Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Show pictures in dialogs? (or where are the newspapers?)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Show pictures in dialogs? (or where are the newspapers?) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Show pictures in dialogs? (or where are the newspapers?) - 11/25/2017 5:34:16 AM   
JPJ

TOAW IV shows a picture in the Scenario Briefing. TOAW III showed pictures in more dialogs, for example News (left in screenshot) and Inventory and Replacements (right) in addition to the Scenario Briefing (bottom). I miss that.

Is it possible to show pictures in more dialogs? Perhaps by modding dialog windows? (I'm not familiar with modding at all but see interesting things.)

I like how the pictures differentiated some dialogs from others and added some historical feeling. I especially like the old newspapers background for news. It still always makes a scenario feel so actual to me when that pops up.

If it is possible at all, pictures need not cover the whole window for me. Even a small picture in a corner may be enough to differentiate some windows a little more and give that feeling back.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Show pictures in dialogs? (or where are the newspap... - 11/25/2017 10:13:23 PM   
ralphtricky

I can look at adding the hooks for those.

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

(in reply to JPJ)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Show pictures in dialogs? (or where are the newspapers?) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI