Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Adventures with Brian In Italy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> RE: Adventures with Brian In Italy Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Adventures with Brian In Italy - 5/13/2018 11:23:55 PM   
larryfulkerson

Hey Steve Sill: I just got an email from Brian and he wants me to pass along a
message about the scenario. He's playing the Axis side in StBP and I think
he's worried about his units. He can't move them. Here's his email:

Larry,
Pass along to the designer of the scenario that all divisions on the map as of our date that started at Rome and the Gustav line are locked and I can't move them.

As far as our game goes take a look and see what scenario you wanna play. Needs to be small but long.
Brian

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 5/13/2018 11:28:00 PM >

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 151
RE: Adventures with Brian In Italy - 5/14/2018 12:06:13 AM   
larryfulkerson

Here's what Rome looks like currently and except for the river running north I would
already own the city. I'm thinking about using some engineers to get across the river,
if that's possible, otherwise we'll be fighting over the river crossings for a while
longer.

I've gotten behind the Germans on the east flank and I'm getting a proper front line
formed for those areas that have Germans in them, visible German units. I'm wondering
if there are German units out there that I can't see.

Brian tells me that he can't move those units that started the game in Rome and the Gustav
Line at all and because of that it's just a matter of time until he loses. We're thinking
of moving to a different scenario, a small one, but a long one. I'm leaning toward the
Road to Moscow series but I'm open to suggestions. Anybody got a favorite that they would
like to see an AAR about?

Attachment (1)

Post #: 152
RE: Adventures with Brian In Italy - 5/14/2018 12:47:11 AM   
larryfulkerson

Hey you guys....Brian and I have talked it over and it's
thought that at least part of the reason I did so well
in this game was that Brian couldn't move all his Axis
units and that he was playing with one arm tied behind
his back. We're going to move to a different scenario
and it's about "Autumn Fog 1944" and Brian is
going to be the Allies.

Post #: 153
RE: Adventures with Brian In Italy - 5/14/2018 1:01:25 AM   
MikeJ19

Larry,

That is too bad. I was enjoying this AAR so much.

Oh well, Autumn Fog sounds interesting - good luck and I will enjoy following along and learning about a new scenario.

Have a good day,

Mike

Retired Gunner

Post #: 154
RE: Adventures with Brian In Italy - 5/14/2018 4:10:02 AM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

all divisions on the map as of our date that started at Rome and the Gustav line are locked and I can't move them.

We previously identified the 26.Pz Div, and I can see the 3.PzGren Div as being locked permanently also, but I don't see any other formations [except the 2.FJ Div, which is the Rome garrison and should stay locked until it is withdrawn on turn 35]. There are only a few Art units in the Gustav line, and they should be locked there.
Let me know what other formations you see that are locked and I will investigate them. Thanks for the report!

Post #: 155
RE: Adventures with Brian In Italy - 5/14/2018 4:22:37 AM   
larryfulkerson

Attached below is the saved game that the PBEM++ system writes to my saves directory. I've zipped it up and I'm
attaching it here below so you can take a look around and investigate and so on. I think I used the password
"password" without the quotes. Good luck and thanks for your attention to this matter and I hope there's nothing
seriously wrong.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 156
RE: Adventures with Brian In Italy - 5/14/2018 11:32:52 PM   
DanNeely

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
My plan is to grab Rome and try to fight my way north while sending some troops to the
east to cut off the south from the rest of Italy and then march north clearing the map
as I go. On the other hand I could also just head north and [/image]

... have Germans pop out of the woodwork 20 turns later and destroy so much rail that you're forced to retreat to Naples to find any supply again.

Fixed that for you.

Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man ... weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not [it] an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
--Zachris Topelius

Post #: 157
RE: Adventures with Brian In Italy - 5/14/2018 11:47:52 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: DanNeely
quote:

My plan is to grab Rome and try to fight my way north while sending some troops to the
east to cut off the south from the rest of Italy and then march north clearing the map
as I go. On the other hand I could also just head north and....

... have Germans pop out of the woodwork 20 turns later and destroy so much rail that you're forced to retreat to Naples to find any supply again.

Fixed that for you.

You fixed that for me? Thanks, I think. What did you fix? Did you do this recently?
By the way, there's a new version of the PBEM mode StBP and I've posted about the
update in the MODS and Scenarios section of the forum.

(in reply to DanNeely)
Post #: 158
RE: Adventures with Brian In Italy - 5/22/2018 12:34:18 PM   
jarraya

Larry,
Thanks for doing this AAR. Very interesting.

quote:

I've just got some moves from Brian and I've started to look things over and move
some units around and I thought I'd take a look at the supply bubbles and compare
it with the overextended threashold and so far we're good. I thought maybe it was
five or so but it's zero so there's no worries about being overextended even with
just a single point of supply. I'll have to remember that.

Can you please explain how you "look at supply bubbles" and also what you mean by this statement as it applies to your units?

Many thanks in advance!

J

Post #: 159
RE: Adventures with Brian In Italy - 5/22/2018 12:55:28 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: jarraya
Larry,
Thanks for doing this AAR. Very interesting.

quote:

I've just got some moves from Brian and I've started to look things over and move
some units around and I thought I'd take a look at the supply bubbles and compare
it with the overextended threashold and so far we're good. I thought maybe it was
five or so but it's zero so there's no worries about being overextended even with
just a single point of supply. I'll have to remember that.

Can you please explain how you "look at supply bubbles" and also what you mean by this statement as it applies to your units?

Many thanks in advance!

J

Hey there jarraya dude. Thanks a lot for your question. In the image below I've depicted how you can turn on the supply bubbles to see what the supply level is doing in this area, and according to the Situation Briefing page two I think it is, you can scan the force overextended supply threashold and
in this case, D21 scenario, it's 5. So when I'm in a hex that has only 5 supply the unit will be in what's called an overextended supply state and the pestilence rules apply to that unit and it will slowly lose equipment over time until it's nothing but a shell.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jarraya)
Post #: 160
RE: Adventures with Brian In Italy - 5/22/2018 11:33:58 PM   
MikeJ19

Larry,

If I have read the rules correctly, if the supply threshold is 5, then units in hexes with less than 5 suffer from being overextended. This is stated in 9.1.7.1 Overextended supply state in the manual. After my last scenario, I'm trying to figure this stuff out...

Have a good day,

Mike

Retired Gunner

Post #: 161
RE: Adventures with Brian In Italy - 5/23/2018 12:15:35 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: MikeJ19
Larry,

If I have read the rules correctly, if the supply threshold is 5, then units in hexes with less than 5 suffer from being overextended. This is stated in 9.1.7.1 Overextended supply state in the manual. After my last scenario, I'm trying to figure this stuff out...

Have a good day,

Right, right, Thanks foir straightening me out. I knew it was something like that. I need to read the manual again, it's been so long I don't remember the last time I did that.

(in reply to MikeJ19)
Post #: 162
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> RE: Adventures with Brian In Italy Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI