Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Quick dumb question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Quick dumb question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Quick dumb question - 2/22/2018 1:29:30 AM   
panzerwilly2

Hi, in the scenario Deter, Detect, and Defend (CF-105 version). When I try to plot a course for an air unit in BC air space, it always seems to want to route way south around the ABZ barrier that you can't fly west or north of and then all the way back in again. Is it best to just set up an air patrol mission inside the barrier and not plot any courses? I think I'm missing something obvious somehow.
Post #: 1
RE: Quick dumb question - 2/22/2018 1:47:30 AM   
thewood1

Might be helpful to post a save. It could be any number of things going on.

If you can't post a save, a little more detail might help.

(in reply to panzerwilly2)
Post #: 2
RE: Quick dumb question - 2/22/2018 1:54:30 AM   
thewood1

I just looked at the sceanrio. Path plotting can have issues now and then with weirdly shaped no nav zones.

This is why a save is important. I have no idea where the CF-105 started from and where you are sending it.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: Quick dumb question - 2/22/2018 1:59:10 AM   
thewood1

I just launched a couple CF-105s and had them go all over the place. No issues. Are you using 1.14?

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 4
RE: Quick dumb question - 2/22/2018 2:39:40 AM   
panzerwilly2

Unfortunately when I try to attach the save it says file not supported. Something about C/fakepath too. I have version 1.14 build 998.4. When I launch the pair of CF-105's from Comox and set them a path into north central BC. they track ok for a while, but then the path changes and detours south of the no fly barrier and back in again.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
RE: Quick dumb question - 2/22/2018 3:55:58 AM   
thewood1

It has to be a zip.

That description isn't helpful. How close to the no nav zone, speed, etc.? The save will help.

Post #: 6
RE: Quick dumb question - 2/22/2018 4:53:52 AM   
Randomizer

I wrote the scenario so can maybe provide some help once you provide a save. Trying it in the latest build and launching the alert Arrows at Comox seemed to work as intended so looking forward to reproducing what you're seeing.

-C

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 7
RE: Quick dumb question - 2/22/2018 4:44:34 PM   
panzerwilly2

OK guys I've attached the game file in a zip. :-) Thanks for all the help!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Randomizer)
Post #: 8
RE: Quick dumb question - 2/22/2018 5:28:59 PM   
Randomizer

quote:

ORIGINAL: panzerwilly2

OK guys I've attached the game file in a zip. :-) Thanks for all the help!

The Arrows are part of a CAP mission that you created and are engaged offensive so they are prioritizing their mission over your inputs. Remove them from the mission (unassign using "U") and you can give them orders using F3 to fly anywhere up to the NORAD Region 25 no-fly boundary.

Units on CAP, particularly very large patrol areas like you have created here can sometimes act as you're seeing when confronted with unknown targets outside of their patrol area. Your NORAD CAP mission is set up to investigate contacts outside the patrol area but the unknown contacts are all west of the NORAD no-fly boundary that they cannot enter. These conflicting requirements is probably causing the behaviour that you're seeing.

Smaller CAP patrol areas coupled with suitable prosecution zones are often superior to large, deep patrol zones that can disperse your assets.

Hope that you enjoy the scenario.

-C

Post #: 9
RE: Quick dumb question - 2/22/2018 10:19:04 PM   
panzerwilly2

Oh yes ... I see that now! Thanks for the help. Easy to learn the mechanics of the game, but a lot of things to consider. Thanks Wood and Randomizer!

(in reply to Randomizer)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Quick dumb question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI