Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Whacky UI...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> RE: Whacky UI... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Whacky UI... - 12/21/2017 11:44:28 PM   
JPJ

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mordwand

the moving counters seem to redraw a little slowly, leading to a slightly jittery 'graphics trail' effect. I know I'm being OCD with this one, but I like to see counters skip cleanly from one place to another. I'll try the driver reinstall, but my laptop is not exactly cutting edge (6+ years old) so not sure if it will help. [edit - yes, I've installed the beta patch]

I don't know your laptop's specs but if that trailing effect is not intentional then I agree it shouldn't occur on supported hardware when just counters move.
Does it help if you change your player settings (Play > Player Options) for No Delay, Animation Movement Timer and Animation Combat Timer?

Manual page 14:
- No Delay: This removes the animation delay, the Shift and Caps Lock key do the same thing during play.
- Movement Animation Timer: How many milliseconds between frames during movement.
- Combat Animation Timer: How many milliseconds between frames during combat.

My settings in the screenshot are an example, perhaps not what is best for you.

Also, just in case, make sure that No Update (in same screenshot) is Off if you don't need it. That one causes many screen issues for me, even when used as intended(?), both in the game and in the editor.

Edit:
For your reference, there was also this discussion about the timing of movement animation recently:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4399539

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JPJ -- 12/21/2017 11:49:54 PM >

(in reply to Mordwand)
Post #: 31
RE: Whacky UI... - 12/22/2017 8:50:30 AM   
Mordwand

JPJ, I've just tried your settings and it makes a huge difference... wonderful! Counter movement is much cleaner now.

Ironically though, I still had to be careful in the 'Player Settings' as there was still the vertical displacement issue (ie. in your screenshot, to change the 'animation movement timer' option, I have to click on the 'PO random seed' button. Every button is one row above the corresponding descriptor... very off-putting)

A thousand thanks, sir.

< Message edited by Mordwand -- 12/22/2017 8:54:25 AM >

(in reply to JPJ)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> RE: Whacky UI... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI