Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 6/10/2001 11:27:00 PM   
Wild Bill

I very much appreciate your words, here commander. It is true and it is a phenomenon that I cannot explain. In reading over the history of a battle first, I cannot help but get a feel of the moment in my soul. While I do want to offer a nice gaming experience, I try to input something of the "feeling" of the moment for both sides. The 28th suffered horribly during November, 1944, and it appears that a lot of that was due not only to the deadliness of the terrain the Keystone Division faced, but the inept handling of the offensive by General Hodges and Gerow. Poor General Cota appears to have been the victim of the higher commande and poor communication. The men of the "Bloody Bucket" Division showed courage under fire and suffered horribly between November 2nd-13th, 1944. The idea of giving them time to recuperate and rebuild by being moved to a "quiet" sector of the frontlines did not work out too well either. But this is war, and the reality is that this is what war is about. Thanks, Commander...Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 31
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI