Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aircraft research revisited (again)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Aircraft research revisited (again) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aircraft research revisited (again) - 2/25/2018 9:55:20 AM   
Chris21wen

Sorry guys nothing I can find answer why.

It's the 3 July 43.

In the pic the A6M5b is shown in blue and at 100% researched. Obviously I can change to the A6M5c to carry on as a research facility as I have done with the other two but if I do research will stop and I won't get the a/c until next month. If I leave it the facility goes directly into production when this turn is run. I don't want it to do that, I want it to remain in research.

Now I thought with Prod set to No this would prevent the facility going into production. Wrong it doesn't; neither does any other combination of switches as I've tried them all. I'm convinced that at one stage in the game's evolution that this switch did work like that so, is it me, a bug or something else

Basically other than changing now how can I stop it going into production.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Aircraft research revisited (again) - 2/25/2018 11:06:09 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

I don't get it - you don't want to upgrade the research facility to the 5c and you don't want to turn the facility into a production factory for the 5b either, you want to continue researching a plane that has reached 100% - why?

Either you build the 5b or you research the 5c, or you switch research to a different model - there are no other options.

As far as I know it is not possible to research past 100% in order to advance the 5b into July.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2
RE: Aircraft research revisited (again) - 2/25/2018 11:52:31 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

I don't get it - you don't want to upgrade the research facility to the 5c and you don't want to turn the facility into a production factory for the 5b either, you want to continue researching a plane that has reached 100% - why?

Either you build the 5b or you research the 5c, or you switch research to a different model - there are no other options.

As far as I know it is not possible to research past 100% in order to advance the 5b into July.

That's not what I said. I want it to go to 5c which I can do now. I do not want it to go into production as the 5b which is what it will do next turn if I just leave it. Look at the date, it's the 3rd of the month if I change to the 5c now I'll have to wait until the end of the month to be able to change my existing 5 into the 5b.

Perhaps I'm forgetting something here but I thought the a/c stayed blue for one turn after it came online and was listed in the air column. It doesn't.

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 3
RE: Aircraft research revisited (again) - 2/25/2018 11:57:40 AM   
Chris21wen

Like the J1N1 has just done.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 4
RE: Aircraft research revisited (again) - 2/25/2018 12:31:07 PM   
Lowpe

Set production to NO. When R&D reaches 101, the factory switches to AIR, but remains Blue as long as no planes of that particular model are built by any factory. From the Air screen, select the blue factory and upgrade it back into R&D from the choices on the right of the screen, you will be able to go to A6M5c and remain undamaged.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 5
RE: Aircraft research revisited (again) - 2/25/2018 2:21:21 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Set production to NO. When R&D reaches 101, the factory switches to AIR, but remains Blue as long as no planes of that particular model are built by any factory. From the Air screen, select the blue factory and upgrade it back into R&D from the choices on the right of the screen, you will be able to go to A6M5c and remain undamaged.

This is the kind of User Interface quirk I hate.
I want to fight the enemy,, not the UI. Would it be so hard to add a button to do this?

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 6
RE: Aircraft research revisited (again) - 2/25/2018 2:53:54 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

Sorry I already tried that it did not work. As I said I tried ever single combination of switches available and it did not ever go into the blue on the air column. Problem now is I've just %&"% over written the save having thought I'd saved elsewhere. Also. as I have over 500 engine it will never go to 101.

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 7
RE: Aircraft research revisited (again) - 2/25/2018 2:56:55 PM   
Chris21wen

Sometime ago I post a problem with this but it always happened when the research at 100 coincided with the end of the month.  In this case it's not, close mind.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 8
RE: Aircraft research revisited (again) - 2/25/2018 3:19:30 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris21wen

quote:

Sorry I already tried that it did not work. As I said I tried ever single combination of switches available and it did not ever go into the blue on the air column. Problem now is I've just %&"% over written the save having thought I'd saved elsewhere. Also. as I have over 500 engine it will never go to 101.

I am afraid I need a screen picture to see that. A blue factory can switch back to r&d from the Air screen or can select production models to switch into.

If that is not the case, then it is a bug due to something.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 9
RE: Aircraft research revisited (again) - 2/25/2018 5:52:43 PM   
rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris21wen

Sorry guys nothing I can find answer why.

It's the 3 July 43.

In the pic the A6M5b is shown in blue and at 100% researched. Obviously I can change to the A6M5c to carry on as a research facility as I have done with the other two but if I do research will stop and I won't get the a/c until next month. If I leave it the facility goes directly into production when this turn is run. I don't want it to do that, I want it to remain in research.

Now I thought with Prod set to No this would prevent the facility going into production. Wrong it doesn't; neither does any other combination of switches as I've tried them all. I'm convinced that at one stage in the game's evolution that this switch did work like that so, is it me, a bug or something else

Basically other than changing now how can I stop it going into production.

OK, I think I have an answer. Flip the 'Upgd' column from yes to no. Let the turn go to the next day. The A6M5b will flip to production but you may switch it back to R&D as there's a one day grace if you do it this way. All you need to do to switch it back is to click on the 'Type' (i.e. A6M5b) and pick the R&D A/C from the right side of the screen. Don't switch any of your other buttons as they look good to me.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 10
RE: Aircraft research revisited (again) - 2/26/2018 6:18:59 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

OK, I think I have an answer. Flip the 'Upgd' column from yes to no. Let the turn go to the next day. The A6M5b will flip to production but you may switch it back to R&D as there's a one day grace if you do it this way. All you need to do to switch it back is to click on the 'Type' (i.e. A6M5b) and pick the R&D A/C from the right side of the screen. Don't switch any of your other buttons as they look good to me.

Tried it it did not work. At no time did the the 5b ever go blue in the air column no matter what combination of switches I used.

I'd love to paste an pic of the next day but as I said I overwrote the save.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 11
RE: Aircraft research revisited (again) - 2/26/2018 12:47:18 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

Sorry, I'm still trying to understand - you want the M5b to go into production "in blue" (like the Irving in your screenshot), but only in order to change the M5 prod factories to M5b ("if I change to the 5c now I'll have to wait until the end of the month to be able to change my existing 5 into the 5b."), and then change the M5b back from production into researching the M5c?

For me, the M5b not going "blue" in prod (Air) in 7/43 seems to be normal. The M5b is available 8/43, not 7/43. I don't think further research is possible to advance the M5b from 8/43 into 7/43 when you are already in 7/43. The research facility for the M5b should stay "blue" in RD Air until 8/43 and then switch to production, unless of course you switch it to M5c or something else. It should not switch to production (blue or not) in 7/43 since the airframe isn't available yet. With the same logic you cannot switch the M5 to M5b in 7/43, because the M5b is not available yet.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 12
RE: Aircraft research revisited (again) - 2/26/2018 1:04:09 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Sorry, I'm still trying to understand - you want the M5b to go into production "in blue" (like the Irving in your screenshot), but only in order to change the M5 prod factories to M5b ("if I change to the 5c now I'll have to wait until the end of the month to be able to change my existing 5 into the 5b."), and then change the M5b back from production into researching the M5c?

For me, the M5b not going "blue" in prod (Air) in 7/43 seems to be normal. The M5b is available 8/43, not 7/43. I don't think further research is possible to advance the M5b from 8/43 into 7/43 when you are already in 7/43. The research facility for the M5b should stay "blue" in RD Air until 8/43 and then switch to production, unless of course you switch it to M5c or something else. It should not switch to production (blue or not) in 7/43 since the airframe isn't available yet. With the same logic you cannot switch the M5 to M5b in 7/43, because the M5b is not available yet.

His screen pictures simply don't give enough information.

My take is it is July 3, 1943. The 5b is still scheduled for a 8/43 arrival date and r&d is at 100%. One more day of research by a size thirty facility will advance the 5b from Aug of 43 to July of 43.

Then he wants to advance the 5 to 5b, and move the existing r&d 5b forward to r&d the 5c.

He should have one day to do this. However he has the factories currently making the 5 set to upgrade Yes. I suspect they might have auto upgraded and made some 5b...and any production of the 5b will prevent the one day grace period for the 5b r&d facility to switch back into r&d.

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 13
RE: Aircraft research revisited (again) - 2/26/2018 5:11:46 PM   
rustysi

quote:

My take is it is July 3, 1943. The 5b is still scheduled for a 8/43 arrival date and r&d is at 100%. One more day of research by a size thirty facility will advance the 5b from Aug of 43 to July of 43.

Then he wants to advance the 5 to 5b, and move the existing r&d 5b forward to r&d the 5c.

He should have one day to do this. However he has the factories currently making the 5 set to upgrade Yes. I suspect they might have auto upgraded and made some 5b...and any production of the 5b will prevent the one day grace period for the 5b r&d facility to switch back into r&d.

OK, that all sounds good. I suggest you turn all 'upgd' off and try again. Its usually what I do anyway as I've had things happen that I didn't want. Like the Val1 going to the Val2. Val2 has shorter range, and who needs that. I've found that doing all things manually in the game usually works better.

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 14
RE: Aircraft research revisited (again) - 2/26/2018 8:56:58 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

Correct

quote:

He should have one day to do this.

I should have, yes.

quote:

However he has the factories currently making the 5 set to upgrade Yes. I suspect they might have auto upgraded and made some 5b...and any production of the 5b will prevent the one day grace period for the 5b r&d facility to switch back into r&d.

Wrong this never happened. The 5 did not upgrade to the 5b. The researched 5b went directly into production as a 5b. There was no blue stage under the air column as in the J1N1 example.

Problem is I cannot prove it as I messed up and overwrote the save so I'll drop it.

However you are all warned that there is a bug.

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 15
RE: Aircraft research revisited (again) - 2/28/2018 9:44:41 PM   
rustysi

quote:

Don't think so, but I do remember having a problem as things seemed to have changed somehow. Or maybe I just don't remember correctly, quite possible. I haven't had an aircraft upgrade for a while in my game. I'll report back when I do. Its easy for me to try whatever it takes to get what I what because I'm playing the AI. The 'no' under production should be the key, not under 'upgd' as I was saying. I just couldn't remember what I had done to get through this event. IIRC when I had it set to 'no' for production I could left click on the aircraft name and all planes were available in the right column for replacement. This is under the 'Air' column. Even though the aircraft name was in yellow it still went back. At least that's what I think it was, been a while. I just clicked on the R&D model that I wanted, and the site reverted back to R&D. Thus the one day grace period. Catch is you have to let it go to the next day and the op doesn't have it. At any rate I'll be back after my next change. If I remember I'll get a few screen shots as well.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 16
RE: Aircraft research revisited (again) - 3/1/2018 5:45:48 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

quote:

Don't think so.

Just to point out that it works fine most of the time, but there is a combination of events that causes the problem. One being when it occurs on the last day of the month but this one wasn't, close mind so it may have something to do with it.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 17
RE: Aircraft research revisited (again) - 3/3/2018 9:13:41 AM   
Chris21wen

It did it again.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 18
RE: Aircraft research revisited (again) - 3/3/2018 9:15:47 AM   
Chris21wen

Solution but why it did not work with the A65B I do not know because I did exactly (possibly anyway) the same.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Aircraft research revisited (again) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI