from one scenario to another without touching the graphic map (only the topographic properties).

This is good and bad. It is good because it leaves a lot of freedom for the scenario designer, but it is bad because it is not evident (it can not be) to distinguish buildings of different heights, beyond their shadow projected on land, and it is not safe.

What to do?. I could not think of anything brilliant, so I finally decided not to do anything.

In other words. A Squad Leader has to observe well the battlefield where his men are going to fight. An error can be the difference between losing your men or getting them out of there alive. You have to look carefully at the terrain and see the opportunities it offers you.

It is a concept similar to silhouettes. You have to make an effort to manage your troops. No one said that this was easy, soldier.

Semper fidelis

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 128
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/24/2019 7:21:55 PM   
asl3d

quote:

Sorry, I checked it in your mod, but obviously I did not see it good.

Don't worry

Semper fidelis

(in reply to CHINCHIN)
Post #: 129
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/25/2019 5:36:16 PM   
asl3d

Second information panel for Barrikady Kindergarten scenario

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 130
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/26/2019 5:52:59 PM   
asl3d

Fourth information panel for Barrikady Kindergarten scenario

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 131
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/28/2019 5:57:43 PM   
asl3d

Eighth information panel for Barrikady Kindergarten scenario

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 132
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/29/2019 5:37:50 PM   
asl3d

Tenth information panel for Barrikady Kindergarten scenario

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 133
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/30/2019 7:59:44 PM   
CHINCHIN

Hello ASLd3,

I am playing your scenarios chronologically, very funny. Once in a while an error occurs and it expels me from the game, I go back in and continue without problems.

But in this scenario every time I am shot with the AT rifle the error occurs. Because it can be? Can I repair it?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 134
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/30/2019 8:01:11 PM   
CHINCHIN

This is the error

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CHINCHIN)
Post #: 135
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/30/2019 8:26:15 PM   
asl3d

quote:

Hello ASLd3,

I am playing your scenarios chronologically, very funny. Once in a while an error occurs and it expels me from the game, I go back in and continue without problems.

But in this scenario every time I am shot with the AT rifle the error occurs. Because it can be? Can I repair it?

Hello Chinchin,

I can not give you an explanation. During the testing phase of all scenarios I have not suffered this problem (AT vs. Vehicle).

I have found on some occasions (not always), during a Close Combat (CC), that when the AI starts the CC, the program enters the Rally algorithm of the units. Logically there are no units that Rally in the Melee and the program breaks. The solution, in these cases, is that my units initiate the CC before the IA does it. In this case everything works correctly. I have tried to find an explanation over el CC but I have not got anywhere.

These small failures show that the program and its algorithms are not fully refined. But it's no so bad.

Regarding your problem, without having a plausible explanation, it only occurs to me that you save the scenario periodically, so that you can restart the game at the point where you saved it. It's not a great solution, but I do not have any more solutions.

Semper fidelis

(in reply to CHINCHIN)
Post #: 136
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/30/2019 8:45:42 PM   
asl3d

quote:

This is the error

Hello Chinchin again,

I just verified the characteristics of the Soviet AT rifle (file "Units.CVS"). I have not detected any obvious error. Actually, if I remember correctly, I copied its characteristics from the original game.

However, I have seen that the column of the FP, in the case of the Soviet rifle has "*", while in the case of the Panzerfaust PzF 30/60 it has a FP = 1.

I propose that you try to change the FP of the Soviet rifle from "*" to "1" or "0", or also "(blank space)".

Maybe this is the solution. If it works for you, I will change the original file.

Thank you.

Semper fidelis

(in reply to CHINCHIN)
Post #: 137
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/30/2019 8:57:03 PM   
CHINCHIN

Yes, I usually save it. Pass to advance with the tank and the next turn did not happen, I was able to continue.

Thank you.

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 138
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/30/2019 9:00:00 PM   
asl3d

quote:

Yes, I usually save it. Pass to advance with the tank and the next turn did not happen, I was able to continue.

Thank you.

OK.

Do the test that I have proposed above. It may work.

Semper fidelis

(in reply to CHINCHIN)
Post #: 139
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/30/2019 11:28:14 PM   
Gerry4321

Hello Julio:
Had a few crashes when playing Barrikady Factory. It may have been like you said, that the AI entered the Rally routine during CC. It crashed, I started again, and the same thing kept happening in the same hex (with the same die rolls - die rolls do not seem random?).
So finally I restarted and went to another hex first and then I could go on.

(there is no withdraw from Melee that require morale checks in HoS is there? If there was then maybe the broken units were trying to withdraw.)

Gerry

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 140
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 1/31/2019 5:31:05 PM   
asl3d

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gerry4321

Hello Julio:
Had a few crashes when playing Barrikady Factory. It may have been like you said, that the AI entered the Rally routine during CC. It crashed, I started again, and the same thing kept happening in the same hex (with the same die rolls - die rolls do not seem random?).
So finally I restarted and went to another hex first and then I could go on.

(there is no withdraw from Melee that require morale checks in HoS is there? If there was then maybe the broken units were trying to withdraw.)

Gerry

Same die roll:

Yes, the "random" die roll is something "suspicious."

Withdraw from Melee:

The rules says that "units that wish to withdraw must pass to Morale Check; Leadership modifiers apply. Failure to pass this MC incurs no penalty but they must immediately fight a Melee round. Units that pass the MC can exit the hex, paying appropriate MP costs. If a player withdraws all the units from the hex, the Melee marker is removed and the remaining enemy units are eligible to Opportunity Fire on the withdrawing units. Note that a player may leave a unit behind as a rearguard to prevent this from occurring" (LocknLoadmanualEBOOK, 9.1, page 60).

This rule is very similar to ASL (or maybe the same), so it is not possible to withdraw from a melee without passing an MC. I have tried several times with disastrous results. Now I try to reinforce the melee and attack again. That is, if I am on the attack, I act accordingly. If I am on the defensive, then I am lost.

I do not remember well but I think there are no broken units in a melee. Broken units are automatically eliminated.

< Message edited by asl3d -- 1/31/2019 5:34:12 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 141
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 2/1/2019 5:18:23 PM   
asl3d

Fourth information panel for Barrikady Ludnikov scenario

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 142
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 2/2/2019 5:32:46 PM   
asl3d

Sixth information panel for Barrikady Ludnikov scenario

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 143
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 2/12/2019 8:26:13 AM   
CHINCHIN

Hello Asl3d!
Thanks for the information you provide, it is very interesting. You are a great expert of the Second World War.

What is the difference between a Spotter unit and a Scout unit?

I already played 16 stages with the German side of Barrikady, the vast majority difficult, exciting, and very funny. Some very easy for Germany, like the "Barrikady Volga", the Russian forces on ships do not disembark, they remain still the whole game. Play with the Russian side and much more fun, although I did not get the victory.

Can new skill cards be modified or added? What file manages this?

Thanks again for your great work, it's wonderful.

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 144
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 2/12/2019 6:24:33 PM   
asl3d

Thank you very much for your kind words, Chinchin.

Difference between a Spotter unit and a Scout unit?

The new unit, the Spotter, has its origin in the Thread of a friend of this same forum (post # 9 onwards):

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4569970

In his post he said that "I think the problem is the Leader activation requirement, Leaders are just too valuable to be bothered, Let the on-board Mortars IF if * anyone * spots the target," and I think he's right.

In Heroes of Stalingrad, the only units that can direct the indirect fire of the onboard artillery and OBA are the Leaders and the Scouts.

Leaders are too valuable to spend their activity in the direction of indirect shooting. In addition, its bonus does not affect the accuracy and efficiency of the attack. I think that many players, among whom I find myself, prefer to dedicate their Leaders in directing their men and rally them.

Something similar can be said about the Scouts. Also, in a defensive position it is not very logical to use Scouts on the battlefield.

So, Spotters are born with an almost unique function in the game, which is to direct the indirect fire of their artillery. You could say that they are more Teams than infantry units, but the most important thing is that they release the Leaders and the Scouts (if any) of this work. Their cost is low, so they do not significantly influence the balance of the game.

German side of Barrikady:

Remember that many scenarios of Barrikady are balanced in favor of one of the sides to make the game more balanced in favor of the AI.

In the case of "Barrikady Volga" it is recommended to play with the Soviet side (in the start menu of the scenario).

If you play with the German side, the poor Soviets have no chance to win. But if you are the Soviet commander, you have to fight with precision if you want to comply with the orders of the Army General Staff. It's not easy, but you can win too.

Can new skill cards be modified or added? What file manages this?

I have not been able to find the Skill Cards file. However, I have not tried hard to investigate either. In my opinion, the Skill Cards affect the balance of the game too much. I guess this is one of the reasons why the designers of the original game limit the number of heroes to two units.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to CHINCHIN)
Post #: 145
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 2/14/2019 5:26:23 PM   
asl3d

Elevated railways:

Usually, railroads typically have a very gentle gradient, gentle enough not to affect line of sight along them. Nonetheless, Elevated Railroads do change elevation, especially in relation to the other terrain around them

The elevated railroads are located in hexsides.

Elevated railroads are located on a small portion of level 1 hill. That is, elevated railroads are an obstacle of level 1 to the LOS.

Elevated railways provide protection similar to stone walls (TEM +1).

Crossing a hexside elevated railway costs 2 MF to infantry; to full tracked vehicles cost 4 MP; to Half-tracks cost 8 MP; and it is prohibited for vehicles with only wheels.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 146
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 2/15/2019 2:45:43 AM   
Gerry4321

Lovely maps as usual!

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 147
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 2/20/2019 5:50:14 PM   
asl3d

Typically, the area around an Elevated Railroad Bridge is more built up, with much less room for maneuver, than a similar area involving a road that crosses a stream or gully on a bridge. A vehicle would have a much tougher time moving from up on an elevated railroad to under the bridge (and vice versa) than it would moving from on a road into the gully (or stream) under the bridge (and vice versa).
A Railroad Bridge may also cross a depression hex (e.g., gully, stream, canal, river), in which case the depression terrain continues to exist as a separate Location beneath the Railroad Bridge. The Railroad Bridge crosses the depression on a stone bridge which extends to the hexsides of the two adjoining hexesides, while the depression encompasses the entire Location below.

a) A railroad bridge it's not be at the base Level of the adjacent hexes (i.e., not at the same level as the railroad bridge), but rather would be considered to be at the level that the railroad bridge hexside itself rises or falls from.

b) A railroad bridge is not a location by itself, since it is located along a hexside (like the railway line that supports it).

c) For the effects on the terrain and also of the game, a railway bridge has no effect on the game.

d) There is no additional cost for crossing a railway bridge hexside.

e) A railway bridge also does not affect the LOS drawn at any level.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 148
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 2/26/2019 5:38:50 PM   
asl3d

NARROW STREET

Many European villages and hamlets had very narrow streets, with buildings very close to the roads that cross them. Such streets were notorious for restricting the maneuverability of even average sized vehicles. They also reduced visibility, due to the LOS block of the buildings themselves.

A Narrow Street can be paved or unpaved.
A Narrow Street hex is a road hex for all purposes.
A Narrow Street hex is a road hex with certain building obstacles inside it, similar to road hexes with trees.
Building obstacles can be Level 1 (Narrow Street Level 1) or Level 2 (Narrow Street Level 2).
Building obstacles within a Narrow Street hex block the LOS to level 1 or 2, depending on its nature (Narrow Street Level 1 or 2).
Vehicles have to spend more MP to move through a Narrow Street hex.
A hex of Narrow Street prevent Mortar attack.
A Narrow Street hex allows the Partisan cheap move.
The units are located on the Narrow Street road, and not within the buildings that extend into the Narrow Street hex.

In the image, hexes R6, Q7, and Q8 are Narrow Street. The LOS from Q6 hex to Q8 hex is blocked by the building that "invades" the street in Q7 hex. Similarly, the LOS from R6 hex to Q8 hex would also be blocked by the brown building of Q7 hex.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by asl3d -- 2/27/2019 5:40:07 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 149
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 2/28/2019 7:13:11 PM   
Firebri

Has this mod been made self extracting yet ?

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI