Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 6/27/2003 2:27:40 PM   
RobW

From the south up:

Eindhoven: town lost

Veghal: Bunker suppressed

Grave: The town is lost.

Nijmegen: Take out a Churchill crocodile and force a couple of infantry units to retreat. Thikn this leaves you with some infantry, another crocodile, an AVRE coming up the road and I am fairly sure I saw a Sherman vanish over a hill last turn that I can't find this. I now have 2 King Tigers, 2 Panther, 2 Wespes on the south side of the river and some infantry.

Arnhem: Pesky engineers disperse finally. Top the south there are some super human Brits in a building - they fought of 4 attacks from various German units!

Grooesbeek: town is mine

Oosterbeek: town is mine

Don't know if you want to surrender - think you still have the remnants of XXX Coprs - perhaps a fiting retreat could be attempted? If you do surrender let me know your password so I can see what you had left and I will send you mine

(in reply to LordCucumber)
Post #: 61
Thank you guys for nice report. - 6/27/2003 4:44:28 PM   
mandreads

This was a fun thread to read thru. If I could only have the map available so that I could track the happenings locations.

This really inspired me to try this scenario sometime (I play mostly generated battles).

Post #: 62
- 6/27/2003 10:24:54 PM   
LordCucumber

mandreads: just look for Market Garden on the net and you will find some very good maps of the entire area described here.

Post #: 63
- 6/27/2003 10:41:29 PM   
LordCucumber

Nijmegen is becoming a slaughterhouse for tanks so it seems. If the allies lose one more tank without gaining a hit against an enemy panzer, they are going for a retreat!

The troops at Arnhem have all but vanished. A couple of Poles hold position on the south bank.

Nothing much else to report, other than that more British infantry is hauled to the woods near Nijmegen.

Post #: 64
- 6/30/2003 7:05:53 PM   
RobW

OK, short & Sweet

Arnhem - final (I hope & pray) British unit dispered.

Nijmegen. 2 King Tigers, a Stug and 2 Panthers still at lerge. British tanks are abandoned all over the place but no sign of their crews. Find next 75mm gun but the infantry assaulting it are replused - does this affect the outcome I wonder?

Post #: 65
- 6/30/2003 8:31:22 PM   
LordCucumber

The battle for Nijmegen rages on. A retreatplan has been made. Things are relatively quiet this turn, the British only blow up one halftrack. The line is holding, but for how long...

(The battle is really bogging down now.. but I seem to have had some luck with some of the stuck armor.. hopefully it will remain unstuck..)

Post #: 66
- 7/1/2003 3:58:42 PM   
RobW

in the island I found and destroyed a Polish mortar - lets ee who else is around.

Nijmegen - traded 1 Stug for a Churchill Crocodile. CAn also see to AVREs on the other bank of the canal - think this is about who has armour to spare. Infantry again failed to make any impression on the 75mm artillery to the south of town.

Post #: 67
- 7/1/2003 6:19:49 PM   
LordCucumber

The Germans are making a big push at Nijmegen. It is by no means certain the British can hold the line there, not with the current amount of armor.

Rob, if I do hit F9, are we looking at pointscore or at the words 'Decisive Victory'? ;)

Oh well.. at least my Brits can still throw empty ration cans at the Germans.. :rolleyes:

Post #: 68
- 7/2/2003 2:45:52 PM   
RobW

I guess it depends on which one gives me the victory!!!!

Post #: 69
- 7/2/2003 5:03:16 PM   
LordCucumber

Hmmmm.. that's what I thought.. :rolleyes:

Post #: 70
- 7/2/2003 6:47:51 PM   
RobW

i think if you surrender then it would be taken as I have beaten you but thats not a problem. Have enjoyed playing the game - has been very challenging and good for me to learn with pre-defined forces so will take whatever the system says if you F9.

Post #: 71
- 7/2/2003 7:15:52 PM   
M4Jess

I F9d when I played the allies and Hawk was the Germans..I made across to the Island...but could go no futher...we had a blast! :)

I hope you guys had as much fun...

BTW we made it to turn 40 somthing...how far did you get?

Jess

Im making war, not trouble~

Post #: 72
- 7/2/2003 7:41:31 PM   
RobW

mid to high 20s i think. Yes its a great scenario Jess & thanks for putting all the effort in

Post #: 73
- 7/2/2003 10:02:46 PM   
LordCucumber

Hwo about my turn (assuming you've played it?).. Or did my mail not get to you?

Post #: 74
- 7/3/2003 12:12:04 AM   
RobW

good quesiton - last one I sent you was yesterday morning. If you have played since then then no I havn't got it - if you havn't I will resend

Post #: 75
- 7/3/2003 1:29:41 AM   
LordCucumber

It seems I forgot to send it. My bad. I had a rather weird week so far, so I forgot less urgent matters it seems. Sorry :)

Post #: 76
- 7/3/2003 1:51:43 AM   
RobW

something more urgent than SPWAW? Never!!!! Not to worry - I am having a dire week (the only bright spot is I am on vaccation for two weeks from the 10th July!). Just send when you get time

Post #: 77
- 7/6/2003 8:33:56 PM   
LordCucumber

actually.. I did send it.. ummm.. but if you did not get it I will try using my new account instead of my old hotmail to send it again..

Post #: 78
- 7/7/2003 2:26:19 PM   
RobW

ok, have sent you the last turn I made - if you have played since this please meial me the files

Post #: 79
- 7/7/2003 6:34:03 PM   
LordCucumber

I will use alternate mail.. I did play this I think..

Post #: 80
- 7/7/2003 7:19:41 PM   
RobW

turn made. Bit of a bad one for the Germans this time - lost 1 Wespe and 1 half track trying to rout the 75mm artillery to he south of Nijmegen. Managed to force some of his units to withdraw from the west of the city.

Post #: 81
- 7/8/2003 5:09:23 AM   
LordCucumber

The chaos remains outside Nijmegen as the Germans push the British forces back. A German counterattack at the Grave bridge is uncovered and a .30 machinegun nest takes on a German infantrysquad, sending them running. A German halftrack sits very closeby.. too close for comfort as it hinders the British troops crossing the bridge! A Leyland hippo is lost to German fire as reinforcements try to cross the bridge to stop the counter attack.

I think I will leave that F9 alone some more for now :D

Post #: 82
- 7/8/2003 2:47:47 PM   
RobW

Nijmegen - British engineers and infantry withdraw under assault from 2 King Tigers, 2 Panthers and 2 panzershrecks. The 75mm artillery park is taken underfire by numerous infantry units trying to take them before they can regroup and return fire.

Grave, small infantry probe finds massed infantry, a APC and a churchill crocodile holding the town in stength. Manage to force some of theinfantry to withdraw slightly.

Need to force the path between Nijmegen and Grave to allow easy assault down the road. This battle could still go either way.

No signs of the Poles - not 100% confident I have taken them all out - suspect he is moving them somewhere safer......

Post #: 83
- 7/8/2003 7:21:47 PM   
LordCucumber

Even though the British are seemingly in full retreat, they manage to take out one of the lead Panther Ds in the fields south of Nijmegen. Also a halftrack is blown to tiny bits, it's infantry sent running..

This isn't over just yet :D

Post #: 84
- 7/9/2003 2:37:30 PM   
RobW

Not much happens this turn. Cause some casualties amongst various British infantry units and also the 75mm artillery south of Nijmegen.

Post #: 85
- 7/9/2003 7:27:39 PM   
LordCucumber

We will call it a draw, guys... We could slug it out in the Dutch mud for hours more, but winning would be a matter of sheer luck (in both our cases, as I did keep destroying armor consequently while he nibbled on my infantry). Let's just say British troops fell back to the Grave bridge and signed a cease fire offered by the very generous German commander ;).. at least in our version of the battle.

Post #: 86
- 7/9/2003 8:48:03 PM   
RobW

I took his surrender quite ammicably - whats your password so I can see what you had left - mine is dpyrww

Post #: 87
- 7/10/2003 4:54:58 AM   
LordCucumber

I PM-ed you my password :D

Post #: 88
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI