Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 6/12/2003 7:42:13 PM   
LordCucumber

Allies turn 13..

"Sir, we've lost contact with all our boys in Arnhem, sir!" The commander looks up from his map.. "Then it has finally happened, Jeffrey.. the Jerries have reinforced the town.. we cannot possibly reach it in time.. let us hope general Urquheart takes as many with him as he can..!"

Then their voices are overcome by the sound of tanks rolling by the command truck. The column is in full motion now. In the distance, shots can be heard from Eindhoven and from as far as Veghel. The big assault has finally begun!

In Eindhoven, infantry units encounter desperate German stragglers, who consequently fight to the death, since they have nowhere left to go. Hopefully they will see surrender is their best option eventually..

Veghel comes under fire from the nearby bridge as tanks with infantry race forward. A German AT gun takes out a tank on the column's left flank and infantry disembarkes hastily, but it does not stop the rest of the column from coming closer..

In Grave, the allied position is consolidated and the improvised scouts report German activity north of Veghel.

The battle for Nijmegen rages on as house to house fighting takes a toll on both sides. The fieldcommander there has no hope of taking the bridges without tank support..

In Arnhem, Britisch troops gradually pull out of town, taking any German brave enough to follow under extensive coverfire. More armour is encountered and a Konigstiger is immobilized, at least for now!

Oosterbeek seems to have fallen to the German counterattack, despite my best efforts to prevent this. This may be the case, but somehow the artillery field remains contested as it's guns give the Germans a run for their money. A second jeep assault ends in no casualties as a halftrack appears and fires a potshot at the insane driver.. The jeep crew manages to fire at nearby infantry, but has to race out of the hot zone because of the armoured presence there.. This isn't looking good..

(in reply to LordCucumber)
Post #: 31
- 6/13/2003 11:18:41 AM   
STIM

OOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo

Post #: 32
- 6/13/2003 2:51:13 PM   
RobW

From the south up:

Eindhoven: XXX Armour push through the town, resistance is stepped up as a fanatic airborne squad take out a churhcill. Panzershreck is destroyed whilst trying to sneak up on a tank in the south of the town. In the very south I still have an M4 Sherman held up by 3 gallant infantry units!

Veghal: The first rounds leave the city heading south. To the north of the town take out an American recon patrol.

Grave: The town is lost.

Nijmegen: The town is a confusing situation. American 82nd hold 75-80% of it. I manage to take out 1 machine gun with an assault gun. Meanwhile to the east I manage to bring some crew men back from Groosebeek.

Arnhem: I hold 95% of the city. A tiger manages to wipe out an airborne unit to the west and my infantry push towards the outskirts of the city. The British infantry in the churchyard are fighting and dying hard. I have them surrounded so they should surrender now if they know what is good for them

Grooesbeek: The town is regained. My loan Stug rides in, takes out a machine gun and then stops.

Oosterbeek: Take out 1 infantry unit to the east of the town and identify a jeep and infantry platoon moving back to the center. Setup infantry in the town ready to repel the relief. Identify 2 more 75mm but at the moment lack anything to attack them with! Reinforcements are arriving. An infantry didvision that had been off for a tramp in the woods finally gets close to the action.

I think Oosterbeek will fall soon. I then need to complete the destruction of the airborne units remaining and then flood the Island with SS and armour. nijmegen will NOT fall. Units have been told that the bridges must not be crossed.

Post #: 33
- 6/13/2003 5:52:27 PM   
LordCucumber

How about my turn Rob? :) It's not in my mail!

Post #: 34
- 6/13/2003 7:40:45 PM   
RobW

Cyr, many apologies. I have deleted the file - can you resend you turn and I will replay and attempt to make the same moves as before!

Post #: 35
- 6/15/2003 10:38:28 PM   
LordCucumber

No problem.. we'll go into alternate reality mode and replay the last round ;) :D

Post #: 36
- 6/17/2003 3:19:14 AM   
LordCucumber

Allies turn 14.

The armored column at Eindhoven receives some heavy fire from Veghel. An AT gun is taken out, but not before three more tanks are munched by AT fire. Nonetheless, progress is made, allbeit slow and painstaking.
Another artillery plot goes wrong and shells land on the front units. This seems to have happened before. I will keep a sharp eye on what I do with artillery from now on!

In Nijmegen the street fighting continues. It seems armor is present in the town and it becomes increasingly harder to get anywhere near the bridge. 82nd Airborne squads attack successfully, get thrown back and attack again.

In Groesbeek a Stug is making life hard for the remaining airborne units.

In Arnhem an allied troopsquad successfully ambushes and destroys a German troopcarrier and it's occupants are killed off quickly. The Red Devils pull out of town and lose visual contact with the immobilized King Tiger. The retreat is now almost complete. Units still left here will not hold out long without reinforcements!

The artilleryfield seems to keep itself safe rather effectively. Apart from a lone crewman, who is probably spying on the position, there is no more sign of the armored units that assaulted it earlier. The men at the guns expect them to return quickly however. If no relief comes soon, this position may be lost as well.

Post #: 37
- 6/17/2003 2:52:22 PM   
RobW

From the south up:

Eindhoven: XXX Armour push through the town but become stalled at the north edge of town. Take out a Sherman Firefly and bounce shells off a crusader. To the south of the town I manage to force a British infantry unit to retreat before being hit by lurking armour.

Veghal: Something is happening north of the town. I have units withdrawing but I don't know why.

Nijmegen: Manage to stengthen the west side of town. Force American units to withdraw and take out a 6lber gun. To the east special ops unit engages an airborne force.

Arnhem: The city must be mine. I know of only 1 unit on the north side of the river being tracked by 2 SS units. In the church there is some resistance but manage to force 1 british sapper unit to disperse.

Grooesbeek: The Sutg sits there and waits

Oosterbeek: Manage to take out another 75mm gun. There must be more but unable to spot them even when I walk past them. The armour does indeed return to the fray, wreaking revenge for its burning colleague. MOre british infantry are spotted and forced to withdraw back towards Arnhem

Oosterbeck is nearly mine. I can then move my infantry and armour towards Arnhem to crush the pathetic remains of the British ariborne (those who havn't escaped across the river). Vehgel is managing to stop the British armour for now, hopefully long enough for me to reinforce Nijmegen ready for an almighty clash.

Post #: 38
- 6/17/2003 10:05:28 PM   
LordCucumber

Allies turn 15...

Eindhoven is cleansed of the last German defenders... hopefully. The armored column moves on the bridge to Veghel and gets it's b*tt kicked by the AT guns present. No matter, the infantry has a good sight on the guns now and assistance is called in.

From the North US the 'airborne scouting unit' swoops in to find more German infantry just waiting to be dispersed. Soon Veghel will be overrun. Hopefully the Brits can then make the big push north..

Groesbeek remains a contested area.

In Nijmegen streetfighting continues. It seems that armor is rolling in from the north. That armor ahs to come from somewhere, and the field commander suspects the enemy is moving reinforcements from Arnhem down to Nijmegen.

In Arnhem the remnants of resisting Scottsmen do their best to cover their retreat. Low on ammo, exhausted and thinned out, their only hope will be to retreat to a defensible position and wait things out... but... there seems to be very little to retreat to! Germans, though also thinly spread, are everywhere!

The artilleryfield in Oosterbeek is lost. As a bren carrier tries to roll in some support, it is taken under fire from German infantry! The crew bravely defend themselves and take out one of the German infantrymen, but it seems but a small dent in the obviously fresh infantry unit...

Ok.. I'm starting to lose now I think :rolleyes:

Post #: 39
- 6/18/2003 2:45:28 PM   
RobW

From the south up:

Eindhoven: XXX armour now have the town secure.

Veghal: North of the town I encounter some American units coming south from Grave. To the south the remnants of XXX Armour are advancing. Infantry force some of the British infantry to wthdraw but unable to do anything about the armour. Out of nowhere some 75mm shells land on one of the buldings.

Nijmegen: I think I hav ethe west secure. To the east american unist from Grosebeek infiltrate further into town. Reinforcements cannot get here quick enough.

Arnhem: Find some of the valiant Scots on the very western edge of town. Manage to force one of them to withdraw and take another under fire. Hoping to snap up the remaining units soon.

Grooesbeek: The Sutg sits there and waits

Oosterbeek: British infantry try to get into the town but are stalled by a half track, a tiger and some infantry. The Bren carrier finally dies after it is assaulted by a PzIII, a half track and numerous infantry units.

I am pushing east from Oosterbeek trying to finish off the British. A lone Polish paratrooper gives himself away by opening fire on an emptt Krupp Truck. Infantry and armour are called in to try and identify if they are going to attempt to sneak across the river to get a foothold into Arnhem. I believe the Germans have the advantage at the moment but I guess it depends how long I can continue to hold XXX armour up. Need to make sure Nijmegen is secure.

Post #: 40
- 6/18/2003 11:47:03 PM   
LordCucumber

Armor keeps rolling through Eindhoven as the armored column forces a breakthrough in Veghel. The town is besieged on all sides and soon the defenses crumble. An AT gun is spotted in town and taken out, as well as a machinegun unit in a near perfect flanking move. Further resistance will be dealt with as the column has done before in Eindhoven...

In Nijmegen streetfighting continues and nor the Allies nor the Germans hold the town. Defenders are pressed hard to hold their positions. The armored column has radioed in that they are on their way and this gives the men hope!

South of Arnhem on the other side of the Rhine, Polish paratroopers discover reinforcements coming from or bound for Arnhem and take them under fire. Unfortunately the units encountered have tank support and the Poles do not make any significant dents in the enemy column, other than disturbing it.

Meanwhile, on the north shore of the Rhine, some Polish units that crossed the river encounter German resistance, only to be pushed back, despite their best effort.

Near Arnhem, a Tiger is taken out of action as brave Scotsmen climb on top and empty their guns in the open hatch followed by some improvised molotow cocktails. The Scots are NOT finished with this town YET..

Fighting near the church causes more chaos and sends a German unit running.

Exciting times :D

Post #: 41
- 6/19/2003 2:53:26 PM   
RobW

From the south up:

Eindhoven: XXX armour now have the town secure.

Veghal: North of the town I encounter some American units coming south from Grave. To the south the remnants of XXX Armour are advancing. Lost my last remaining anti-tank gun in the town. Time to dissapear like a thief in thenight to fight another day.

Nijmegen: It is very unclear what is going on. I managed to force 1 infanrty unit and 1 MG to withdraw, took another airborne unit underfire and caused casualties on a ATG parked to the south of town. I am trying to forma defensive line and then will sit & wait. My only concern - all of a sudden 75mm shells landed in the town. I was sure I had took them all out but think the pocket near Grave still has 1 left - maybe I don't need to worry about it.

Arnhem: Still some resistance on the very edge of town. Managed to disperse a couple of units. Need to consolidate and wait for the Poles. To the south of the river my Nijmegen bound reinforcements swing off the road and take on the Poles. 1 unit moves back into a farmbuilding and I destroy an airborne mortar and a Polish unit. Contemplating whether to swing back on the road and stop him at Nijmegen but don't really want to leave a pole in me rear :D

Grooesbeek: The Sutg took back the VHex but couldn't do anything about the MG sitting there.

Oosterbeek: Took out anouther 75mm - how the heck can they hide so you can't see them from 1 hex away? Found some Poles on the north side of the river and forced them to withdrawn. There was also a stange hissssssssss form the river but put that down to a sinking assault boat. Poles on the south bank returned fire so I know they are there.

Need to deal with the Polish threat. Think I can let them break themselves on OOsterbeek and the road south from Arnehm. Expect XXX Armour to reach Nijmegen in the next couple of turns so getting ready to defend it to the last. What I could do with is some engineers to mine the roads - guess those aint likely to show up tho!:(

Post #: 42
- 6/19/2003 6:18:24 PM   
LordCucumber

The armored column races into Veghel to find some scattered defenders still delivering quite a punch. Even though it is a relative pinprick to what could have been there, the advance is still slowed by this. Nonetheless, the town will be in Allied hands soon enough.

At Nijmegen streetfighting ceases for a moment, as troops firing on German defenders suffer casualties. It is expected the assault will be stalled untill the tanks arrive.

Near arnhem more armor is discovered on the river Rhine's southbank. The Poles try to make a desperate stand, but without any decent AT weapons (well.. at least they have SOME grenades), this will be hard to keep up.

The artilleryfield is lost to the Germans. German infantry is spotted advancing on the Polish reinforcements who are now driven into a pocket near the riverbank. The Poles manage to take out another halftrack without too much trouble, but the armoured presence in combination with enemy infantry will make the position impossible to hold. The Polish commander decides a return across the river is pure suicide and chooses the alternative: fight to the last man!

No word is heard from brigade general Urquheart.. the field commander at the XXX corps column expects he has been taken prisonner or even killed. This is a most disturbing thought, for the Germans will undoubtably question him on the advancement plans...

Post #: 43
- 6/19/2003 10:15:00 PM   
RobW

From the south up:

Eindhoven: town lost

Veghal: Pincer movement form north and south mean town is in a tight situation. US airborne unit disperses under extreme fire. Armour hit with a number of large rounds but all fail to do anything

Nijmegen: US found to east and west but still feel I control more of this place than he does. Reinforcements are getting closer

Arnhem: Not a lot happened. Found a couple of British units - 1 lurking in the same hex took out one of my SS units. Pushing east to link up with Oosterbeek.

Grooesbeek: The Sutg took out the MG unit!

Oosterbeek: Polish unit confronted and forced to withdraw slightly. Can't see anymore nor the units firing from the opposite bank. Tempted to withdraw back into Arnhem!

nijmegen is in the center of events. Soon the XXX armour will reach it. What will they find? US airborne in control or still sitting on the south of the town.

Post #: 44
- 6/20/2003 12:07:54 AM   
LordCucumber

Allies, turn 17..

Ok.. things are looking fairly bad for me..

Veghel is taken and more German defenders are dispersed. XXX Corps is moving north, but many troops are suffering under heavy artillery bombardement. The field commander thinks Grave can be reached within the hour and then it is off to Nijmegen...

...where things get more troublesome as several German halftracks take the road south of town! It seems reinforcements from the north got through. Desperate and exhausted airborne troops do their best to stop this armored onslaught, but to no avail.

At Arnhem many of the Scotsmen present surrender to the German Reinforcements. The Poles near Oosterbeek fall back to the river, attack again, but effectively they are lost.

The Poles on the other bank try to stop the German tanks there, but again without any good AT weapons they hardly stand a chance! The diversion may buy the Allies some time though, for at least three tanks are seen attempting to advance on the Polish position. That's three tanks less to worry about.. right now..

The Allies' only hope seems that XXX Corps punches through effectively.. and soon!

Post #: 45
Is this the decisive turn? - 6/20/2003 2:39:25 PM   
RobW

From the south up:

Veghal: Infantry still at large in the north. ATG tries a lucky shot at a APC but misses. Oh yes, British HQ ambushed and killed north of the town - if you want to surrender let me know ;)

Nijmegen: 1 US unit forced to retreat - retake bridge west of the town on the Grave road.

Arnhem: Not a lot happened. British units are still withdrawing. Found one cheeky platoon sitting having tea in a house in the north. Unfortunately the only unit to find them was an empty Krupp truck which died.

Grooesbeek: town is mine.

Oosterbeek: 1 MG forced to withdraw, One airborne unit taken under fire

The Island, polish units taken on by 3 Panthers and a lightly armed Wespe (why did its main gun have to malfunction). Mortar unit destroyed, MG and infantry unit suppressed

XXX still held up in Vehgel gives me time to move the body of my reinforcements south. Still debating if I can spare 3 panthers to go chasing Poles but think it is worth it to crush any threat from the rear to my defence of Nijmegen. The loss of the HQ unit should (I hope) give the allies communication problems and give me the decisive edge.

Post #: 46
O dear.. - 6/20/2003 6:24:32 PM   
LordCucumber

It seems the XXX corps commander got filled with holes. Really considering surrender here. I'll play this next turn and see how bad things go, ok?

Post #: 47
- 6/23/2003 3:53:01 PM   
LordCucumber

With the news of the fallen commander, things have deteriorated rapidly. Eventhough XXX corps is rolling through to Nijmegen, I have very little firepower left in the contested areas.

In Nijmegen small remnants of airborne troops try to hold off what seems a massive armoured counter attack.

In Groesbeek the enemy Stug remains in control and disperses my last men there.

In Arnhem a small group of Brits accompanied by a small group of Poles a bit more towards Oosterbeek hold positions along the Rhine.

The Poles on the southbank cannot stop the Panzers advancing on them.

We'll have to wait and see what XXX Corps can still do to save any of the key positions I suppose
:rolleyes:

Post #: 48
- 6/23/2003 5:20:59 PM   
RobW

From the south up:

Veghal: Infantry take out a British halftrack. Bunker fails to kill anything - think these troops will be lost this turn.

Nijmegen: Lose 1 half track to infantry in the west of town. Consolidating as much as possible wiating for the onslaught

Arnhem: Airborne units found in the north of town. Need troops in to take them out (or do I)? Took out a 6lber sitting in the south of town - didn't see any sign of his so called Polish airborne - perhaps they all ran away.
Grooesbeek: town is mine (again)

Oosterbeek: Didn't see anything this turn.

The Island: polish units still being persued by 3 panthers. Drivers are getting pbrave - need to rein them in a bit.

OK, Germans have the upperhand. XXX Corps seems fragmented - still units lurking within 4 hexes of the start taking on part units of German infantry. Vehgel has held up at least 3 units ( 1 Sherman, 1 Churchill and 1 Churchill Crocodile) so there can't be all that much moving to Nijmegen (unless I have missed something). Nijmegen will not fall (parts of it may become hot for the Germans but THe allies will not last long in the city.

Post #: 49
- 6/23/2003 5:27:19 PM   
LordCucumber

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RobW
[B]Nijmegen will not fall. [/B][/QUOTE]

We'll just SEE about THAT :mad: ;) :D

Post #: 50
- 6/23/2003 6:52:56 PM   
LordCucumber

"Blue leader this is Blue one.. I have visual contact with the target, I repeat I have visual contact!" "Engage at will Blue one.. boy will the Poles be happy to see you!". The Poles on the south bank cheer as a Typhoon comes in low, hammering away at one of the Panthers, which is blown into tiny bits by the attack run.
"This is Blue leader, I am preparing for my run.. Target sighted..!"

The remaining troops at Nijmegen make a desperate attempt to stand their ground.. a German halftrack is taken out by a mortar team and German infantry gets some fire from a rifflesquad nearby..

Meanwhile, the armored column reaches Grave and prepares to deal with Nijmegen as soon as the infantry is ready.

From Arnhem there is no word as of yet. It is likely the remaining scotsmen have surrendered. The Poles still make an interesting stand on the north bank. A nearby mortar takes out a German dingy trying to reach the other side.

As dire as things look, I may still vie for supremacy SOUTH of the river Rhine :D

Post #: 51
- 6/24/2003 3:01:55 PM   
RobW

From the south up:

Veghal: Bunker still lives and finally takes out the Churchill AVRE

Nijmegen: Sporadic firefight to the west of town and force 1 airnborne unit in the south to wander in the woods

Arnhem: Wespe bought in and fires large calliber shells at the remaining British airborne. They withdraw into the buildings - Hopefully this is the last resistance in the town itself

Oosterbeek: Take out an MG that was firing from the south of the river. Do not know where the Poles and few remaining Brits are - no doubt they will reappear some time

The Island: More Poles disperse as my remaining 2 Panthers round them up.

Appearance of air support is unnerving. Hopefully it will not have much bearing on the outcome - fortress nijmegen is now ready for anything the Allies can throw at us. I feel he is going to be sneaky and undertake a river-borne assault to the west of the town. I shall let him be sneaky and just wait til he falls into my very large trap.

Post #: 52
- 6/24/2003 7:59:41 PM   
LordCucumber

"Blue one this is Blue leader.. I've taken out another German self propelled gun.. It seems our Polish friends are retreating.. they did their job well.. Let's head for home.."

A Typhoon turns away after a succesfull kill. The Polish men near Arnhem, having been completely exposed, are ordered to retreat into the woods. The Polish commander unit tries to take out another Panzer while falling back but fails. No word from the British units in Arnhem.

Meanwhile, XXX corps breaks through to Nijmegen. A Panther there is taken out of commission and some German crewmen discover what it is like being fired upon by several bow machineguns at once.

In Veghel, attempts are made to assault or blow up the remaining bunker. Wy do these stupid Germans not give up? There is nothing left for them, they are utterly surrounded by allied troops and still they keep on fighting.

If this keeps up, I may get more than a draw..

Post #: 53
- 6/25/2003 2:21:34 PM   
RobW

From the south up:

Veghal: Bunker still lives and is still inflicting damage. British infantry is forced to withdraw and take out an unloaded truck.

Nijmegen: Patience, patience....let him come to me. Need to control things here - this is the crucial part of the battle. If all goes to plan he will be anhialated within sight of the bridges.

Arnhem: Town finally seems secure but the willy-meter on an ammo carrier shows some pesky Brits are sneaking round.

Oosterbeek: 1 remaining Polish unit is found but also found to be too strong at te moment. Think I will leave them in peacde and see what they try to do.

The Island: 2 Panthers still at large seeking out Polish airborne. I think I can wrap this part up just in time to add these units to the defense of Nijmegen.

Ok, so his airsupport took out a Panther and a Wespe (by the way the Wespe only had is MG up and running so no real loss to me ;-)) but I don't think this will stop me. Armour seen approaching Nijmegen is weaker than it started out - the last battle is approaching.

Post #: 54
- 6/25/2003 3:15:00 PM   
LordCucumber

Rob: I've installed the latest OOB files. You should get an error message about security of the files, but the scenario should run fine.

Troops at Nijmegen prepare for the assault. More armor and infantry arrives at the scene. The showdown will be here then and not at Arnhem. The British replacement commander expects the town to be heavily fortified by the time they engage in battle.

South of Arnhem, Polish troops engage some SS who try to cross the river. Mortars take some of them out and they retreat into the mortar squad! I consider them lost.

The Polish commander unit scouts ahead for the second panther but it does not find it. Meanwhile an MG unit takes on the remaining (first) panther. As long as they are tied up here, they cannot assist south, which is useful to me.

About that trap, Rob: whatever you are doing, it cannot possibly be wise to post it here. I have my own plan and I will stick to it no matter what BS you post :D

Post #: 55
- 6/25/2003 6:44:31 PM   
RobW

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cyricist
[B]About that trap, Rob: whatever you are doing, it cannot possibly be wise to post it here. I have my own plan and I will stick to it no matter what BS you post :D [/B][/QUOTE]

me, BS, never - too many people on here will tell you my tactical awareness is non-existent - was only joking - promise

Post #: 56
- 6/25/2003 7:09:41 PM   
RobW

From the south up:

Veghal: Bunker still lives but is too suppressed to fire

Nijmegen: Armour joins the battle - 2 Panthers and a Stug open the barrage forcing 2 Shermans to be abandoned and taken under fire and I hope slightly shaken. Also British Platton HQ forced to withdraw and 1 15cwt taken under fire

Arnhem: Sneaky Brit takes out a fully funtional Wespe and another panzershrek - town seems to be more inhabited than I thought

Oosterbeek: 1 remaining Polish unit and disperesed. Infantry make it safely to the other side - lets see if we can find anything else. 2nd Panther returns and shoots at a Polish airborne unit to no effect.

No more comments about traps, plans or anything forthcoming - lets just see who has the hardest punch left

Post #: 57
- 6/26/2003 1:42:59 AM   
LordCucumber

Nijmegen becomes hell for both Germans and Allies as mighty forces clash in senseless slaughter (umm.. well almost, since I only made a few infantry casualties).

In Arnhem, Polish troops make a German squad run.

Nothing much else to report really.. The allied force hopes it will gain a breakthrough at Nijmegen or at least force the Germans back..

Post #: 58
- 6/26/2003 2:21:01 PM   
RobW

From the south up:

Veghal: Bunker still fires at a truck but misses

Nijmegen: Trade of 1 Stug for 1 Sherman - think I got the better of this. And finally I find some 75mm artillery and set about its destruction - first gun dies under assault by German infantry

Arnhem: 2 Brit airborne units still at large - getting closer to wiping them out. Manage to destroy a Bren Carrier lurking in the south of the town.

Grooesbeek: town is mine

Oosterbeek: Oosterbeek - risking leaving undefended - lets see if the hex changes colour!

Want to surrender yet - taking an uneducated guess you cannot break through at nijmegen. Unless I have seriously miss counted your armour it must nearly all be dead

Post #: 59
- 6/26/2003 8:06:45 PM   
LordCucumber

Taken out a Panther at Nijmegen this turn, but that is about it. Lost 2 British armor to concentrated enemy fire. I am maintaining my hold on things, but barely..

Rob, I have nothing to stop those two Koningtigers, and I will play one more round to see if I can maintain my hold. If not (and I noticed your encircle move, so I suppose I won't) I will hit F9.

It was a good game, and unless I am very lucky next round, consider it won by you.

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI