Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Difficulty Completing Coonection to Opponent

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> Tech Support >> Difficulty Completing Coonection to Opponent Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Difficulty Completing Coonection to Opponent - 8/3/2018 4:11:01 AM   
RD Knight

For the last 3 evenings (approx. 2000 hrs PDT) I have been unable to make a successful connection with my opponent on the east coast. We have played hundreds of successful battles up to now. However, since July 31st, we have had difficulty connecting. My connection appears to work as designed, but we have not been able to fully connect to as multiplayer opponents. His avatar would show up in the lobby, and sometimes he would connect when I hosted, but the game data would either not transfer or would be so slow that the transfer stalled. This has become very annoying since we have a regular battle date.

Post #: 1
RE: Difficulty Completing Coonection to Opponent - 8/3/2018 4:22:25 AM   
zakblood

i have no more information on this other than what was mentioned last time,

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4347610

check the firewall and see if it's at your end, as no reported errors on the server side, none logged atm

(in reply to RD Knight)
Post #: 2
RE: Difficulty Completing Coonection to Opponent - 8/3/2018 3:52:42 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

Are you using a direct connection or connecting via the routing server?

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: Difficulty Completing Coonection to Opponent - 8/8/2018 12:00:54 AM   
RD Knight

Hmm, if you're one of the testers for TBF, how are you an administrator (right term?) for Gateway to Caen so that you have admin rights to the game server. Curious. Anyway Zak, thx for the reply. Not sure why GTC exhibits these tendencies. It works just fine and then doesn't. It doesn't make sense that it's either of our computers, since most of the time multiplayer does work. It's just darn frustrating when we take time to meet and play and cannot because there is only one way to connect with an opponent. Our computers shouldn't have configuration issues that turn on and off. So, we've concluded it must be the way we have to connect with each other to play multiplayer.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> Tech Support >> Difficulty Completing Coonection to Opponent Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI