Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't run game after downloading update

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray Support >> Can't run game after downloading update Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't run game after downloading update - 3/16/2018 10:12:04 PM   
kaiserw

Hello, I bought the game last week and it was running fine until I downloaded the update. I had 2 errors.

When installing error message said: "deletefile failed;code 5". It said press "ignore."

When trying to run game on load screen: "C:\\Program Files (x86) AGEods American Civil War\ACW\logs\! Main log.txt"

If needed, I'll uninstall and reinstall the original game without the update, unfortunately.

How do I fix this problem, please?

Steve
Post #: 1
RE: Can't run game after downloading update - 3/17/2018 7:28:33 AM   
zakblood

have you seen or followed or looked at my guide?

does it help?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4064238

if not re post and i'll do another with the latest windows version i have installed now

(in reply to kaiserw)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't run game after downloading update - 3/22/2018 12:38:20 AM   
kaiserw

Thanks alot for the quick reply. I'm not sure your guide helps. I have Windows 8.1. I guess I don't understand how to run the patch. Do I download the patch with the original game already installed, or is the "patch" a new version of the game? Maybe there's a conflict? Having trouble opening and running the patch. Original problem was I had the in game rules open while trying to run the patch. Maybe there was a conflict.Could you just tell me the steps in using the patch download? Thanks alot!

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't run game after downloading update - 3/22/2018 6:37:50 AM   
zakblood

you need to install the base game, as shown in the guide, doesn't matter on the o/s part and then install the latest patch, no need to install all patch, as here the latest patch is always inclusive of all patches to date.

installing as admin on the base game and patch will give the correct permissions and unless you have a really poor and unfriendly none game AV it all should work fine

(in reply to kaiserw)
Post #: 4
RE: Can't run game after downloading update - 3/22/2018 11:52:48 PM   
kaiserw

Thanks alot zakblood. I reinstalled a new base game and everything went smoothly.

Thanks!

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 5
RE: Can't run game after downloading update - 3/23/2018 5:46:29 AM   
zakblood

glad your sorted and can now enjoy the game

(in reply to kaiserw)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray Support >> Can't run game after downloading update Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI