Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

E mail problem?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> E mail problem? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
E mail problem? - 12/23/2017 2:23:28 PM   
gmtello

Once I open the Japón emailed first turn the game takes me straight ton the movement phase of the allied side so I don't See combat anima combat reports or anhthing. Is it my problem or his?

< Message edited by gmtello -- 12/23/2017 2:37:38 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: E mail problem? - 12/23/2017 2:37:39 PM   
geofflambert

The Japanese player has to send you the replay. It is a separate file. wpae001.pws

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 2
RE: E mail problem? - 12/23/2017 2:37:59 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: gmtello

Once I open the Japón emailed first turn the game takes me straight ton the movement phase of the allied side so I don't See combat anima combat reports or anhthing

That is normal. The sequence is this.
First turn:
- Japan player enters orders, ends turn, sends to Allies player.
- Allies player enters orders, ends turn, sends to Japan player.
All subsequent turns:
- Japan player opens turn and "turn resolution" (aka "combat resolution") runs (which also generates reports for Japan player, and generates combat replay wpae001.pws), Japan player enters orders, ends turn, sends turn AND combat reply (wpae001.pws) to Allies players.
- Allies player opens replay file (wpae001.pws) which runs replay animations, etc. and generates reports for Allies player.
- Allies player open turn file, enter orders, ends turn, sends to Japan player.

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 3
RE: E mail problem? - 12/23/2017 2:39:57 PM   
gmtello

Do the file he is sending is not the right one? Or am I doing something wrong I just open his file and appear in the movement phase. The problem comes out with the third e mail. My game starts on dec 8!with pearl attacked and no combat anim nor combat reports...

< Message edited by gmtello -- 12/23/2017 2:52:36 PM >

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 4
RE: E mail problem? - 12/23/2017 2:57:55 PM   
geofflambert

1st email: J sends turn to A after giving orders. A gives orders and ...
2nd email: A sends turn back to J. J watches replay. J could send replay wpae001.pws to A at this time but usually ...
3rd email: J has given orders and sends the turn plus the replay back to A. A sees the replay of Dec. 7 and gives orders for Dec. 8.

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 5
RE: E mail problem? - 12/23/2017 2:59:29 PM   
geofflambert

Remember, for the Allied player, the replay and the turn are always two different files. The replay is always wpae001.pws and the turn is wpaexxx.pws, the xxx being the slot you two have chosen.

Post #: 6
RE: E mail problem? - 12/23/2017 3:07:36 PM   
geofflambert

So, you as the Allied player, save both files in the save game folder, then start a save game of slot 001. You will see the replay. Then start a save game from the slot you two are using for your turns. While you are in the turn you can open the record of the replay from the toolbar on top, in case you forgot what you saw or it went by too fast. Next to the icon for that is another icon to the right which will give you other info on what happened, such as ASW attacks by aircraft, etc. etc.

Post #: 7
RE: E mail problem? - 12/23/2017 3:10:19 PM   
BBfanboy

Also you make sure you both have combat animations turned ON and have selected a "delay" in your preferences. Delay = the amount of time each piece of the animation will take. I suggest 1.5 seconds for your first time through.
See this thread in this forum: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4405471

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 8
RE: E mail problem? - 12/23/2017 3:15:59 PM   
geofflambert

In my current game I am the Japanese player. I send my opponent each file separately, but one right after the other. I do this because my carrier chokes frequently, especially the more mbs I attach, and if my opponent gets one and not the other he knows to ask me to resend. Here is my last transmission of the replay file to him:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 9
RE: E mail problem? - 12/23/2017 3:16:56 PM   
geofflambert

Here is my transmission of the turn. We use slot 040 for our game turns.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> E mail problem? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI