Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios? - 11/17/2017 1:51:17 PM   
IslandInland

quote:

ORIGINAL: pochepiller

Manual are really obsolete, modern UI in game doesn't require them.

Try doing that with War In The West or War In The East. Whilst they have very user friendly UI and can be played without reading the manuals you wouldn't get very far in the games without immersing yourself in the manuals.

It's got nothing to do with 'modern UI' or what year it is. The fact is some (complex) wargames simply require the player to do at least some reading.

War In The East 2 Beta Tester and
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
XXXCorps

(in reply to pochepiller)
Post #: 31
RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios? - 11/17/2017 1:54:24 PM   
pochepiller

It got everything to do with modern UI, tooltip, automatic tutorial on your first scenario, special screen that pop up when you start the game for the first time etc.

I played WitW and WitE and without the manual I wasn't very good, but you know I started every scenario with ease.

(in reply to IslandInland)
Post #: 32
RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios? - 11/17/2017 1:57:09 PM   
IslandInland

OK, we will agree to disagree. I actually like reading manuals but I guess I'm old-school and in the minority these days.

XXXCorps

Post #: 33
RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios? - 11/17/2017 2:02:51 PM   
pochepiller

I do have fond memories of manual
https://farm9.static.flickr.com/8121/8683873843_a8f70e1128_b.jpg

< Message edited by pochepiller -- 11/17/2017 2:06:39 PM >

Post #: 34
RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios? - 11/17/2017 3:15:58 PM   
thewood1

I don't think, and am not saying, you have to read the manual from front to back before you play a game. But it is there as a reference. So a little self help is what the OP needs to do before accusing a long-standing company of stealing.

Post #: 35
RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios? - 11/17/2017 4:06:34 PM   
Sniper31

quote:

ORIGINAL: XXXCorps

OK, we will agree to disagree. I actually like reading manuals but I guess I'm old-school and in the minority these days.

You are not too alone...I enjoy reading the manuals as well, especially for wargames. I am that guy that reads the owners manual from front to back when he gets a new vehicle, and usually I have this done by day two of ownership. I am driven to know what all my vehicle can do, and the same is true in wargames. There are always details buried in the manual that really help enhance your ability to play a game better. If I wanted to play a game without a good manual, then I guess tic-tac-toe would suffice.

< Message edited by Sniper31 -- 11/17/2017 4:07:20 PM >

"I say again, expend ALL remaining in my perimeter!" - Platoon

"This is JB27, on target...fire for effect.." - Me

Post #: 36
RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios? - 11/17/2017 4:56:33 PM   
IslandInland

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sniper31

quote:

ORIGINAL: XXXCorps

There are always details buried in the manual that really help enhance your ability to play a game better. If I wanted to play a game without a good manual, then I guess tic-tac-toe would suffice.

+1. I agree and well said.

XXXCorps

(in reply to Sniper31)
Post #: 37
RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios? - 11/17/2017 5:07:46 PM   
VegasOZ

I am considering demanding a REFUND as well. My complaint is that there are TOO MANY SCENARIOS to choose from.

Am I supposed to make a decision on which of the OVERWHELMING LIST OF SCENARIOS to play without any assistance? How can I choose from over 200 choices? What does Matrix think we are... intelligent people?? We are gamers afterall...

At the very least a SUPPORT GROUP should be established for SCENARIO CHOICE TRAUMA SYNDROME.

It's long past time for game producers to step up and take some responsibility for the effects of their outstanding products...

LOL

Post #: 38
RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios? - 11/17/2017 5:18:10 PM   
JReb

quote:

ORIGINAL: VegasOZ

I am considering demanding a REFUND as well. My complaint is that there are TOO MANY SCENARIOS to choose from.

Am I supposed to make a decision on which of the OVERWHELMING LIST OF SCENARIOS to play without any assistance? How can I choose from over 200 choices? What does Matrix think we are... intelligent people?? We are gamers afterall...

At the very least a SUPPORT GROUP should be established for SCENARIO CHOICE TRAUMA SYNDROME.

It's long past time for game producers to step up and take some responsibility for the effects of their outstanding products...

LOL

I hate SCTS. That is why I let my cat walk across the keyboard and let her decide what scenario I play. LOL!

My shrink says I have anger management and conflict resolution issues....and I'LL FIGHT ANYBODY THAT DISAGREES!

(in reply to VegasOZ)
Post #: 39
RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios? - 11/17/2017 6:12:11 PM   
Redmarkus5

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tamas

Guys, I appreciate the support, and that you checked the manual to figure this one out. And having "I got robbed" plastered over the game's forum is indeed not the best of sights when it's for something like this.

But it is a fair point that one should not be required to check the manual to figure out how to browse all the scenarios. It's something that our many years with the game made us blind for during development, but we will look into how best to remedy it.

I would suggest you delete this thread as the OP is misleading. Some people might not read past the OP - particualry as reading anything longer than one sentence of 140 bytes is now beyond the skills of a large part of huanity.

(in reply to Tamas)
Post #: 40
RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios? - 11/17/2017 6:15:07 PM   
Redmarkus5

quote:

It got everything to do with modern UI, tooltip, automatic tutorial on your first scenario, special screen that pop up when you start the game for the first time etc.

I played WitW and WitE and without the manual I wasn't very good, but you know I started every scenario with ease.

But if you'd read the manual you might have eventally become very good :)

This game is playable without reading the manual - you can select units, move them, attack the enemy, etc. But you'll lose a lot of battles.

Post #: 41
RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios? - 11/17/2017 6:49:05 PM   
BigDuke66

quote:

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4
I would suggest you delete this thread as the OP is misleading. Some people might not read past the OP - particualry as reading anything longer than one sentence of 140 bytes is now beyond the skills of a large part of huanity.

I'll strongly support this request!

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 42
RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios? - 11/17/2017 6:53:38 PM   
Phoenix100

+1. Regardless of what people think of the game on a factual basis - what their opinions are - the title of the thread is just troll muck and either designed to harm the chances of people reading on, or so lacking in tact and any proper factual basis that you should delete it as a species of fake news. There have been several such threads today that have been simply based on fake views, because once corrected - many times over - the OPs have not returned to admit their errors. Suggesting the majority of the scenarios had no AI, for example. You should take an active view in deleting stuff which is factually inaccurate (lies) and put in a way which is agressive and offensive. I find all these aggressive lying posts offensive and I just bought the game today and I'm still deciding whether I actually like it. But I realise a few poeple put a lot of effort and care into it and the chances of it flourishing shouldn't be harmed by hate postings. Just my tuppence worth....

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 43
RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios? - 11/17/2017 6:57:25 PM   
aperfecturkel

There's solid conversation here, heated or no, so I don't think the thread should be trashed - but the title could at least be changed to remove "I got robbed," because that's based entirely on what turned out to be an outright misunderstanding.

< Message edited by aperfecturkel -- 11/17/2017 7:22:05 PM >

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 44
RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios? - 11/17/2017 7:03:09 PM   
zakblood

zee next one to take zee wee wee, will be put up against zee wall and shot

(in reply to aperfecturkel)
Post #: 45
Re: Where do I find the Scenarios? - 11/17/2017 7:04:01 PM   
Erik Rutins

Thread title updated, misleading post about no AI removed.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 46
RE: Re: Where do I find the Scenarios? - 11/17/2017 8:26:44 PM   
gbaby

That is much better.

But I still feel robbed! TOAW IV and its staff is robbing me of all my war gaming hours! I demand a refund for the future years it will suck up in war gaming ecstasy!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 47
RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios? - 11/17/2017 9:00:04 PM   
Meyer1

quote:

Manual are really obsolete, modern UI in game doesn't require them.

I thought you were joking at first...

Post #: 48
RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios? - 11/18/2017 1:30:38 AM   
kaliyama

Post-windows 3.1 UI would not require folder browsing to find all of the scenarios built in game. It's just that grognards don't think UI/UX design is something worth spending time on.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 49
RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios? - 11/18/2017 2:29:07 AM   
BigDuke66

Folders are there for better overview, it's not a burden´but a feature.
You can even add your own folders to keep track of your own, 3rd party, beta, or whatever scenarios.

(in reply to kaliyama)
Post #: 50
RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios? - 11/18/2017 6:01:13 PM   
alwaysdime

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tamas

But it is a fair point that one should not be required to check the manual to figure out how to browse all the scenarios. It's something that our many years with the game made us blind for during development, but we will look into how best to remedy it.

You can't fix stupid. This is like someone complaining they ate cold soup because they didn't bother to read the instructions. The only concern from my view is if people aren't willing to open a PDF and search on scenario then how are they going to have a career and support them selves in the future. Everything in life requires at least a minimum effort

(in reply to Tamas)
Post #: 51
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> RE: I Got Robbed, where are all the Scenarios? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI