Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaign Series Middle East 2.00 TWITCH Session

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> Campaign Series Middle East 2.00 TWITCH Session Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaign Series Middle East 2.00 TWITCH Session - 1/17/2018 1:17:17 PM   
Jason Petho

Slitherine Twitch Session

There will Twitch session today in a couple hours from now, starting around 5:00 PM CET and lasting a couple hours.

Check it out!

Jason Petho

Post #: 1
RE: Campaign Series Middle East 2.00 TWITCH Session - 1/18/2018 12:54:55 AM   
alwaysdime

So what was the deal with this? The guy who is doing it knows nothing about the game.

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 2
RE: Campaign Series Middle East 2.00 TWITCH Session - 1/18/2018 2:04:24 AM   
Jason Petho

My sentiments exactly. I love his enthusiasm, but it appears he didn't bother looking at the manual.

Hopefully he'll know more tomorrow.

(in reply to alwaysdime)
Post #: 3
RE: Campaign Series Middle East 2.00 TWITCH Session - 1/18/2018 2:05:15 AM   
Jason Petho

I suspect I'll have to do a couple/few uncut playthroughs and post them to my youtube in lieu of this.

Post #: 4
RE: Campaign Series Middle East 2.00 TWITCH Session - 1/18/2018 2:44:36 AM   
alwaysdime

If I hadn't owned every JTCS and the new titles of CS I wouldn't rush out to buy it. You get the impression you can't move and shoot since there was no info on action points. No way to view weapon range. Each point is one man. Trying to target a commander and yet leaving his commander alone in a hex. Penalty for over stacking that he was clueless about. All this information was just wrong. It came across as a light title and that's not true at all. Slitherine needs to evaluate how to handle these things better in the future. If I watch some of the others on twitch, maybe Operation Art of War are they just as bad?

Post #: 5
RE: Campaign Series Middle East 2.00 TWITCH Session - 1/18/2018 3:23:17 AM   
budd

^yes

He just doesnt do war games well. No explanation of features, changes from previous versions ect. I couldn't watch the whole thing. I skimmed trying to spot the new stuff before I gave up. I did notice the new unit viewer, nice.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to alwaysdime)
Post #: 6
RE: Campaign Series Middle East 2.00 TWITCH Session - 1/18/2018 4:32:16 AM   
Jason Petho

Thanks for the feedback, guys. That's appreciated.

I'll work on some uncut videos that will go over some of the new stuff and get them released.

Hopefully by the end of February.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 7
RE: Campaign Series Middle East 2.00 TWITCH Session - 1/18/2018 5:29:05 AM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: budd

^yes

He just doesnt do war games well. No explanation of features, changes from previous versions ect. I couldn't watch the whole thing. I skimmed trying to spot the new stuff before I gave up. I did notice the new unit viewer, nice.

Some new features that you could catch from the stream were:

• the revamped Front End dialogs
  • the new 3D Zoom-In view. Map is 150% of the previous Zoom-in mode, while units were taken as-is. They now fit more naturally to terrain. Buildings and foliage were redone and resized to appear a tad smaller than perviously
  • if you did not blink when he wheeled over the various views, all 9 view modes were there.
  • The new Toolbar featured there

Obvious things misssing were for instance:
  • Event engine in action! Hopefully today's stream showcases that, too.
  • the new Night mode, as those were day battles
  • new gaming features, like the new instant Recon feature which is a really nice detail to add to the IGOUGO mode
  • ...and a bunch of other things too, as you compare to list Jason put together in Daniele's 2.0 is Coming post

Good thing it is released today, now you can see yourself!

For anyone new to the game, you can download CSME 2.0 Manual here.

There's also a ton of screenshots including Night mode ones at our website's Gallery section.

(in reply to budd)
  • Post #: 8
    RE: Campaign Series Middle East 2.00 TWITCH Session - 1/19/2018 6:51:11 AM   
    PapaOurs

This thread is exactly what I was looking for after seeing the stream. I was very interested in this game, but it looked very simplistic during the Twitch session, and, as far as I love Agrippa, he really made the game look bad. Good to know there's more to it, my next purchase for sure.

(in reply to Crossroads)
    Post #: 9
    RE: Campaign Series Middle East 2.00 TWITCH Session - 1/19/2018 7:37:30 AM   
    Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: PapaOurs

This thread is exactly what I was looking for after seeing the stream. I was very interested in this game, but it looked very simplistic during the Twitch session, and, as far as I love Agrippa, he really made the game look bad. Good to know there's more to it, my next purchase for sure.

By his own Admission he was playing it for the first time, so I believe the positives are the game is quick to get into, you will be playing it in minutes

But there is an amazing depth to that simplistic interface, with the plethora of unit types with different capabilities, and the various tactics and strategies to use them to your advanted.

The CSLegion.com Gallery - available via the link in my signature - contains a few videos by Jason on game play basics. They might well be worth a view as well. They are done with the previous version, but the basics apply. Jason made a task to create a few new ones over the coming months, for instance for instant recon Bootcamp now included as a new scenario. In the meanwhile, the game manual has the steps there too.

The latest game manual is available as a download at the site as well.

(in reply to PapaOurs)
    Post #: 10
    RE: Campaign Series Middle East 2.00 TWITCH Session - 1/19/2018 4:31:28 PM   
    PapaOurs

Thanks ! I've already started to read the manual, and found your site yesterday. It will sure help when I will start. I just have to finish my War in the West campaign before diving into this, can't wait.

(in reply to Crossroads)
    Post #: 11
    RE: Campaign Series Middle East 2.00 TWITCH Session - 1/19/2018 8:06:51 PM   
    Werewolf13

quote:

ORIGINAL: PapaOurs

Thanks for the heads up!

I was gonna go see just how bad the stream was until this post that mentioned it was done by Agrippa Maxentius. Never ever been a fan of his. Don't get why he's so popular. Every now and then I'll check in with a new video he's done or that is about a new release to see if he's gotten his act together - nope.

Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress

(in reply to PapaOurs)
    Post #: 12
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> Campaign Series Middle East 2.00 TWITCH Session Page: [1]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI