Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 1/23/2020 2:02:42 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: dasboot1960

I am pleased to report that I finally muddled though (mostly. I carefully went through the bottom-row buttons from right to left, green background returns started to pop up, and well, there it is. I am still not getting returns on the last three upper buttons (Group, LCU, and Ships info). Perhaps these take time to flesh out? I am playing IJ, one day turns, just finished my 12-11-41. I believe that there will be things here that will become more useful to me overtime. I kept archives from 12-8 on, but it is still a very small date range. Thank you for this, and I look forward to taking full advantage of it.

I have tracker on a separate laptop so I can view them while in game, with a maximized games screen. I bet I could multi-screen them, but due to complications with my flight sim on my PC, I need the laptop to do any flying. I guess its a carpenter's solution to a digital problem...

THANK YOU!

OK, I have to ask a couple of questions for clarifications. You wrote "I carefully went through the bottom-row buttons from right to left, green background returns started to pop up, and well, there it is." I don't understand what you mean by the phrase "green background returns", could you explain that?

With regard to this: "I am still not getting returns on the last three upper buttons (Group, LCU, and Ships info)." Those are static reports that show some of the data loaded from the scenario files (not from turn files). When you say "not getting returns", can you describe that a bit? Do you mean that when you click on those buttons nothing at all happens? Or something else?

To give you a little background, when you load the scenario files, the data which Intel Monkey uses is stored in Intel Monkey's database. That is what gets displayed in the three reports you mentioned (and with 'Aircraft Info' and 'Bases Info'). And since you are required to load the scenario data before Intel Monkey will even allow you to load any turns, all 5 of those 'Info' reports should be the first things to work, and they have the same data throughout the game. They are there so you can look up some scenario information, searching and sorting as you like. Those database records are also used to make parsing the turn reports more accurate, such as looking up if something really is a ship name, or an air group name, and so on.

(in reply to dasboot1960)
Post #: 121
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 1/23/2020 5:27:19 PM   
cantona2

May be a dumb question but where/what is witploadAE?

< Message edited by cantona2 -- 1/23/2020 5:49:59 PM >

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 122
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 1/23/2020 11:00:29 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: cantona2

May be a dumb question but where/what is witploadAE?

Look here for where. https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4372718

Read the Intel Monkey doc to see how you need witploadAE. https://sites.google.com/view/staffmonkeys/intel-monkey

Pardon me, but I've typed the same answer a bunch of times (including in email). Let me know if this does it for you.

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 123
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 1/24/2020 5:00:52 AM   
cantona2

Thanks

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 124
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 1/24/2020 5:58:43 PM   
dasboot1960

Thanks for following up!

1st - I went through 'configuration' and carefully browsed to the appropriate file locations to select them. I think I still may not have the correct location entered for the 'AE home' button because of the info button issues. Currently it points at 'C:\matirx games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition' which is where my game is, perhaps it should be looking at something more specific? When I go to database maintenance and click any of the 'check' buttons (except check ALL) It returns 'database meets current specs' on a green background. Seemed like a good thing to me.

2nd - as above the 'info' buttons each return 'no records to display'. I take that back. Aircraft info appears to display a full report. The others are still as above.

3rd - for my purposes at least, it seems I need these five buttons the least. Especially since I am also running Tracker. I do believe the monkey will begin to shine more as it's database grows. One day I must explore how to filter and sort...

Down like a CLOWN!

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 125
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 1/24/2020 6:41:54 PM   
witpqs

OK - a mixed bag based on what you report here. My comments in a different color so they stand out.
quote:

Thanks for following up!

1st - I went through 'configuration' and carefully browsed to the appropriate file locations to select them. I think I still may not have the correct location entered for the 'AE home' button because of the info button issues. Currently it points at 'C:\matirx games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition' which is where my game is, perhaps it should be looking at something more specific?This looks normal. People sometimes have multiple copies of AE installed to support multiple PBM's, but what you note here is IIRC the normal installation place. When I go to database maintenance and click any of the 'check' buttons (except check ALL) It returns 'database meets current specs' on a green background. Seemed like a good thing to me. That's good. If you are trying to solve this by re-loading the scenario files then use this menu to make all new database files.

2nd - as above the 'info' buttons each return 'no records to display'. I take that back. Aircraft info appears to display a full report. The others are still as above. Very strange. Are you sure the config item for the "SCEN' folder is really pointing to the correct place? How about the config item for "Scenario", does it really have the correct three-digit number? Is the config item for "witploadAE.exe" really pointing to the location of the correct version of witploadAE.exe? You should see something in each of the 5 'Info' reports. If you don't it means there is something wrong with the scenario files or they did not load correctly. Do you get any errors when you "Get Scenario Data"?

3rd - for my purposes at least, it seems I need these five buttons the least. Especially since I am also running Tracker. I do believe the monkey will begin to shine more as it's database grows. One day I must explore how to filter and sort...

At the moment Intel Monkey is not interfacing with Tracker. Also, because Intel Monkey reads the report files from the /archive sub-folder, you can always start from scratch with a new Intel Monkey database and load all the turns without missing anything (as long as you didn't delete any report files from /archive).

Post #: 126
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 1/24/2020 6:43:15 PM   
witpqs

Again, witploadAE.exe: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4372718

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 127
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 1/24/2020 8:18:33 PM   
RogerJNeilson

Hey WITPQS, if that colour is your idea of making it stand out.........

I am constantly amazed by how little credit this gets from players, it is brilliant.....

Roger

An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 128
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 1/24/2020 8:25:49 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: RogerJNeilson

Hey WITPQS, if that colour is your idea of making it stand out.........

I am constantly amazed by how little credit this gets from players, it is brilliant.....

Roger

You know, I've got my browser in Dark Mode. Let me try that again for those who are not Darth Vader fans!

quote:

OK - a mixed bag based on what you report here. My comments in a different color so they stand out.
quote:

Thanks for following up!

1st - I went through 'configuration' and carefully browsed to the appropriate file locations to select them. I think I still may not have the correct location entered for the 'AE home' button because of the info button issues. Currently it points at 'C:\matirx games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition' which is where my game is, perhaps it should be looking at something more specific? This looks normal. People sometimes have multiple copies of AE installed to support multiple PBM's, but what you note here is IIRC the normal installation place. When I go to database maintenance and click any of the 'check' buttons (except check ALL) It returns 'database meets current specs' on a green background. Seemed like a good thing to me. That's good. If you are trying to solve this by re-loading the scenario files then use this menu to make all new database files.

2nd - as above the 'info' buttons each return 'no records to display'. I take that back. Aircraft info appears to display a full report. The others are still as above. Very strange. Are you sure the config item for the "SCEN' folder is really pointing to the correct place? How about the config item for "Scenario", does it really have the correct three-digit number? Is the config item for "witploadAE.exe" really pointing to the location of the correct version of witploadAE.exe? You should see something in each of the 5 'Info' reports. If you don't it means there is something wrong with the scenario files or they did not load correctly. Do you get any errors when you "Get Scenario Data"?

At the moment Intel Monkey is not interfacing with Tracker. Also, because Intel Monkey reads the report files from the /archive sub-folder, you can always start from scratch with a new Intel Monkey database and load all the turns without missing anything (as long as you didn't delete any report files from /archive).

< Message edited by witpqs -- 1/24/2020 8:27:46 PM >

(in reply to RogerJNeilson)
Post #: 129
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 1/24/2020 8:28:36 PM   
witpqs

Thanks, Roger!

< Message edited by witpqs -- 1/24/2020 11:17:39 PM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 130
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 1/24/2020 9:00:02 PM   
dasboot1960

Thanks indeed Roger! That yellow was killing me!

Down like a CLOWN!

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 131
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 1/24/2020 11:19:04 PM   
witpqs

quote:

Thanks indeed Roger! That yellow was killing me!

Any time that happens on a web page or in a document, just use your mouse to select the text you are interested in (control-a to select all usually works too) and the selected text shows in a different color. Usually does the trick.

Post #: 132
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 4/14/2020 3:10:09 AM   
Treetop64

Went to download v1.0 Pre-b. Google says the file has been infected and blocked the DL.

< Message edited by Treetop64 -- 4/14/2020 3:13:22 AM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 133
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 4/14/2020 3:50:08 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treetop64

Went to download v1.0 Pre-b. Google says the file has been infected and blocked the DL.

It is not infected. False positive. You'll see some mentions about this farther up this thread. The last time it happened it worked for same person a day later.

I uploaded the installer file to Firefox Send. Here is the link:

https://send.firefox.com/download/c81e4bb9a7679330/#3b5Dp46V-WSMGYftaP0h9A

It will work for up to 20 downloads or 7 days, whichever comes first.

(in reply to Treetop64)
Post #: 134
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 4/14/2020 9:20:11 AM   
Sardaukar

My Avast is still blocking this, reason: Win32:Trojan-gen.

False positive probably, but not taking any risks...

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 135
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 4/14/2020 2:03:46 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Windows Defender has no problem with it.

Sorry, but your anti-virus, your decision. Best of luck.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 136
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 12/12/2020 8:06:11 AM   
RogerJNeilson

Hmmm, any idea why this may not be loading turns suddenly, or how to fix it?

Last turn loaded is 2 Aug, actually on the 7th now. Runs as if all is fine and no error reports but seems stuck on that day?

Roger

An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 137
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 12/12/2020 8:55:12 AM   
Ian R

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

That is a bit harsh. I've got avast, because windoze defender is not much chop, to be fair.

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 138
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 12/12/2020 1:14:14 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian R

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

That is a bit harsh. I've got avast, because windoze defender is not much chop, to be fair.

I don't mean it to be harsh. I have no control over that. The fact is that they are presuming issues just based on things like access to the clipboard (you know, cut and paste!) and similar things. Some simply have a policy of flagging anything with Python inside an executable.

I am looking into how to digitally sign my code which might alleviate the problem or other steps might be required, like uploading to various virus checkers. From what I've found so far the required digital cert will cost me at least US$80 per year.

I put the code into an executable for ease of installation and ease of use for people. I can provide it as plain Python code, but then you have to have (at least) the correct version of Python installed, etc. That's a lot more work for you than finding how to white-list (aka make an exception, etc.) in your anti-virus.

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 139
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 12/12/2020 2:17:03 PM   
Nomad

My Malwarebytes Premium blocks this, but I know how to add it to my allow list. You just have to find out how, it is not hard.
My biggest headache is that I have to add every instance to my allow list, no blanket allows.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 140
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 12/12/2020 2:26:41 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

My Malwarebytes Premium blocks this, but I know how to add it to my allow list. You just have to find out how, it is not hard.
My biggest headache is that I have to add every instance to my allow list, no blanket allows.

Next iteration I'll see about a single install directory/folder with specific config directories/folders per use (i.e. for different games).

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 141
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 12/12/2020 3:00:08 PM   
Nomad

It is not a big thing, takes about a minute to do, once you know how to do it.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 142
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 12/12/2020 10:40:41 PM   
clamel

I'm certain this is a great pgm to use, but the Moneky site Installerfile is stopped unless you're the owner of that website.
The firefox file doesn't exist anymore.

How difficult is it to put this program on a website that folks can download it from. Like mediafire.

Do hope one don't have to dig into the whole thread to find links. Would be nice you put them in the first post. (It even took a heck of time to find the DL link on that Monkey-site too. Simple is always the best. Not all of us are programmers.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 143
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 12/12/2020 11:21:49 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: clamel

I'm certain this is a great pgm to use, but the Moneky site Installerfile is stopped unless you're the owner of that website.
The firefox file doesn't exist anymore.

How difficult is it to put this program on a website that folks can download it from. Like mediafire.

Do hope one don't have to dig into the whole thread to find links. Would be nice you put them in the first post. (It even took a heck of time to find the DL link on that Monkey-site too. Simple is always the best. Not all of us are programmers.

A while back I was told that happened and then cleared up the next day.

I do plan to move off of Google Sites. Never heard of Mediafire, what do you know about it? Do you use it much?

Meanwhile here is a link to the installer file in my Google Drive. Let me know if it works for you, if not I'll post it another way.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12OH-ZcxhcV3vgopit5uLNf6laQtPJv_b/view?usp=sharing

(in reply to clamel)
Post #: 144
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 12/12/2020 11:34:15 PM   
Nomad

It wouldn't let me download. Said it violated terms of service.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 145
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 12/12/2020 11:38:14 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

It wouldn't let me download. Said it violated terms of service.

OK. I also just tried uploading encrypted .7z of same to there, same crap.

Looking at Mediafire now. Thanks.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 146
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 12/13/2020 12:57:50 AM   
witpqs

Try this link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1il1x30on6mxvn2/IntelMonkeyInstaller.exe/file

I made a new installer file with the latest version of the NSIS installer creator/maker.

Here is the SHA256 hash for the new installer file:
3e2494744533986309196db2c52b622766c89d591e283d917c0ab7a53fdb364d

The Intel Monkey executable (and everything else) inside the installer is exactly the same as before, so you will still likely need to enter an exception into your anti-virus because it is still not digitally signed, etc. Here is the SHA256 hash for the Intel Monkey executable:
1e81d2e54f206611f2f68690db38babdcdbbea0b6ea846a51880694a9ebb612e

On Windows 10, you can see the SHA256 calculation for a file by Shift-Right clicking on the file, then selecting "CRC SHA" then (from the drop down menu) "SHA-256". That is a way to help ensure the file you have is the same one I have, without alterations.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 147
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 12/13/2020 10:21:54 AM   
Sardaukar

Mediafire:

The file you attempted to download was determined to be dangerous. For your protection, MediaFire does not enable distribution of dangerous files.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 148
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 12/13/2020 10:25:14 AM   
Sardaukar

witpqs is breaking internet ;)

You could try Dropbox. But this is getting bit amusing.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 149
RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta - 12/13/2020 11:20:28 AM   
witpqs

Thank you. Hang on.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Intel Monkey 1.0 Pre-Beta Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI