Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 5/11/2018 9:52:05 PM   
njp72

Southern India- Mop up mode at the moment with all key Allied strong points shattered.

Totalling the number of destroyed/smashed Indian Divs and brigades during the offensive thus far equals:

4 x Inf Divisions

6 x Indian Brigades

Not massive but hopefully it will take a long time to rebuild these units which should buy me some time.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 61
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 5/19/2018 1:08:17 AM   
njp72

China- again where much of the action has taken place.

Come very close to completely breaking the Chinese here but to the Allies credit they rallied and held on to a couple of key hexes. It was a very close, hard fought battle which was quite exciting despite failing to achieve the end goal. A hard fought contest against a skilled opponent always provides satisfaction/ enjoyment regardless of the outcome.

Right now the Army groups are reorganising and will once again start searching his flanks for gaps and weakness. No need to launch any frontal assaults against the Chinese on good defensive ground.

The upside here is the massive casualties sustained by the Chinese which is slowly eroding their ability to continually contest the critical hexes.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by njp72 -- 5/19/2018 1:11:16 AM >

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 62
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 5/19/2018 1:18:29 AM   
njp72

India- mopping up operations continue as the smashed up remnants of the Southern Indian Armies are slowly put to the sword.

The final total is not massive but plenty of Indian formations have been made combat ineffective. Calcutta has largely been abandoned and will fall in the next 5 days. Moving now to Bombay to recon how many forces are deployed in the city- my gut feel is it will be substantial and probably can't be taken.

The Allies deployed too far forward here and paid the price. I was a bit surprised at that given Michael's experience but his losses are certainly not fatal. Burma and Ceylon have also been seized without too much trouble.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by njp72 -- 5/19/2018 1:33:34 AM >

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 63
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 5/19/2018 1:25:54 AM   
njp72

Australia- the focus is now on Oz. I don't want to give the Allies any respite at all.

The invasion of WA has been pretty ordinary thus far. There is a British div (18th) holding Perth with some Australian brigades and I have failed to bring sufficient forces to take it in one hit. Rather than assaulting the superior firepower in Perth, I am in the process of shifting forces from the North in an attempt to cut him off. I would love to destroy the British division but I am sure the Allies know what I am up to.

* Another setback was Hiryu eating 2 x Dutch torps via a sub just off WA which has complicated the messiness of this whole Op. It should survive but it will cost a few weeks to sort the mess out.

The focus now will shift to the East coast of Oz as I keep him guessing and hitting him to keep the Allies off balance.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 64
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 5/19/2018 1:31:49 AM   
njp72

Not much happening any where else. Key Pacific islands have been captured but the Allies are making no moves..... yet.

My gut feel is his CVs are loitering around Melbourne/ Sydney but aren't looking for a fight.

I know he is concerned about the casualties his Indian forces have suffered but the sloppiness of my Perth adventure is starting to restore his confidence. I think April the Allies will start to become a little more aggressive.

Not sure how the Allies prevented the complete collapse of the Chinese lines this month but credit to him.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 65
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 5/29/2018 7:32:04 AM   
njp72

Dropped to the bottom of the page

Apr 1942- China

No more flanking attacks now. Plenty of smoke and straight up the guts with ample air and armor support. Really trying to break the Allies here in the next two weeks.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by njp72 -- 5/29/2018 7:51:18 AM >

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 66
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 5/29/2018 7:35:07 AM   
njp72

India- Bombay is a monster with over 40 units and it will never be taken- I'm not going to try.

Digging in around Calcutta and wait for the Allies to come to me.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 67
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 5/29/2018 7:37:18 AM   
njp72

Taken a few islands/ atolls to protect my flank including Diego Garcia.

An Indian brigade was perched there but not anymore

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 68
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 5/29/2018 7:40:39 AM   
njp72

Western Australia- All the action here died off once I threatened the east coast of Australia. A bluff that kind of worked..... maybe....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 69
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 5/29/2018 7:43:26 AM   
njp72

All the recent action has been the east coast of Oz and New Caledonia.

Starting to get some traction here and drive the Australians south. The possibilities of the large air bases are tempting to do some strat bombing

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 70
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 5/29/2018 7:49:40 AM   
njp72

Scoreboard

I have been burning a lot of fuel as taskforces head all over the map and yet fuel has never been an issue in late games for me.

I am also spread very thin with Sce 1 forces spread from Ceylon, Southern India, both sides of Oz and the central pacific (Midway etc). This I believe will only be dangerous if I remain tied to static positions and aren't prepare to move. I am not interested in accumulating territory but I am interested in fixing and destroying his land based units.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 71
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 5/29/2018 1:10:41 PM   
PaxMondo

with your pace and holding the initiative, you should be fine for a bit ...

Pax

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 72
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 5/29/2018 11:39:56 PM   
njp72

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

with your pace and holding the initiative, you should be fine for a bit ...

thanks Pax, yes agree.

Michael is definitely stockpiling and concentrating his forces out of view. Perhaps in May I might see the first real push.

I don't discount a stab at the Northern islands to unbalance me and slow me down.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 73
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 5/30/2018 3:26:56 AM   
PaxMondo

Agreed, he might try something. But you are hitting him quite fast and his commonwealth forces should be in disarray. The only thing he has will be US forces. Haven't seen signs yet of them appearing in India (risky on his part). So yes, maybe he is planning something in the North, maybe you create a welcome party for him. If he is focused in the south, well that really doesn't bother me much. You're already sealing OZ from him.

Bombay: 40 units doesn't mean much. I would really want to know what is there. Does he have US forces there? If so, interesting. If not, there is a good chance you could take it. A lot of the starting India units are small and useless. You've already wrecked several of the better Indian divisions … recon with one of the small recon ARM units may be worth the price of admission to see the units at that base. That intel would be very useful … but I am always about intel and recon … choose as you see fit …

Pax

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 74
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 5/30/2018 1:09:05 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

ORIGINAL: njp72
Perhaps in May I might see the first real push.

Wow, step back and look at the map and scorecard. The only thing in May you will see is nibbling at the edges and safe raids where the KB isn't and most likely not even that.

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 75
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 5/30/2018 6:53:40 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

quote:

Perhaps in May I might see the first real push.

Wow, step back and look at the map and scorecard. The only thing in May you will see is nibbling at the edges and safe raids where the KB isn't and most likely not even that.

Agreed, unless he has NO US units in India ... if he has +3 ID's bought out and not sent to India/OZ, then he might try something either North or South ... all speculation. I would want to learn where those US ID's are ..

< Message edited by PaxMondo -- 5/30/2018 7:16:47 PM >

Pax

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 76
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 6/19/2018 8:13:30 AM   
njp72

Thanks guys, terribly slack on updating but will try now to bring everything up to date.

Game moves at a very good speed and Michael (NY Giants) is proving every bit a challenging opponent as I suspected he would be.

I have move deliberately across a wide area of the map to trap and destroy isolated Allied Army Units and develop strong points. I don't intend to stay and fight at some of the positions but am keen to draw Allied navy forces into the fray.

Thus far the Allies haven't played the game except to engage me aggressively with his subs. Alas the horrific news of late has been the sinking of Akagi by an Allied sub off the coast of Fiji .

Obviously this has paused my operations for a bit as I regroup.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 77
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 6/19/2018 8:16:18 AM   
njp72

China- building here for the end game as I try to break through into better terrain.

I suspect Chungking will be besieged in the next 2 months but it will be early 43 before I take the beast. Still a happy area of operations.

We are playing the gnarly roads version but I haven't noticed a difference at all nor has it slowed down my ops.

NY Giants has been very good at maximising the defensive terrain combined with stacking limits.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 78
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 6/19/2018 8:17:32 AM   
njp72

Ceylon- nothing really happening here. Digging in and waiting for him to make a move.

Heavy sig traffic is often detected at Karachi so I think he will make a move soon.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 79
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 6/19/2018 8:19:08 AM   
njp72

Burma- digging in here as well. All offensive ops have been halted.

Enjoying the industry of Calcutta immensely.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 80
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 6/19/2018 8:20:50 AM   
njp72

Oz- took Perth after a bit of a fight and then moved to the east coast of Oz.

Nothing too drastic but did engage in some low risk strat bombing to make the score board look a bit better

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 81
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 6/19/2018 8:21:20 AM   
njp72

Oz- continued

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 82
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 6/19/2018 8:24:05 AM   
njp72

Manilla- the final fight now occurring.

The Allies abandoned everything and dug in at Manilla. I am hitting them with BB bombardments every 2nd or 3rd. Approx 100K of Allied troops here who will last another 2 to 3 weeks.

Michael was surprised I would use BBs to blow them out of this position because of the damage to the industry. In reality I was never ever going to get of rid of them with out resorting to massive force.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 83
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 6/19/2018 8:27:40 AM   
njp72

Fiji- dear God the pain. A simple smash and grab which has led to considerable agony.

Akagi took two Torps but she continued to burn and her engines were shot. I try to put into the nearest port but of course the Allies were waiting for that and boom Michael doesn't miss with his subs.

Meanwhile 20K + of IJA troops are stranded whilst I contemplate on withdrawal or a full on assault. Unfortunately not too many troops are currently available due to Manilla which is limiting my options.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 84
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 6/19/2018 8:28:34 AM   
njp72

Some other defensive real estate I have seized and frantically digging in.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 85
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 6/19/2018 8:29:05 AM   
njp72

And some more: Midway is also heavily fortified now.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by njp72 -- 6/19/2018 8:30:44 AM >

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 86
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 6/19/2018 8:37:22 AM   
njp72

Scoreboard: June 42

Well the Allies were off balance and I even sensed some despair coming into May 42, but through some good incompetence and dumb predictability on my behalf I have managed to allow Michael to well and truly regained his mojo and cause harm. Allied air and naval activity have increased dramatically once Akagi kissed the bottom of the ocean.

Number one issue at the moment is Fiji (reinforce or withdraw) and his ability to continue to hit my CVs with his subs (3 thus far, 1 dead).

My subs have been placed around the key terrain waiting for an opportunity to strike as he starts to go slowly on the offensive. Barely sighted anything thus far worth sinking.

Interesting time of the game but the easy times are now over. Good fun whilst they lasted

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 87
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 6/19/2018 10:09:48 AM   
ITAKLinus

A couple of things:

1) apparently in the MOD Japan gets incredibly stronger than in standard Scen1. Is it possible to hold a part of your conquests in the mid-term ? (either India or Australia)
2) Manchukuo Garrison at 8862?! I mean, how have you achieved that? I'm in Scen1 a couple of months before you and I still have Manchurian Garrison intact due to PP limitations

Broadly speaking, if you haven't seen his unrestricted reinforcements divisions, he will counterattack somewhere. Or he's garrisoning heavily both P.H. and Karachi: since their loss would be a fatal blow

Autovictory seems quite close

Francesco

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 88
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 6/19/2018 10:39:30 AM   
GetAssista

quote:

Thus far the Allies haven't played the game except to engage me aggressively with his subs.

What are your long-term plans for the aerial ASW?

There are mixed views among JFBs about the extent of usage of IJAF bombers for ASW duty. It is a given that IJAF bombers gradually lose efficiency in the primary role as war progresses and Allies get capable fighters. By 44 the most useful duty for the bulk of the rank and file of IJAF bombers might indeed be ASW and training for Peggy torps (edit: oh, yea, and Kami training). However, the beginning years are tough to call. Some JFBs advocate earmarking a lot of groups for ASW training from the beginning, foregoing faster advancement in China and elsewhere where you can bomb Allies unhindered in 41-42. But on the other hand in the mid 42 you will be able to fly 70 skill ASW Sallies/Helens over most of your active routes, dishing out pain.

< Message edited by GetAssista -- 6/19/2018 10:43:46 AM >

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 89
RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) - 6/19/2018 11:48:41 AM   
njp72

quote:

ORIGINAL: ITAKLinus

A couple of things:

1) apparently in the MOD Japan gets incredibly stronger than in standard Scen1. Is it possible to hold a part of your conquests in the mid-term ? (either India or Australia)
2) Manchukuo Garrison at 8862?! I mean, how have you achieved that? I'm in Scen1 a couple of months before you and I still have Manchurian Garrison intact due to PP limitations

Broadly speaking, if you haven't seen his unrestricted reinforcements divisions, he will counterattack somewhere. Or he's garrisoning heavily both P.H. and Karachi: since their loss would be a fatal blow

Autovictory seems quite close

Hi ITAK, yes the IJN has been strengthened (additional CVs and CVLs and surface combatants) in this mod but so has the USN, though not to the same extent.

In the air the IJN in particular will be stronger in 43.

From a ground perspective it is still only scenario 1 forces so there is only so many IJA divs and not the additional armoured units. I certainly can't take Karachi or Pearl now.

In this mod they have increased the daily PP accumulation which has allowed me to buy out the units in Manchuria quicker. Of course this will cut both ways so there is a stack of US inf Divs out there somewhere.

cheers

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: My house is on fire-NJP (J) vs NY59 Giants (A) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI