Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Does the AI get a further unload bonus?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Does the AI get a further unload bonus? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does the AI get a further unload bonus? - 12/23/2017 1:04:48 AM   
Dirtnap86

Hello,

First thread here, I've been playing a Scen 2 AI game and while its only mid march, I was curious if the AI gets a further unload bonus besides the typical invasion bonus.

At this point in the game, I'm sending a bunch of engineers and infantry to build up Akyab/Cox/Chittagong. At Akyab I have 2 Arty units and 3 Engineer units, with an infantry unit 2 miles away.

The AI lands and in one turn deposits the entirety of the 25th Division. In a single unload phase. And then shock attacks, despite having just landed troops. As far as I can tell, there were only 3 ships in the task force that landed them.

I admit, land warfare in WitP:AE isn't my strong suit but something seems a bit off there.

Appreciate the help
Post #: 1
RE: Does the AI get a further unload bonus? - 12/23/2017 5:14:16 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirtnap86

Hello,

First thread here, I've been playing a Scen 2 AI game and while its only mid march, I was curious if the AI gets a further unload bonus besides the typical invasion bonus.

At this point in the game, I'm sending a bunch of engineers and infantry to build up Akyab/Cox/Chittagong. At Akyab I have 2 Arty units and 3 Engineer units, with an infantry unit 2 miles away.

The AI lands and in one turn deposits the entirety of the 25th Division. In a single unload phase. And then shock attacks, despite having just landed troops. As far as I can tell, there were only 3 ships in the task force that landed them.

I admit, land warfare in WitP:AE isn't my strong suit but something seems a bit off there.

Appreciate the help

The landing bonus doesn't expire until April 01, and yes, it does let the Japanese unload in one phase. The shock attack when landing happens automatically at atolls, but it is not usual for larger land masses. However a very aggressive LCU commander can sometimes shock attack immediately on arrival.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Dirtnap86)
Post #: 2
RE: Does the AI get a further unload bonus? - 12/23/2017 1:50:20 PM   
PaxMondo

It is not an AI bonus, it is an IJ bonus. I'm not aware that the AI gets any other unloading bonuses.

Pax

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Does the AI get a further unload bonus? - 12/23/2017 1:55:35 PM   
Yaab

It definitely gets a loading screen bonus due to a faster CPU.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 4
RE: Does the AI get a further unload bonus? - 12/23/2017 3:11:02 PM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

It is not an AI bonus, it is an IJ bonus. I'm not aware that the AI gets any other unloading bonuses.

Correct although I wouldn't be surprised if those posters who regularly invent non existent AI cheats, were to add this one to their list of imaginary cheats.

Alfred

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 5
RE: Does the AI get a further unload bonus? - 12/23/2017 5:34:52 PM   
Aurorus

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

The landing bonus doesn't expire until April 01, and yes, it does let the Japanese unload in one phase.

This is what I had always thought, but I just executed a landing on April 6th in my game against Apbarog, and I received the amphibious bonus, so I think it may expire on April 7th, exactly 4 months into the war. This was a DBB, though. I am not sure if DBB changed the expiration date for the amphibious bonus or if it is even possible to do this in the editor.

< Message edited by Aurorus -- 12/23/2017 5:35:46 PM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 6
RE: Does the AI get a further unload bonus? - 12/26/2017 12:13:08 PM   
HansBolter

The AI sometimes gets an additional unloading phase that occurs during the planning execution, before the turn execution begins.

I have only ever seen this happen during the early months of 1942 and suspect it may be somehow tied to the Japanese invasion bonus as I have only seen it occur during that period.

I have seen it many times though so I also suspect it wasn't a glitch when it happened.

Normally, there a four amphibious unloading phases per turn, one at the beginning and end of the day night phase and one at the beginning and end of the day phase.

What I am referring to happens during the AIs planning execution before the execution of the night phase begins.

When it happens the AI goes one to get the same four unloading phases during the turn that the player gets and ends up getting 5 unloading phases that turn.

Has anyone else witnessed this phenomenon?

Hans

(in reply to Aurorus)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Does the AI get a further unload bonus? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI