Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to upgrade from the Battlefront version

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command Classic: WWI >> How to upgrade from the Battlefront version Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 11/29/2017 10:30:10 AM   
IainMcNeil

This is not a new game. We are taking over from Battlefront as the publisher of this game. If you already bought the game from Battlefront please read this carefully as we don't want you to accidentally buy something you might be getting for free!

Here is the full story and what you need to do.

What Happened
Hubert worked with Battlefront for many years and they had a good relationship but Battlefront want to focus on their own games and not act as a publisher for others. As a result Battlefront are retiring all the old Strategic Command games from their store and we will be adding them to ours.

This is the first of the old games to come across. It is the exact same game as released on Battlefront, just with their e-license system removed and our serial number system added. We'll also be adding the games to Steam and you'll get a Steam key from us. There are no additional features and it does not use our PBEM system, it is just a way to continue the old games to be sold and supported as Battlefront don't have the bandwidth to do this.

What version will you sell?
We will be selling a Gold version that combines the base game and the Breakthrough expansion.

Do I have to Buy it Again?
Users who have the Battlefront version of the base and the expansion will get our Gold version for free. Your serial number for the Battlefront version of the Breakthrough expansion will act as a serial for the Gold version. Just register your serial and you will be able to download the full Gold installer from the members area:
https://www.matrixgames.com/members/Default.asp?

If you only owned the base game, your base game serial will act as a 60% discount off of the Gold version. This means you'll have to pay around $10 to upgrade and you'll get the Breakthrough expansion as part of that upgrade.

What if I bought the WWI + Breakthrough Bundle?
If you bought the bundle you get the game for free. You just need to register the serial you were provided as instructed above and it will all just work.

How do I get the game on Steam?
The Steam version is with Valve for approval. Once it's approved we'll release. When it is available this is how it will work!

Once you've got a serial number for the gold version, if you have not already done so register it at the members area. You'll then be offered the option to generate a Steam key. Do this and then use that key to redeem your game on Steam.

Will you support the Battlefront version?
We will only be supporting the Gold version, but we are not able to support the old Battlefront version as we don't know how it works or have any way to resolve issues.

Any More Questions?
If you need more information please feel free to ask!

< Message edited by IainMcNeil -- 12/7/2017 9:05:17 AM >

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Post #: 1
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 11/29/2017 3:36:58 PM   
Philippeatbay

This is great news, because I would love to be able to store this game on Steam.

If I understand this correctly, we will need to provide either a) two serials, one for SC WWI The Great War and one for SC WWI Breakthrough; or b) one for the Strategic Command WW1 Great War/Breakthrough bundle.

I mention b) because that just happens to be the one I have.

I would assume there will be an announcement when it is possible to register.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 2
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 11/29/2017 4:24:23 PM   
Sugar

What happens to the missing "Storm over Europe" scenario, afaik it`s not contained in the Matrix version of Breakthrough? Will I lose this scenario by registrating the game with your serialnumber?

(in reply to Philippeatbay)
Post #: 3
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 11/29/2017 8:27:21 PM   
Philippeatbay

Matrix reaching inside my computer and tearing out the Battlefront/Fury SOE scenario is not exactly something that makes me lose sleep at night.

If you've already got it, you've already got it, regardless of whether or not it shows up in the Matrix version. It's a bit like the famous quote from Buckaroo Banzai: "Wherever you are, that's where you're at".

< Message edited by Philippeatbay -- 11/29/2017 8:33:09 PM >

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 4
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 11/29/2017 9:48:15 PM   
Sugar

Ah, sorry Philippeatbay, the question was meant for IainMcNeil.

Marking every new post "in reply to" automatically lead to this confusion.

(in reply to Philippeatbay)
Post #: 5
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 12/1/2017 10:31:59 AM   
Benedict151

Hello PhillipeatBay

"assume there will be an announcement when it is possible to register."

Yes, we'll do that when the game is re-released

regards
Ben Wilkins

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 6
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 12/1/2017 1:09:44 PM   
Benedict151

Hello Sugar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sugar

What happens to the missing "Storm over Europe" scenario, afaik it`s not contained in the Matrix version of Breakthrough? Will I lose this scenario by registrating the game with your serialnumber?

quote:

Don't worry - there is absolutely no reason why you should lose anything from your Battlefront installation/version of the game. The Matrix installer is completely separate, and uses a different installation path
and so on and does not touch the Battlefront version in any way.

regards
Ben Wilkins

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 7
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 12/4/2017 11:07:13 AM   
IainMcNeil

The Bundle serials will unlock the full package on our site, like a normal Breakthrough serial would.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Benedict151)
Post #: 8
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 12/7/2017 9:08:41 AM   
IainMcNeil

One additional note - the Steam version has not been approved by Valve yet so we're going ahead with the release on our site and the Steam version will follow as soon as its approved. This might be today, tomorrow or next week. We have no visibility on that. So you will be able to generate your steam key as soon as the game releases, but not access it on Steam until we are able to turn it on there.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 9
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 12/7/2017 2:14:34 PM   
IslandInland

Bought. Thanks, Matrix / Slitherine.

War In The East 2 Beta Tester and
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
XXXCorps

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 10
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 12/7/2017 3:38:08 PM   
AZKGungHo

I just put in my serial number for SC WW 1, Battlefront version, and was told it was invalid. It's for the base version, I think I bought Breakthrough but can't find that serial number.

Do we just go the regular spot and register? That's what I did and it didn't work.

"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Once A Raider… http://tinyurl.com/89mfnnk
Getting Real - http://tinyurl.com/7zhcjlq
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org

(in reply to IslandInland)
Post #: 11
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 12/7/2017 7:54:55 PM   
canuck97

quote:

ORIGINAL: AZKGungHo

I just put in my serial number for SC WW 1, Battlefront version, and was told it was invalid. It's for the base version, I think I bought Breakthrough but can't find that serial number.

Do we just go the regular spot and register? That's what I did and it didn't work.

I just wanted to ask the exact same thing: I've bought the main game just after it was released (on CD). Unfortunately my license key isn't working for registration here at Matrix Games. I also wanted to buy the Gold Version with discount. Any ideas? Thank you!

(in reply to AZKGungHo)
Post #: 12
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 12/7/2017 9:10:48 PM   
Frido1207

Great service. Registration and activation on Steam worked flawlessly. Hope you will also take over Global Conflict plus DLCs from Battlefront.
Thank you all very much.

(in reply to canuck97)
Post #: 13
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 12/8/2017 2:54:29 AM   
WallysWorld

quote:

Same thing happens to me as I own the Battlefront base version and my license key from BF comes up as invalid when I try to register it.

(in reply to AZKGungHo)
Post #: 14
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 12/8/2017 3:24:21 AM   
gamer78

I've registered Battlefront's Breakthrough serial now I've both Matrix and Steam version.
Thanks for making this game available, it is classic.

(in reply to WallysWorld)
Post #: 15
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 12/8/2017 8:55:22 AM   
Benedict151

Hello WallysWorld and AZKGungHo

quote:

ORIGINAL: WallysWorld

quote:

Same thing happens to me as I own the Battlefront base version and my license key from BF comes up as invalid when I try to register it.

quote:

quote:ORIGINAL: AZKGungHo I just put in my serial number for SC WW 1, Battlefront version, and was told it was invalid. It's for the base version, I think I bought Breakthrough but can't find that serial number. Same thing happens to me as I own the Battlefront base version and my license key from BF comes up as invalid when I try to register it.

I'm sorry for any confusion. Unfortunately as the Matrix version of SC Classic WW1 is a 'gold edition' that incudes Breakthrough and so you can only use Breakthrough serials to register your game (there is no Matrix 'base game only' version)
If you only have the base game then you can use your serial as a discount coupon to buy the gold edition with a 60% discount. Enter your serial code on the Matrix store checkout page and apply or recalculate the price (make sure you
do that, otherwise the discount won't take effect).

Please note that these discount coupons can only be used on the Matrix store (not Steam). Please don't order this Matrix 'gold edition' without your discount code as I'm afraid this cannot be applied later.

I hope this helps

Ben Wilkins

(in reply to WallysWorld)
Post #: 16
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 12/8/2017 11:21:38 AM   
Benedict151

Hello Everyone

We are pleased to announce that Strategic Command Classic WW1 is now available on Steam (as well as from the Matrix store)

You may want to note that the launch discount on Steam is 40%

regards
Ben Wilkins

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 17
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 12/8/2017 12:13:07 PM   
canuck97

Thanks for clarification, it worked well.

Post #: 18
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - Regis... - 12/8/2017 8:18:40 PM   
demyansk

By the way, registered the game on Steam, gave me an invalid, placed the number in again, said I owned the game and then installed

NOT able to register the game on Steam?

Damn, My fault, I have to request a steam key, how the heck did I forget, must be getting old

ALL GOOD

< Message edited by demyansk -- 12/8/2017 8:33:47 PM >

(in reply to canuck97)
Post #: 19
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - Regis... - 12/11/2017 2:25:49 PM   
wgfred

Registered my Battlefront version of SC WWI bundle at Matrix - all is well!

Ready to go 'Over There' once again.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 20
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 2/8/2018 8:44:36 PM   
heyhellowhatsnew

quote:

ORIGINAL: Benedict151

Hello WallysWorld and AZKGungHo

quote:

ORIGINAL: WallysWorld

quote:

quote:

quote:ORIGINAL: AZKGungHo I just put in my serial number for SC WW 1, Battlefront version, and was told it was invalid. It's for the base version, I think I bought Breakthrough but can't find that serial number. Same thing happens to me as I own the Battlefront base version and my license key from BF comes up as invalid when I try to register it.

I'm sorry for any confusion. Unfortunately as the Matrix version of SC Classic WW1 is a 'gold edition' that incudes Breakthrough and so you can only use Breakthrough serials to register your game (there is no Matrix 'base game only' version)
If you only have the base game then you can use your serial as a discount coupon to buy the gold edition with a 60% discount. Enter your serial code on the Matrix store checkout page and apply or recalculate the price (make sure you
do that, otherwise the discount won't take effect).

Please note that these discount coupons can only be used on the Matrix store (not Steam). Please don't order this Matrix 'gold edition' without your discount code as I'm afraid this cannot be applied later.

I hope this helps

Ben Wilkins

My breakthrough serial isn't working " SCWWI Breakthrough! BUNDLE" is what I own, I also own assault on democracy and assault on communism... so i'm just confused on what to use :(

Post #: 21
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 2/8/2018 8:47:03 PM   
heyhellowhatsnew

I can provide proof if needed too

(in reply to heyhellowhatsnew)
Post #: 22
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 2/8/2018 8:52:06 PM   
heyhellowhatsnew

disregard, i am dumb and don't know how to follow directions. i put my assault on democracy key in and it workd

(in reply to heyhellowhatsnew)
Post #: 23
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 5/13/2018 9:39:06 PM   
CSSS

I have the entire Strategic Command series on Battlefront, I have spent the past hour trying to register them here, all I get is invalid key.
So is there an easy way to do this? because I read the instructions , and keep getting invalid key?

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 24
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 5/14/2018 9:02:15 AM   
VPaulus

You'll have to register with the serial number of the Battlefront version of the Breakthrough expansion or the serial number of the WWI + Breakthrough Bundle.

(in reply to CSSS)
Post #: 25
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 9/11/2018 10:41:16 PM   
wlarson730

How do I recover my SC WW1 break through serial numbers? They used to be available from the Battlefront site.
I can still access all the files on my laptop (the executeable has stopped working).

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 26
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 9/17/2018 1:15:58 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Wlarson730,

Perhaps this link will help:

https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/127845

Hubert

(in reply to wlarson730)
Post #: 27
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 11/16/2020 2:12:00 PM   
Hartmann301

Mine doesn't give a license key or serial number but a activation code. Is that the same?

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 28
RE: How to upgrade from the Battlefront version - 11/18/2020 1:53:16 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Hartmann301,

Did you get the activation code using the following link?

https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/127845

Hubert

(in reply to Hartmann301)
Post #: 29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command Classic: WWI >> How to upgrade from the Battlefront version Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI