Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No pre-planned artillery strikes available?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> No pre-planned artillery strikes available? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No pre-planned artillery strikes available? - 5/29/2001 1:24:00 PM   
Jarkko

I was doing a scenario yesterday and found an interesting kind of problem. I could not assign preplanned artillery strikes to beginning of the battle, both sides have several FO units and large amount of off-map artillery, game just told that all those artillery units were off-contact. Is there something wrong either in: - preferences - is it not possible to order pre-planned artillery strike in some battle types - is this a bug or what... :confused: I spent two hours last night trying just about anything but couldn't get this working. The battle is Finnish delay vs Soviet advance and should start with a huge Soviet artillery preparation (I allso tried making it Finnish defence against Soviet attack but it didn't help either). I allso have some pre-planned artillery targets in the map if that helps determening the reason.

Post #: 1
- 5/29/2001 1:48:00 PM   
Peregrine Falcon

quote:

Originally posted by Jarkko: I was doing a scenario yesterday and found an interesting kind of problem. I could not assign preplanned artillery strikes to beginning of the battle, both sides have several FO units and large amount of off-map artillery, game just told that all those artillery units were off-contact. Is there something wrong either in: - preferences - is it not possible to order pre-planned artillery strike in some battle types - is this a bug or what... :confused: I spent two hours last night trying just about anything but couldn't get this working. The battle is Finnish delay vs Soviet advance and should start with a huge Soviet artillery preparation (I allso tried making it Finnish defence against Soviet attack but it didn't help either). I allso have some pre-planned artillery targets in the map if that helps determening the reason.
I noticed this too. Made a test battle in the editor (assault/defend), but all units (level bombers, artillery) were "Out of Contact" (if OB, or whatever unit was chosen to direct them) Really. Is there something I (us?) missed? :(

--Peregrine Falcon--

(in reply to Jarkko)
Post #: 2
- 5/29/2001 11:15:00 PM   
RockinHarry

Hi mates, don´t know what the cause of your Arty problem is, but I noticed some Arty units out of contact in deploy phase, if you edit a formerly saved game. (contact/Out of contact status is kept from savegame) No Arty contact in Deploy phase of scenario started from scrap, sounds strange indeed! :confused: __________ Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to Jarkko)
Post #: 3
- 5/29/2001 11:22:00 PM   
Jeff Norton

That, and, when you buy several batteries of Arty, about half do not show. I'm playing a German campaign and when I leave the buy screens and go setup, when I finnish to plot the opening stikes, about half of my arty does not show. Happened onew with air stikes. Also noticed that some of my mortars will not accept commands to plot stikes Do we have a bug???? -Jeff

-Jeff
Veritas Vos Liberabit
"Hate America - love their movies" -Foos Babaganoosh - Anchor - Jihad Tonite

(in reply to Jarkko)
Post #: 4
- 5/29/2001 11:38:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

There appears to be a bug in the fact that artillery can be out of contact in the predeployment phase...never seen arty units that are bouhgt not show up...did you "page down"? Send me a save...

(in reply to Jarkko)
Post #: 5
- 5/30/2001 12:18:00 AM   
Peregrine Falcon

Only unit that was available (had contact), was 3" Mortar (on-board) All other off-board stuff was "Out Of Contact" (grayed out)

--Peregrine Falcon--

(in reply to Jarkko)
Post #: 6
- 5/30/2001 1:33:00 AM   
Jasper

Same goes here. There seem to be a limit amount of artillery u can use. Maybe it is the limit post by the original game?? Some of my OB artillery isnt showing up but if u purchase field artillery, be sure to place them nearer to the front line, some of weapon has limited range. When I placed them nearer then can I hit target further. :p

(in reply to Jarkko)
Post #: 7
- 5/30/2001 1:31:00 PM   
Jarkko

quote:

Originally posted by Peregrine Falcon: Only unit that was available (had contact), was 3" Mortar (on-board) All other off-board stuff was "Out Of Contact" (grayed out)
Same thing here (81mm mortars work but nothing else can be ordered to shoot pre-planned artillery mission in beginning of scenario), it seems that for some reason only on-map artillery pieces work as they are supposed to. Could be a new bug (I certainly didn't never notice it in 4.5 or earlier versions). I had originally done the scenario with 4.5 and was modifying it with 5.01 when this problem become visible.

(in reply to Jarkko)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> No pre-planned artillery strikes available? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI