Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game Speed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support >> Game Speed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game Speed - 12/18/2017 11:09:37 AM   
LPKreitz

Is there any way to increase the AI speed for large scenarios. I have a fairly new updated Dell computer with Win 10.
Large scenarios with more than 20 or so units on the board average 2 min 31 sec to move from 1 hex to another which
makes the large scenarios all but unplayable, which limits game playability. Any suggestions?
Post #: 1
RE: Game Speed - 12/18/2017 11:20:25 AM   
Paullus

Make sure you have updated the game to version 1.0.81.

There is also a free program called Razer Cortex that will free up memory and CPU that helps.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to LPKreitz)
Post #: 2
RE: Game Speed - 12/18/2017 12:07:49 PM   
slaphappypappy

The unlimited visibility selected in some scenarios slow it down also.
I always use the Editor and change it to a 14 hex range or so before I play it.

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 3
RE: Game Speed - 1/5/2018 12:19:15 AM   
dritcheson

toth Kursk - license
Updated to latest version on TOTH

10-20 second pause during movement with a large scenario dealing with Salughter at Prokhorovka.

Night turns visibility 2 hexes.
Day turns visibility 12 and 14 hexes.

Slowness started after german reinforcement turn 14.

I tried Razer Cortex and ccleaner to no avail.

8GB Nvidia card

16GB memory on 8 core system

Windows 10 using Directx 12.

After I eliminated all Russian units ... the speed of play was normal.

any assistance is appreciated.

Dane

(in reply to slaphappypappy)
Post #: 4
RE: Game Speed - 1/5/2018 7:31:53 AM   
Paullus

Just for clarification, is the delay per hex moved? Can you hear units move while eaiting?

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to dritcheson)
Post #: 5
RE: Game Speed - 4/10/2018 9:00:27 PM   
blackcloud6

I just tried to play "Guderian break Through to Sedan," a scenario with a large unit count. I ran the game with Razor Cortex boosting my machine. By turn 4 the game came to a crawl. Routs took very long to happen. Moves would be very slow and fire resolution slowed down too. With moves you see nothing happen, then hear the movement sound and then a few seconds and then you would see the unit move. AI fires would take log, nothing, then the resolution would be in the text screen,then sound then the AI Continue button would white out, then the result would portray on the units.

I'm using the latest alpha patch that I installed yesterday to correct the C2 bug.

This scenario just bogged down in lag I gave up.

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 6
RE: Game Speed - 4/10/2018 11:33:44 PM   
Hailstone

blackcloud6, we have been down this road before, in fact, a few befores. The problem seems to be that the code used to create this program was written long ago and cannot take advantage of today's PCs' capabilities. Only re-writing the code will correct the latency. I have a high-end gaming PC and I have the same problems. All you can do is try to avoid those scenarios. The large unit count scenarios with multiple maps will give you grief. That brings to mind something else, were those scenarios play tested before they were released?

(in reply to blackcloud6)
Post #: 7
RE: Game Speed - 4/11/2018 3:04:57 AM   
Peter Fisla

Yeah, you could reduce the Scenario LOS in the editor. From my point of view, producing a good quality scenario is form of modern art <g>.

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 4/11/2018 3:17:17 AM >

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 8
RE: Game Speed - 4/11/2018 9:31:54 PM   
blackcloud6

quote:

Yeah, you could reduce the Scenario LOS in the editor.

What would be a good general setting?

And can I do this in the scenario I am playing?

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 9
RE: Game Speed - 4/11/2018 10:20:05 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: blackcloud6

quote:

Yeah, you could reduce the Scenario LOS in the editor.

What would be a good general setting?

And can I do this in the scenario I am playing?

I don’t know, if say a scenario has LOS 16 hexes, reduce it to say 12 hexes. You need to modify a scenario before you play it.

(in reply to blackcloud6)
Post #: 10
RE: Game Speed - 6/12/2018 12:35:22 AM   
rmmwilg

I have noticed that saving the game and rebooting the machine does seem to clear this out and restore the game speed in the same scenario. It also seems to be intermittent. Sometimes it continues to play for hours with no prob, and then suddenly slows to a crawl (while in the same scenario). Perhaps I shouldn't play it for such long periods at a time!

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 11
RE: Game Speed - 7/5/2018 11:32:36 PM   
duncanrice

I have the same issue with Help Spain! (my first play of this game). Editing the scenario down to 14 hex visibility cleared it up.

(in reply to rmmwilg)
Post #: 12
RE: Game Speed - 7/6/2018 12:07:36 AM   
whalus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hailstone

blackcloud6, we have been down this road before, in fact, a few befores. The problem seems to be that the code used to create this program was written long ago and cannot take advantage of today's PCs' capabilities. Only re-writing the code will correct the latency. I have a high-end gaming PC and I have the same problems. All you can do is try to avoid those scenarios. The large unit count scenarios with multiple maps will give you grief. That brings to mind something else, were those scenarios play tested before they were released?

This is why I decided not to buy Tigers on the Hunt. No excuse for such slowdowns on a strategy game like this one.

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 13
RE: Game Speed - 7/6/2018 7:23:22 AM   
fierman

Extremely sluggish on a modern quadcore i7, with 32GB ram here. Stuttering scrolling of the map, latency on mouseclicks. It's a pain to play.

(in reply to whalus)
Post #: 14
RE: Game Speed - 7/6/2018 12:42:03 PM   
dox44

i have a quadcore I7/42_32 gb_1060 nvidia etc etc etc. and most scenarios (95%+) run fine. larger ones are a pain. i haven't seen
the scrolling issue or had mouse problems except on the larger scenarios. i have about 200 or so.

hope you can get the game to a playable state. its really a great game and worth the frustration

good luck

(in reply to fierman)
Post #: 15
RE: Game Speed - 7/7/2018 1:29:35 PM   
Tiger88_slith

I will be honest here - I totally enjoy this game but will not play it or buy any further DLC until the program code is brought up to date! Even in med to small scenarios the play-ability is painful, having to reboot the computer to play the game cause the game is choppy is just flat out wrong and to have a product that you purchase but yet cannot play larger scenarios or have to go into the scenario design to change the range - is truly not acceptable for me and I hope others will chime in as well!

I would like like to know what Matrix plans to do here? I have purchased the main product and the Kursk expansion but will now seek a refund!

(in reply to dox44)
Post #: 16
RE: Game Speed - 7/7/2018 1:51:07 PM   
Peter Fisla

In the next game update (UPDATE6), I will further looking into speeding up the game overall.

(in reply to Tiger88_slith)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support >> Game Speed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI