Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: (Newbie?) Supply woes in USSR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: (Newbie?) Supply woes in USSR Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: (Newbie?) Supply woes in USSR - 11/17/2017 5:45:45 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: OxfordGuy3

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

And, I am sure that you saw it, but I think it is worth repeating:

I would rather see the HQ that is the chain-ee have its Supply Level read as 8[8], 7[8], 6[8], 5[8], 4[8], 3[8], 2[5], 1[5], 0[5] as it gets further from the chain-er. This would make it easier for me to tell what is going on. As it is now, there are often many HQ's that display 5[8] and it is completely unclear what is going on.

When it remains at 5[8] the whole time it makes for a lot of counting hexes while playing.

I never see my chainee HQs going more than 4[8], assuming no more than 4 supply from another source

I would guess that they are not linked then as by default if they are linked they should jump to 5[8].

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 31
RE: (Newbie?) Supply woes in USSR - 11/17/2017 5:47:22 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

And, I am sure that you saw it, but I think it is worth repeating:

I would rather see the HQ that is the chain-ee have its Supply Level read as 8[8], 7[8], 6[8], 5[8], 4[8], 3[8], 2[5], 1[5], 0[5] as it gets further from the chain-er. This would make it easier for me to tell what is going on. As it is now, there are often many HQ's that display 5[8] and it is completely unclear what is going on.

When it remains at 5[8] the whole time it makes for a lot of counting hexes while playing.

I see what you are after and I'll have to have a think about this as I agree the whole thing could be clearer including who is linked to who and who is the parent in the relationship as well.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 32
RE: (Newbie?) Supply woes in USSR - 11/17/2017 11:14:06 PM   
sPzAbt653

Hubert, thanks so much for all of the explanations [and I have long wanted to make a tutorial thread for HQ Chains, but you can see why I don't!]. But but ... the 7.Army HQ, at the 2 spot ... shouldn't it be at 2[5] not 5[8] ? And at the 1 spot be at 1[5] not 5[8] ?

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: (Newbie?) Supply woes in USSR Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI