Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/7/2019 11:05:05 PM   
John 3rd

June 21, 1943
Lae

To say that the Allies are probably thunderstruck by the Japanese Kido Butai moving into direct support range is probably an understatement! Four Allied air strikes come in and are met by upwards of 232 Fighters of various sorts.

It is a DELIGHTFUL slaughter!

Attachment (1)

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 481
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/8/2019 12:27:51 AM   
John 3rd

June 21, 1943
Lae Area

The strikes that come for the Japanese shipping are: 52 F 12 TB, 31 F and 31 SBD, 16 SBD, and 10 F 16 SBD. A total of 3 Albacore and 3 SBD make drops and hit nothing.

The massed PT attacks continue and THIS DAY sees them butchered as 21 PTs are sunk. Since each PT is 1 VP then I sank the equivalent of 2 Allied DDs. Guess that is something...

Japanese Air Strikes hit Manus, Torokina, Cape Gloucester, Hansa Bay, and Namantanai.

No sign of the Alied Fleet. Looks like we'll get our time to make a serious attack on Lae.

Allied SS are NASTY right now! Japan controls all the exit points.
Lose 3 AK, 1 K, and a CM with another AK hit. In return, DB/TB ASW hits NINE SS and there are FIVE ASW TF attacks that do damage. Several SS are seriously damaged.

I plan to let the 67th finish unloading tomorrow and order a Shock Attack on the 23rd. This should allow disruption to decrease with both ID and we will hit Lae with at least 3-4 bombardments as well as bombers attacks prior to the assault. IF--BIG IF--we can re-take the base, the Allied troops will surrender.

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 9/8/2019 12:31:04 AM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 482
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/8/2019 12:40:10 AM   
John 3rd

Here is the VP changes from June 1-June 21, 1943:

Look Michael---It is TRACKER!

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 483
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/8/2019 12:43:11 AM   
John 3rd

June 21, 1943
Air Developments

We continue to bring 'em forward!

This day sees Judy D3 move up to 1/44 and MISTER FRANK advances into 1943--12/43.

Have made a command decision to not heavily engage my Army Fighter units unless I have to. The ability to move them out of Tojo and Tony and place a number of outstanding units into the FRANK cannot be ignored...

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 484
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/8/2019 1:29:26 AM   
John 3rd

By TRACKER, here are the major ships sunk (by VP Value) to the current date:

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 485
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/9/2019 5:11:50 PM   
John 3rd

Lae
June 23, 1943

This base has to sole attention of Japanese right now. It is an EVENTFUL day here!

Sea Action
Two groups of the American endless supply of PT-Boats try to get into the Lae anchorage. Ten of the 13 are destroyed for no Japanese damage.

The evening sees two bombardment occur from the sea:
1. A BC and 2 CA hit the base does only 38 Cas.
2. BatDiv1 (Nagato, Mutsu, and Tosa) deliver 26 barrels worth of 16" shells to the Allied perimeter. Much better results occur as 453 Cas, 5 Guns, and 13 Vehicles are plastered.

Day Action
The STF move away and head for Rabaul to rest and reload but Japanese aerial firepower moves in to continue the attack. A wave of 25 LIZ inflict 100 Cas upon the Aussie portion of the line. An hour later 73 IJA Bombers come in at 4,000 Ft and inflict 172 Cas upon the Marine RCT next to the Aussies.

Ground Assault
Having done everything possible, the Japanese 64th and 67th ID attack. Though they do well and don't take too many casualties they only score a 1-1 result lowering Forts of ZERO. The Japanese take 653 Cas and inflict just 277 upon the Allies. The AV result was 389 to 309.

**SIGH!** IN the immortal words of the Minister from Caddyshack: "RAT FARTS!!!" **SIGH**

Orders
More bombers will come in tomorrow. BatDiv2 (Yamato--Musashi) will hit the base tomorrow night. The IDs shall rest for a day--perhaps 2--so I can reload and bring the surface fleet back.

Saw a STF of CAs move up from Australia to Milne Bay. Will they come up to Lae? Probably. Leave two 6 DD TFs at Lae for trouble.

Have two SS ML TF about to drop their eggs between Buna and Milne Bay. That should cause some trouble!

The Kido Butai will make Rabaul tomorrow. Sean must be going NUTS. His SS are hitting my warships but not seeing explosions and when the TT isn't a DUD, it does little damage. CV Shokaku took a DUD and a Torp last turn. Damage you ask? SYS 0, FLOT 12, ENG 6

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 9/9/2019 5:14:00 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 486
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/9/2019 5:12:21 PM   
John 3rd

Double Post

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 9/9/2019 5:13:15 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 487
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/9/2019 5:12:43 PM   
John 3rd

Triple Post

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 9/9/2019 5:13:32 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 488
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/10/2019 10:22:40 PM   
John 3rd

June 24, 1943
Lae Area

Lae
BB's Yamato and Musashi smack Lae during the night causing 35 Cas, 6 Guns, and 45 Runway hits plus lots of other AF/Port damage. The day sees two air strikes of 25 Liz (doing 187 Cas) and 64 Bombers (doing 175 Cas).

Gunfire sounds in the bay as two groups of six Japanese DDs sink 3 more PTs.

Coral Sea
The Allies finally send some warships into the Coral Sea where eight DDs sink a pair of APDs.

The Fleet arrives at Rabaul and immediately re-supplies. Three Bombardment TFs are created (1 BC TF, and 2 CA--CL TF) and ordered to Lae. They will not hit on the 25th but will on the 26th. The IDs will punch that same day.

Madang
Tomorrow will see two full strength ID begin unloading. THey will then march on Hansa Bay. I would love to take one of these IDs and land it at Lae but the troops would take it over the hex limit. Hmmm...still thinking about it.

Buin
An SNLF unit unloads and 6,000 supply begins to come ashore. This TF is protected by 1 CA, 2 CL, and 4 DD.

Namatanai
The 13th MAG surrenders after a 39-1 assault. Nearly 1,000 Americans become POWs. NICE!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 9/10/2019 10:23:08 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 489
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/11/2019 2:05:59 AM   
John 3rd

BANZAI!!!

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 9/11/2019 2:06:46 AM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 490
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/11/2019 2:17:05 AM   
John 3rd

June 25, 1943
China

Now here is a word that hasn't been uttered in FOREVER within this AAR.

China.

The Japanese devoted most of 1942 to driving the Chinese back into the hinterland. Just four bases remain of China. For several months I was content to let things stand; however, after my game with Dan, I know this is a BAD idea.

In February orders went out for seven ID and several support units to quietly disengage and move to Changsha for R&R and rebuilding. After a couple of months they boarded trains and moved en masse SE. Disembarking, they carefully made their way NW praying to not be spotted. They were not. Two weeks ago the units crossed the river and cut the road between Kumming and Keiyang. No one noticed. One ID and two Art Regiments moved NW to hold and block the road. Four ID moved due east towards Kweiyang. No one spotted them. The IDs crossed into the hex to the west of Kweiyang and no one noticed them.

June 24, 1943 they arrive at the base and the Chinese FINALLY notice. The normal 200 or so bombers flying against the four bases continue their 'normal' work but the IDs immediately attack on the 25th. Four ID score a staggering 52-1 assault. The city falls inflicting 3,984 Cas on the Chinese and force the units there to retreat in the worst possible direction: SOUTH towards Tuyun.

The Chinese line is completely unhinged now. There is great danger in the Japanese encircling the Chinese and the front go back to fluid. Time to ring the Chinese Bell Gang!

BANZAI!!!

FYI All ID 100% prepped with China Expeditionary Army HQ in range and 100% prepped as well...

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 491
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/11/2019 4:32:54 AM   
John 3rd

June 25, 1943
Coral Sea

The Allies are starting to wake up. Allied TFs are spotted moving about. Time is now of the essence.

Horn Isle
The Allies slip a TF in to bombard the base. Though there are 400+ mines, they dodge all of them and 3 CA and 5 CL unload on the base. Thankfully, they mostly MISS! Seven Planes are destroyed and several dozen damaged but the AF is only hit 12 times. This is important since 100 IJA bombers are flying from here.

Lae
The Japanese bombard the base with 5 CA who do 166 Cas, plaster the AF 55 times, and do 9 Supply damage. Six DD sink yet another PT-Boat. The days sees 27 Liz hit the Aussies for 71 Cas, 9 Liz hit the Paras for 30 Cas, 60 Bombers hit the Aussies again for 150 Cas, and 21 Bomber hit the AF some more.

Tomorrow is the day. Three Bombardment TFs and every damned bomber I can find will hit Lae and then the troops go in.

Gloucester Bay
This base will be assaulted by a full strength Inf Brigade under cover of the TF itself as well as a strong bombardment TF of several BBs.

Madang
The leading elements of 2 full strength IDs begin unloading as well as 25,000 supply. These troops will head for Hansa Bay.

Manus
Hit by 47 Betty/Nell hitting the Port.

Allied SS
Jimeny Crickets. Sean has about 25-900 SS operating within 10 hexes of Rabaul. He brings SS actually into harbors as well as mined bases. No TT score this day and ASW TF hit four SS while Japanese DB and TB hit SS a whopping 18 times this day alone.

Over the last four days, there have been at least FOUR confirmed sinkings (as in brought to the surface and then going down) with several mine explosions as well as the glub-glub of sinking SS. Have no idea how many are gone and how many are damaged but it has to be a fairly large number.

Indian Ocean
Sean THINKS everything is in the Pacific. It isn't. OK. NEARLY everything is there. CV Hiryu and Soryu pop up near Addu and attack a TF of American DDs. Sure that gets his attention! They will stay one more day and then head for the barn. Replacing them shall be five CVE. Want to keep Addu as long as possible and keep him away from Sumatra--Java--Malaya--etc...

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 492
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/12/2019 2:38:55 AM   
John 3rd

I think that my dastardly opponent was truly stunned by the China attack and the fact that Kweiyang fell immediately. Haven't seen a turn as of yet...

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 493
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/12/2019 3:41:33 AM   
John 3rd

Was bored wondering when my turn would come and in and got to thinking about MISTER FRANK. The plane is now due in Dec 43 and is moving forward rapidly. Realistically think it will be available to me in September--maybe August.

Here is my thinking. I have shut down Tojo production since I have 1200 produced and stockpiled. Am thinking about converting all but 1 Tojo plant to Frank RIGHT NOW. If I do that, then I can start with a large number in immediate production when the line opens.

Is that OK? Stupid? Smart?

Opinions please...

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 494
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/12/2019 4:08:43 AM   
ny59giants

Some to Frank and some to your very late war fighters, sir.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 495
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/12/2019 1:31:47 PM   
John 3rd

June 25, 1943
Late-War Fighter Production

I have five Tojo factories of 42--36--40--60--60. Think I'll convert the two big ones to Frank, leave one as Tojo for upgrades, and convert the two smallest to each of my late-war choices: J7W1 Shinden and Ki-83.

This will aid in Frank starting at about 300+ production from square one and help with the late-war options down the line. We will shoot to increase the Frank's production to 500 a month by the end of 43/beginning of 44.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 9/12/2019 1:32:27 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 496
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/12/2019 1:49:46 PM   
John 3rd

June 25, 1943
Coral Sea Operations

OK. Here is what is happening.

1. The Allies are getting active again as noted. Several TFs are moving about. Thank goodness for the Emily and Kai Nell for long-distance air search.

2. Have two IDs unloading at Madang with lots of supply and then they shall march on Hansa Bay.

3. A Brigade is about to land at Cape Gloucester. This Operation is a little dicey as I don't know EXACTLY what has been landed here. Aerial attacks have shown a Tank Destroyer unit and construction units but one never knows.

4. The 14th and an additional ID at Ponape are prepping for Manus.

5. Multiple Bombardment TFs will hit Lae and the Cape on the next turn.

6. LOOK at all the Allied SS!

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 497
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/12/2019 6:58:00 PM   
ny59giants

Well done there my young Jedi economics minister.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 498
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/12/2019 10:21:02 PM   
John 3rd

Thank You Sir.

Color me the idiot. I sent the last turn with a nice note and NO FILES attached. Stupid...

Sean now as it and is running that bad boy.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 499
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/13/2019 5:02:45 PM   
John 3rd

June 26, 1943
Lae

BANZAI!!!

A total of 8115 troops (774 Squads), 75 G, and 58 Vehicles SURRENDER to the Japanese 64th and 67th Infantry Divisions this day. You may scratch the vast majority of the 14th Aussie Brigade, 22nd Marine Reg, and 503rd Parachute Reg. A portion of the 2nd Marine Division goes as well. I say majority because I have been attriting Allied transport aircraft for days so I know better then to say the whole unit goes.

Nice haul.

It occurs on the day the 23rd Ind Brigade lands at Cape Gloucester and two full strength IDs begin their march on Hansa Bay from Madang.

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 500
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/13/2019 5:53:05 PM   
Chickenboy

Tenno Heiko!

I assume you'll pull out the 64th and 67th IDs and replace them soon? They look pretty moth-eaten / disrupted / fatigued at this point-especially after a shock attack.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 501
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/13/2019 6:01:51 PM   
John 3rd

June 26, 1943
China

As hoped, the fall of Kweiyang, CH creates an immediate crisis for the Chinese. The YELLOW arrows show an immediate retreat from lines that had been stable for nearly a year.

A mass exodus is occurring from Tuyun and the hex between Tuyun and Kweiyang. Four Japanese ID are moving due SSE in an attempt to get a solid whack at these fleeing units. If we can score here, it should drive them back into Tuyun and that would be excellent. We want Tuyun and to inflict as many Chinese casualties as possible.

Other Japanese units move to secure the hold on Kweiyang as well as block any troops coming from Kumming.

A bombardment (from the regular Japanese--Chinese Live) shows an opportunity to drive out units present there. Orders go out through the 11th Army HQ to attack. Three Artillery Regiments, two ID, and a Brigade get ready to leap over their Fortifications and attack.

China just became very fluid and the Chinese have NO SUPPLY...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 9/13/2019 6:09:09 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 502
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/13/2019 6:08:01 PM   
John 3rd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Tenno Heiko!

I assume you'll pull out the 64th and 67th IDs and replace them soon? They look pretty moth-eaten / disrupted / fatigued at this point-especially after a shock attack.

Yep! Order the Amphib TF that just dropped off the two IDs going to Hansa to head for Lae. I'll pull off the worst of the two IDs and bring it back for some R&R. WELL DONE to those troops!

The assault went in after three pretty ineffectual ship bombardments and NO AIR ATTACKS. Weather was terrible in the Lae hex this day so we got pretty lucky. The 2-1 was achieved with a final score of 352-139. I was pretty sure that they would hold but was ecstatic to see the 2-1 and surrender.

In the BIG picture it isn't much but a victory is a victory. Taking Lae back goes along way to making Hansa and Manus great big, plump cherries to be picked by Japan! Hansa has a Brigade of Inf and six support units while Manus has the 32nd US ID and 8-9 support units.

The attack at Cape Gloucester went pretty well. Lost 592 men on the landing (prep only 27%) but there was NO ALLIED BOMBARDMENT at the end of the turn. That has to mean that there is nothing a strength there...RIGHT???

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 503
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/13/2019 6:13:08 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd
In the BIG picture it isn't much but a victory is a victory. Taking Lae back goes along way to making Hansa and Manus great big, plump cherries to be picked by Japan! Hansa has a Brigade of Inf and six support units while Manus has the 32nd US ID and 8-9 support units.

I couldn't give a whit about Lae, Hansa or Manus. But when the Allies start leaving valuable LCUs in indefensible positions prone to liquidation, that's a very tempting target. A cut off American ID plus support units? On an island? Well behind my lines? Yum yum.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 504
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/13/2019 6:17:21 PM   
John 3rd

BANZAI BABY!

Get out the cleaning and skinning knives...

The enemy could come back at any time. Have NO IDEA as to why he has not but what the HE** lets go get 'em.

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 9/13/2019 6:18:18 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 505
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/14/2019 4:03:11 AM   
John 3rd

Got a second turn in today and ohhhhhhhhhh my golly. China is open for business. Haven't thought about the long-term effect upon the Chinese Army with no supply. Wow.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 506
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/14/2019 9:56:45 PM   
John 3rd

June 27, 1943

Lots of action this turn.

We'll start with the Coral Sea:
1. The Inf Brigade finishes unloading at Cape Gloucester. The BB TF hits base again doing 178 Cas, Supplies, and Port. Order a bombardment for next turn to see EXACTLY what is present here. I bet the Tank Bn is the biggest offensive unit here. If so, this fight will go pretty quickly.

2. Manus is hit by 38 Betty/Nell. With Lae done, we now will begin bombarding this base.

3. Finschaven gets the attention of 40 4EB. They are met by 23 Zero/Rex and nearly half-a-dozen fall. Target is the AF and not much damage is done.

4. Lae sees the arrival of AP/AK to pick-up the worst of the two IDs. The troops will be pulled back to Madang to join the attack on Hansa Bay. During the day a small strike of 3 Beaufighter come in and they are smashed by 45 Fighters.

SS Action
The USS Stingray is sunk at Lae. The USS Balao might be sunk at the same location. Three additional ASW Attacks occur from TFs while TEN SS are hit by Japanese Bombers.

The CRAPPY Part of this is IJN Hiyo takes a TT near Kavieng. Had pulled the CVs out of Rabaul and THOUGHT I got away. Grrrr...

Sea
CARDIV2 is ordered to leave the Addu area in the IO and make for Soerabaja then on to Truk. They will join the rest of the carrier fleet there.

As mentioned a while ago, the game is about little things. I pride getting my cripples home if possible. This turn sees the IJN Ise and a Command Cruiser limp into Singapore. They immediately begin repairs. Have six major warships in this Port repairing presently.

Air
In a totally depressing development, the P-47 JUG makes its war debut in Burma. Crap...

The enemy Sweeps Katha, the hex NW of Katha, and Magwe with 3-4 high performance Fighter Squadrons each. As stated earlier, I shall not contest the air unless forced to. There are 200 Fighters (all Army) at Rangoon. We'll see how quickly he comes after that.

Ground
Hex 76, 50 SE of Kweiyang is smashed open when two Japanese IDs and Artillery units crush two Chinese Corps in a 14-1 Shock Atack: Japan gets 493 Cas while the Chinese lose nearly 5,000. YIKES!

Two ID move into the hex south of Kweiyang and will Shock Attack the 16 units there. Ten of these units were in Kweiyang and forced out.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 507
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/15/2019 4:31:00 AM   
John 3rd

June 28, 1943
China

The Chinese Army is collapsing. It is that simple.

Hex 76,49 is taken by two Japanese ID in a 14-1 assault driving out 10 Chinese units. Japan loses 1,486 troops to a staggering 11,653 Chinese (1,044 Squads).

Hex 75,50 is almost taken by Japan but it misses a 2-1 by 25 lousy Assault Points. Casualties are Japan 2,436 to China's 1,966 (125 Squads).

There is a very real possibility that Japan can encircle roughly 30+ Chinese units west of Tuyun and then DESTROY them.

Scary thing is that I consider this much more important then the American CVs showing up below Port Moresby and sinking 15 or so Japanese ships. CRAZY!

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 508
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/15/2019 3:03:47 PM   
John 3rd

June 28, 1943
Coral Sea

Without knowing it I spotted the Allied Carrier Force last turn. STUPID. Saw them at Townsville. During the night, the Americans do a high speed sprint to a hex outside of Port Moresby.

Dawn.

The American CVs go to work. Where ever they attack, they are met by Japanese Fighters. Problem is raw numbers. If I'd been smart enough to realize this chance, I would have consolidated everyone under higher Fighter protection. Oh well...

Lae
His BEASTS come in first as 44 4EB bomb Lae's 100% damaged AF. The Bombers are met by 53 Jacks and George's. Losses are pretty solid as the American Liberators lose 8-10 of their number.

In the bay are about 45 ships loading the 67th ID. Crap:

Morning Strike: 68 F, 93 DB, and 51 Av vs. 38 F
Afternoon Strike: 88 F, 112 DB, and 46 Av vs. 39 F

Japanese Losses: 13 AK, 2 AP, 1 PB, and 1 SC. The 67th is further degraded with 1388 Cas and 39 Guns lost.

On the BRIGHT side, his bombers really went after the dozen DDs present and didn't hit a single one of them.

Finschaven
17 Fighters fight 49 F and 16 DB. Two AKs are hit but don't sink

Cape Gloucester
Morning Strike: 21 F and 15 Av
Afternoon Strike: 121 F, 37 DB, and 64 Av vs. 21 Fighters

Losses: 2 PB and 2 AK

Not bad considering the numbers involved here!

SS Action
No Allied Sub attacks this turn for FIVE ASW TF attacks on subs. The Exocet is crippled with successful attacks upon the Balao, KXVI, Lapon, and S-34. Nine DB/TB hits are scored on Allied SS.

Two mine explosions are also heard.

Evening
Order everyone back to either Rabaul, Kavieng, or Madang. All ships will be under heavy Fighter Cover.

The Carriers are at Kavieng. Hiyo took that TT last turn and got SYS 22 and FLOT 32 damage from the hit. WE'll sit here for a day or two with her disbanded in Port.

Have moved the four IJA Bomber units from Horn to Hollandia and Kavieng. They will begin bombing Hansa Bay and Manus everyday.

There are 3 ID prepping for Manus and--thanks to good recon--START at 33%. I will wait until 50% then land there. I WANT that American ID and support troops.

Am mining the passage from Milne Bay--Buna to Manus. Those two hexes between New Britain and New Guinea are getting about 250 or so mines.

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 509
RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS - 9/15/2019 3:25:00 PM   
RangerJoe

If you want to take Chungking, wait until after it falls to destroy those units so you won't see them in Chungking.

Sometimes, we don't see the details because of the time involved and the big picture.

From what I see, you are doing very well.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 510
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: The Shattered Sword: John 3rd vs. Anachro--BTS Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI