Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Disappearing install

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> Tech Support >> Disappearing install Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disappearing install - 1/18/2018 10:06:13 PM   
Crimso

I have d/l the v2.0 installer at least 3 times. My first attempt to install started up, I input my serial no., then it not only quit running the install, but the installer .exe file disappears as well. This has happened twice more. In addition, I tried to move the installer from the Downloads folder to another folder. Nope. Need Administrator permission. Even though I am an Admin on this computer, I am shown as owner of the .exe file, the folder I am copying from, and the folder I am copying to. I was able to move it from Downloads to Desktop, but when I double-clicked the icon to install, the file again disappeared (this time immediately). These issues are completely out of the blue, have not had them before (running Windows 10). Any ideas? I logged out and then in again, but no joy. I'll try turning off and then on again, but am not hopeful.
Post #: 1
RE: Disappearing install - 1/18/2018 10:26:17 PM   
Crimso

Still nothing. Always disappears. Seems to randomly deny my ability to move the file (this time it refused to move it to Desktop, but did move it to another folder).

(in reply to Crimso)
Post #: 2
RE: Disappearing install - 1/18/2018 10:34:38 PM   
berto

We'll have to let Matrix/Slitherine tech support address this one. It's their installer. Try opening a formal support ticket.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to Crimso)
Post #: 3
RE: Disappearing install - 1/18/2018 10:49:46 PM   
Crimso

Thx, submitted.

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 4
RE: Disappearing install - 1/18/2018 11:36:29 PM   
Crimso

Have now figured out that Avast was part of the problem, was blocking install. But it still hangs with an error on access to uninstall.exe denied. Could not open uninstall executable for writing.

(in reply to Crimso)
Post #: 5
RE: Disappearing install - 1/18/2018 11:52:48 PM   
berto

Don't you just hate when that happens?

Many times I have tried running the latest EXEs on one or more test systems here only to have the AV software block the launch, quarantine it, and in the worst cases change ownership/permissions in such a way that it is a devil of a time figuring out how to right things.

Good luck figuring this one out.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to Crimso)
Post #: 6
RE: Disappearing install - 1/19/2018 12:09:30 AM   
Crimso

Told Avast to let it go, hung up again on irsetup.exe, again told it to allow, then came the uninstall.exe denied. Have disabled UAC, looks like it's going to install (about 80% done). Everybody can go back to whatever it was they were working on.

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 7
RE: Disappearing install - 1/19/2018 3:32:50 AM   
zakblood

if you want some good advice, remove avast, as it's the biggest and worst piece of rubbish ever put on a pc,.

it's the worst offender and the least unfriendly game AV on the market, just google it and then remove it, no matter which one you replace it with, free or paid, you can't get one that much worse, unless you pick Mcafee etc

if you look at the tech support sites from all over the net, not just these 2 gaming sites, i think you will find the same advice, most times installing as admin on a game friendly AV gives no errors what so ever, any other free AV online will be fine, if you have to add a file to a white list or safe list to get it past a given AV, then it's not a good AV in the first place and it's data base and file system isn't for one, game friendly and or any good on Heuristic

(in reply to Crimso)
Post #: 8
RE: Disappearing install - 1/19/2018 4:39:48 PM   
clodhellmer

Same story for me! Just stopped AVAST and now I can install the game.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 9
RE: Disappearing install - 1/20/2018 12:31:30 AM   
rgb07460

Same her. Disabled Avast for 1 hr. Now it is installing!!!!

(in reply to clodhellmer)
Post #: 10
RE: Disappearing install - 1/20/2018 9:19:26 AM   
demyansk

A friend of mine told me that webroot is the best and Panda had to be disabled for come and strategic command. Can Matrix do something different with there install process?

(in reply to rgb07460)
Post #: 11
RE: Disappearing install - 1/20/2018 9:46:48 AM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: demyansk

A friend of mine told me that webroot is the best and Panda had to be disabled for come and strategic command. Can Matrix do something different with there install process?

That is a good question. They have digitally signed the executables, so the AV programmes should detect that. Yet, some of them seem to be overly aggressive...

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> Tech Support >> Disappearing install Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI