Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Error after installing v103

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> Tech Support >> Error after installing v103 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error after installing v103 - 6/22/2018 4:25:03 AM   
GeeDub

I just installed v103 and when trying to run got an error message saying it could not find a steam.dll or similar (can't recall exactly and did not write it down) and it shut down. I don't have the steam version of SOW Waterloo Collectors Edition. SOW WL won't run with 103. I had to reinstall v102.

Any idea what I need to do to get v103 running?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Error after installing v103 - 6/22/2018 4:44:44 AM   
zakblood

make sure your using the correct patch?

as steam and site version are different, for steam it's a auto download / auto repair

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Verify Integrity of Game Files

site version is, just use the latest installer and download from the members section

(in reply to GeeDub)
Post #: 2
RE: Error after installing v103 - 6/22/2018 11:16:59 AM   
GeeDub

I downloaded the v103 update from the Matrix downloads section so there should be nothing steam related.

That is what I don't understand. Its looking for the steam_api.dll and I even enter the standard key from Matrix.

Perhaps I forgot to roll back the mods, I have the KS Nap mod. I will try again with no mods active. Bet that is it.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: Error after installing v103 - 6/22/2018 12:14:30 PM   
GeeDub

Well, I still get the missing steam_api.dll error message, even after downloading again, this time from the secondary server site, and having all mods rolled back/deactivated.

Here is some pertinent info:
I have the Collectors Edition, purchased from the Matrix store. (I do have a few steam version games, but not SOWWL, as I prefer not to buy steam version if standard d/l version is available.)
I did not use default install location. I installed to D:\Other Military Sims\Scourge of War Waterloo Collectors Edition.
I prefer not to use the autorun.exe and run the game straight from the SOWWL.exe. (I get the steam_api.dll error even running the autorun.exe
I have Windows 10 Home Edition 64.

SOWWL v102 runs fine, so I'm not dead in the water. However, I sure would like to run v103.

(in reply to GeeDub)
Post #: 4
RE: Error after installing v103 - 6/22/2018 4:37:02 PM   
VPaulus

We are looking into this issue.

(in reply to GeeDub)
Post #: 5
RE: Error after installing v103 - 7/9/2018 4:50:25 PM   
VPaulus

This is fixed now.

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 6
RE: Error after installing v103 - 7/10/2018 12:44:27 AM   
GeeDub

I just downloaded v103 but still get the same error. Can you confirm that the fixed version is in the downloads section?

Thanks.

Edited to add: I just realized the size of the exe I just redownloaded - ScourgeOfWar-WaterlooCollectorsEdition-UpdateComp-v103.exe is 6.44 mb. The size of the ScourgeOfWar-WaterlooCollectorsEdition-UpdateComp-v102.exe is 677 mb, so the v103 has to be installed over V102 instead of being treated as a complete install. I'm surprised I did not catch this sooner.

It works (installs) as it should, now. Issue resolved.

Many thanks!

< Message edited by GeeDub -- 7/10/2018 4:47:45 PM >

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> Tech Support >> Error after installing v103 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI