Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem with mods that affect landscapes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Problem with mods that affect landscapes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with mods that affect landscapes - 10/24/2017 7:45:59 PM   
OrnluWolfjarl

When I add more images in the landscape folder (correct format, naming and resolution), only a handful of them appear in the game, and only a handful of them are available to be selected through the game editor. Can someone help me resolve this?

I'm adding the images in the correct path in the Customization folder, and not directly to the original game folder.

These aren't my images. I'm taking them from a variety of mods, like GEM and Astradeus Landscapes.
Post #: 1
RE: Problem with mods that affect landscapes - 1/6/2018 5:58:22 AM   
ZG264

Sadly there is a hard limit on the number of pictures that the game can use. You can only change the default number per landscape type (e.g. for 'continental' type the game can use just 4, numbered 'landscape_0' to 'landscape_3' etc), and adding more will not have them appear in game. Each type has that default limit, so you can only have the exact same number as the default game uses.

(in reply to OrnluWolfjarl)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Problem with mods that affect landscapes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI