Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM++ Unable to start game as first player

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> PBEM++ Unable to start game as first player Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM++ Unable to start game as first player - 3/1/2018 10:04:41 PM   
EpiScope42

Score: 0
Trying to start a private Host challenge, the 1939 scenario with me as the Axis, first player. After putting in the password, ensuring the Axis radio button is highlighted and clicking confirm, the window returns to the PBEM++ Online overview, the game is listed in "my challenges" but is grayed out and no way to start the Axis side. My opponent was unable to see the game in the challenge list. I was able to set up Host Challenges as the 2nd player, the Allied side in the 1939 scenario.

What am I doing wrong?

Is there a way to delete previous game that have been complete and are now grayed out?
Post #: 1
RE: PBEM++ Unable to start game as first player - 3/2/2018 5:04:12 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Hi EpiScope42,

I don't think you are doing anything wrong as you won't be able to start the challenge until your opponent has accepted, i.e. even though it will be you that is going first. Not sure why your opponent is not seeing the challenge on the list though... maybe a screenshot of his lobby as well as yours will help. Please send to support@furysoftware.com if you don't want to post publicly.

Older previous games that are complete are supposed to be automatically cleaned out by the PBEM++ server after several weeks.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

(in reply to EpiScope42)
Post #: 2
RE: PBEM++ Unable to start game as first player - 3/3/2018 3:25:07 PM   
EpiScope42

Hubert,

Thanks for the quick response. I will try to get screenshots of both lobbies and forward them on.

Cheers,
Michael

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
Spotaneous Resolution - RE: PBEM++ Unable to start game... - 3/3/2018 3:38:50 PM   
EpiScope42

Okay, the issue appears resolved; which is only because I made a tech support request. Now when I create a Host Challenge it 'immediately' appears on the 'open challenges' screen, in my lobby, which it wasn't the other day.

Michael

(in reply to EpiScope42)
Post #: 4
RE: Spotaneous Resolution - RE: PBEM++ Unable to start ... - 4/24/2018 9:06:36 PM   
bfcj

Any idea what was done to fix this? I am having the same problem -- create a new game and it only appears under MY CHALLENGES (not OPEN CHALLENGES) and I can't select it.

(in reply to EpiScope42)
Post #: 5
RE: Spotaneous Resolution - RE: PBEM++ Unable to start ... - 4/25/2018 1:03:23 AM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Hi bfcj,

From your description it sounds like everything is working as expected and this is only because your own challenges will not show in the OPEN CHALLENGES list because you cannot select to play your own challenge. Rather your challenges will only appear in the MY CHALLENGES column, but will show in the OPEN CHALLENGES list for everyone else.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

(in reply to bfcj)
Post #: 6
RE: Spotaneous Resolution - RE: PBEM++ Unable to start ... - 4/25/2018 1:05:42 AM   
bfcj

Awesome, thanks!

Ben.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> PBEM++ Unable to start game as first player Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI