Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 2/23/2020 8:33:56 PM   
asl3d

MUDDY ROAD

A Muddy Road hex is a dirt road hex that has been converted, at least in part, to muddy ground. In Russia it represents the effect of the Rasputitsa, which is a Russian language term for two periods of the year (or "seasons") when travel on unpaved roads or across country becomes difficult, owing to muddy conditions from rain or thawing snow. The word "rasputitsa" is also used to refer to the condition of roads during both periods. The term is applied to muddy road conditions in Belarus, Russia and Ukraine, which are caused by the poor drainage of underlying clay-laden soils found in the region. On the Eastern Front during the Second World War, the months-long muddy period slowed down the German advance during the Battle of Moscow (October 1941 to January 1942) and may have helped save the Soviet capital from German occupation. The advent of motorised warfare had the disadvantage that while tanks could operate effectively in summer or in winter, they proved less useful in spring and autumn, when the functioning of an efficient railway system really came into its own.

Paved roads hexes cannot be Muddy Roads hexes.

A Muddy Road hex may not be created during the play.

Muddy Roads are not obstacles or Hindrances to LOS, although other terrain in a Muddy Road hex may be.

A Muddy Road hex devoid of other terrain features is considered Open Ground for all purposes except movement across the Muddy Road hexside.

The other terrain in a Muddy Road hex determines any TEM of that hex.

Infantry and all Vehicles may cross any Muddy Road hexside at a cost of one MF (two MF if move is to higher elevation).

Vehicles with only wheels spend 1MF to enter a Muddy Road hex.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by asl3d -- 2/23/2020 9:10:23 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to ctcharger)
Post #: 241
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 2/23/2020 8:48:47 PM   
asl3d

quote:

ORIGINAL: ctcharger

Wow! This is great work! Is there a way to retain the counter graphics or somehow make the units easier to see? They blend in so well, I have trouble seeing them at times.

Thank you very much for your kind words, "ctcharger."

As I usually say to friends who participate for the first time in this forum, "welcome to the ruins of Stalingrad!"

About your comment, the idea is that the units in "silhouette" format be integrated as best as possible in the graphic environment of the scenario board. However, I agree with you that sometimes the units are confused "too well" with the background. There're many friends in this forum who think like you.

Fortunately, we have a friend (his nickname is CHINCHIN) who has developed the units we are using in Heroes and Leades mod in "traditional" format (classic cardboard counters look), just like the original Heroes of Staligrad format.

You can find them in:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4583494

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by asl3d -- 2/23/2020 9:16:29 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to ctcharger)
Post #: 242
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 5/1/2020 10:35:04 PM   
CHINCHIN

Hi Asl3d,

The scenario "GD Rostov on Don II" has no victory hexes. It's a error?

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 243
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 5/2/2020 10:58:14 AM   
demyansk

1 - Make a new installation of Lock'n Load Heroes of Stalingrad in the folder "C:\Matrix Games\"

Hi
,,,,,,,, the make a new installation folder do you make a second version of the game in another folder? I am a little confused. Just have the game installed and work through that folder system?

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 244
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 5/2/2020 7:30:19 PM   
asl3d

quote:

ORIGINAL: CHINCHIN

Hi Asl3d,

The scenario "GD Rostov on Don II" has no victory hexes. It's a error?

Hi Chinchin,

Yes, there's an error in the Rostov on Don II scenario.

The Victory Conditions aren't well defined. This scenario is a little bit special. The winner isn't the side that manages to conquer the Hexes of Victory, as it happens in many scenarios published so far. Here, the winner is the side that kills all enemy units and, to make it more difficult, it is recommended that the human player be the commander of the Soviet side.

I have corrected the scenario file and it's available, as always, in the Post #1 of the Scenarios Thread.

Thank you very much Chinchin, once again, for your valuable help.

Best regards.

Semper fidelis

(in reply to CHINCHIN)
Post #: 245
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 5/2/2020 7:57:13 PM   
asl3d

quote:

ORIGINAL: demyansk

1 - Make a new installation of Lock'n Load Heroes of Stalingrad in the folder "C:\Matrix Games\"

Hi
,,,,,,,, the make a new installation folder do you make a second version of the game in another folder? I am a little confused. Just have the game installed and work through that folder system?

Hello demyansk,

I will tell you what you have to do.

1) Make a copy of the entire "Heroes of Stalingrad" folder that you have in "C: \ Matrix Games \". You can copy it where you prefer. By doing this you will always have the original game "Heroes of Stalingrad" safe.

2) Once you have completed step 1), you can now make all the required changes in the "Heroes of Stalingrad" folder that you still have in "C: \ Matrix Games \", with the certainty that if, for example, you make any mistakes, you have the original of the game safe.

3) Now you can proceed to install "Heroes and Leaders mod", copying the files and folders of the "mod" and following the instructions of the "readme" file.

4) Remember that "Heroes and Leaders mod" uses the original address "C: \ Matrix Games \". For this reason I have recommended that you make a backup copy of the original game in another folder that you prefer.

5) I also recommend that you download the documents that are available in the Thread "Heroes and Leaders mod Documents". There you will find a Tutorial that explains the additional rules to those of the original game. You will also find the descriptions of all the scenarios that are downloaded with the Core of "Heroes and Leaders mod", and other quite useful documents.

By the way, as I usually say to new friends who participate in this forum, "welcome to the ruins of Stalingrad."

Regards,

Semper fidelis

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 246
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 5/14/2020 8:35:18 PM   
asl3d

To Be Continued ...

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 247
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 5/29/2020 11:18:22 PM   
MattFL

Hi, ASL3D!

Great mod! Quick question though - is there anyway to get all of these scenarios to be able to be played in multiplayer (i.e. is there a file or something that can be configured to make them available in the multiplayer lobby?). Just wondering as you obviously have extensive experience modding this game. I was trying to figure out exactly what makes a scenario multi player by sifting through the original install and i can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 248
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 5/30/2020 5:59:47 AM   
CHINCHIN

Hi MattFL!

When you create the scenario with the editor, there is a parameter that allows you to play MP. If Asld3 doesn't activate it, it can't be played, unless you modify the scenario.

In Heroes of the WWII mod all scenarios are MP, because I have enabled it.

< Message edited by CHINCHIN -- 5/30/2020 6:33:28 AM >

(in reply to MattFL)
Post #: 249
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 5/30/2020 8:14:02 PM   
MattFL

Thanks ChinChin, this is great, exactly what i've been looking for.

Sounds like with the HEROES AND LEADERS scenarios i could just open them in the editor, enable multiplayer, and save them? If so, i'll get around to that if i can ever get the damn counters working!

But at least in the meantime we have 20'ish scenarios to play multiplayer using the Heroes of WWII mod, so that's great!

(in reply to CHINCHIN)
Post #: 250
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 5/31/2020 7:47:27 PM   
CHINCHIN

Excuse me!! I've checked it and it's my fault, the Units.csv file is wrong.

Tomorrow I release version 8 with everything ok. Sorry

(in reply to MattFL)
Post #: 251
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 6/1/2020 7:05:21 PM   
asl3d

quote:

ORIGINAL: CHINCHIN

Hi MattFL!

When you create the scenario with the editor, there is a parameter that allows you to play MP. If Asld3 doesn't activate it, it can't be played, unless you modify the scenario.

In Heroes of the WWII mod all scenarios are MP, because I have enabled it.

Hi CHICHIN and MattFL,

CHINCHIN thank you very much for the information. I didn't know that activating the multiplayer option was possible.

The steps I'm going to follow to activate the multiplayer option are:

1 / The new Partizani and Großdeutschland scenarios will already include the multiplayer option.

2 / Soon, all the scenarios already published for Partizani and Großdeutschland, will be modified including the multiplayer option.

3 / Later, the rest of all the scenarios that are contained in the Core of Heroes and Leaders mod will also be modified to include the multiplayer option.

Thank you very much Chinchin for your help.

MattFL, by the way, as I usually say to new friends who participate in this forum, "welcome to the ruins of Stalingrad."

< Message edited by asl3d -- 6/1/2020 7:07:39 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to CHINCHIN)
Post #: 252
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 6/26/2020 5:24:17 PM   
asl3d

Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland: Order of Battle 1

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 253
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 6/27/2020 8:06:39 PM   
asl3d

Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland: Order of Battle 2

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by asl3d -- 6/27/2020 8:07:03 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 254
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 6/28/2020 5:41:15 PM   
asl3d

Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland: Order of Battle 3

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by asl3d -- 6/28/2020 5:42:02 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 255
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 6/29/2020 5:29:11 PM   
asl3d

Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland: Order of Battle 4

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 256
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 6/30/2020 6:44:01 PM   
asl3d

Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland: Order of Battle 5

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 257
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 7/1/2020 6:04:24 PM   
asl3d

Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland: Order of Battle 6

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 258
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 7/2/2020 8:19:42 PM   
asl3d

Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland: Order of Battle 7

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 259
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 7/3/2020 6:01:03 PM   
asl3d

H&L Soviet Spotters

Up to the beginning of the war in 1941, the training of the Russian artillery was undoubtedly conducted on the basis of the "Field Service Regulation for the Red Army," which contained a number of items from the former German Army Manual No. 300 entitled "Operations," on the basis of the field manual, and of the firing manual of the Russian artillery. Even the very first engagements showed that these manuals, which were sound, had not yet been fully assimilated by the Russian artillery. Occasionally the Russians added artillery fire to the fire of their mortars when shelling combat installations on the German main line of resistance and the German battle positions. This coordinated fire apparently was designed to facilitate the capture of German prisoners for the Russian intelligence service, especially since the enemy had been notably stepping up his reconnaissance activity in the air and on the ground since the end of June. In this combination of mortar and artillery fire one and the same artillery observer most likely directed first the 80-mm mortars and then the 75-mm cannons, or 120-mm mortars and 122-mm howitzers, or even mortars and guns in an inverse ratio to their calibers. It was rarely possible to locate Russian observation posts, and even if they wore located it was still very difficult to neutralize them. The sound-ranging batteries, as rule, were unable to detect the 80- and 120-mm mortars, since the sounds which their muzzle waves produced were rather low. At that time there we're no infantry sound-ranging detachments with equipment particularly adapted to these circumstances. The Russian batteries, were situated so far to the rear of the Russian main line of resistance that although they were able to hit the German battle position with long-range fire, they could not, in turn, be reached by the German artillery from normal firing positions. On the other hand, when the Germans were attacking, the Russian artillery was always in a position to support its infantry by shelling any assembling German forces which had been identified and by firing a barrage in front of the Russian main line of resistance and shelling any German penetrations into the Russian battle position. When the Russians conduct a defense with weak artillery, especially on the broad front, mortars of the infantry and elements of heavy machine gun units are attached to the divisional artillery in addition to the heavy mortar battalions which are regularly assigned to the artillery. In these arduous war years, the Russian artillery became a dangerous opponent whose powers cannot be rated too highly. To an extent which at first seemed inconceivable, it learned from its bitter experience during the summer and fall campaign of 1941 and it pointed to appropriate conclusions. The divisional artillery, consisting of artillery battalions of various calibers, is in the habit of engaging in observed fire for the direct support of the infantry, while the artillery battalions of the GHQ artillery, which are uniform in caliber, are inclined — no matter whether they are parts of GHQ artillery regiments, brigades, or even divisions — to undertake unobserved fire and fire with the aid of sound-ranging, flash ranging, balloon and aircraft observation, and radio direction finding, and to engage in concentrations aid rolling barrages.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 260
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 7/22/2020 5:49:05 PM   
asl3d

STREAM FORD

A ford represents an area within a stream or gully hex where the Depression's sides have a gentler slope and the streambed itself is level and lies near the surface, but the ford is still at the same elevation as that stream hex, and is treated as a stream/gully hex except as amended below.
A ford stream is still at the same elevation as the stream hex.
One stream ford hexside is open terrain for LOS purposes.
A stream ford hexside is not a hindrance or an obstacle to same-level LOS and not causes a degradation effect for every stream ford hexside between same-level targeted and firing hexes.
A stream ford hexside has no TEM for fire traced across it.
The Infantry/Cavalry can cross a hexside of stream ford with a cost of 2 MF.
It cost 1 MP for fulltracked vehicles to cross a hexside of stream ford.
It cost 3 MP for halftracked vehicles to cross a hexside of stream ford.
It cost 6 MP for vehicles with only wheels to cross a hexside of stream ford.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 261
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 7/23/2020 8:09:28 PM   
asl3d

TRAIN BRIDGE

Unlike a railroad bridge, a train bridge is considered wide enough to allow all ground units to transit.
A train bridge is considered as a normal road bridge except what is said below.
A train bridge is a location by itself, since it is located in a hex (unlike the hexside of railway line).
A train bridge hex is a hindrance to same-level LOS and causes a degradation effect for every train bridge hex between same-level targeted and firing hexes.
A train bridge hex has a TEM +1 for fire traced into it.
The Infantry/Cavalry can enter a train bridge hex with a cost of 2 MF.
It cost 2 MP for fulltracked vehicles to enter a train bridge hex.
It cost 4 MP for halftracked vehicles to enter a train bridge hex.
It cost 8 MP for vehicles with only wheels to enter a train bridge hex.
No Fortifications are allowed in a train bridge hex.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 262
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 9/7/2020 5:50:48 PM   
asl3d

Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Order of Battle 1944_1

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 263
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 9/8/2020 6:25:34 PM   
asl3d

Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Order of Battle 1944_2

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 264
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 9/9/2020 6:23:11 PM   
asl3d

Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Order of Battle 1944_3

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 265
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 9/10/2020 6:15:28 PM   
asl3d

Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Order of Battle 1944_4

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 266
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 9/11/2020 7:02:38 PM   
asl3d

Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Order of Battle 1944_5

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 267
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 9/12/2020 6:35:35 PM   
asl3d

Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Order of Battle 1944_6

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 268
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 9/13/2020 7:33:49 PM   
asl3d

Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Order of Battle 1944_7

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 269
RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod - 10/15/2020 10:13:16 PM   
asl3d

Japan Imperial Army

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Core of Heroes and Leaders mod Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI