Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Expansion -- Only $9.95 !!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Expansion -- Only $9.95 !! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Expansion -- Only $9.95 !! - 11/21/2017 7:50:16 PM   
KGrob

Here's an idea for you guys to get an extra $9.95 (or whatever, I'd support whatever gets me a better product). Why don't you Devs/programmers work on an "expansion" where the player can select certain features such as scenario size, number of cities, unit counters, type of battle, and so forth and have the computer generate a unique game in each instance. I hate giving or receiving a handicap (so this my sound contradictory) but have the computer offer up a more difficult game for better players such as more bad guy units, tougher cities, etc....maybe start out as a Private and if you win maybe move up to Corporal or Sergeant or something...eventually by the time you get up to Colonel or General you have some really tough games going.

I really LOVE those types of games where you have a basic core of Units that you carry with you from scenario to scenario...I feel like I develop a sorta bond with my units and I get to where I hate to lose them. Some of you may remember the old Panzer General game where you had a basic core of units that you kept but you also got to add some supplemental units (that you didn't get to keep for the next scenario). You could customize these extra units to the specific type of scenario, etc.

ANYWAY...

I'm just thinking out loud mostly...I came up with all that in about five minutes...you guys have a FABULOUS skeleton that could be fleshed out a bit IMO...And I'm sure you Devs could come up with something fabulous if you sat down and thought about it.

Go Team !!!

Post #: 1
RE: Expansion -- Only $9.95 !! - 11/21/2017 8:11:32 PM   
RyanCrierie

Sounds like you want something like Advanced Tactics Gold's random scenario generator.

I've also wished for something like this for TOAW for a long time.

(in reply to KGrob)
Post #: 2
RE: Expansion -- Only $9.95 !! - 11/22/2017 1:21:32 AM   
erazerhead99

Good and varied procedural generation for complex game systems is not an easy thing to come up with. Also, your idea would not work that well unless the game got some kind of mechanism to permanently mark these scenarios and dont allow them to be played by people who do not own your expansion.

Even with a competent generator i dont think the results would have much appeal to most of the players - there are so many detailed historical scenarios available that it would be very hard for some randomly generated maps to match the quality and variety of the handmade ones. Besides that, not many players of wargames are fond of scenarios not rooted in history, i would say.
In short i would not hold my breath for anything like which you are asking for.

< Message edited by erazerhead99 -- 11/22/2017 1:22:58 AM >

(in reply to RyanCrierie)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Expansion -- Only $9.95 !! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI