Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hotkeys / Macros - Unit Creation - In Tears...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Hotkeys / Macros - Unit Creation - In Tears... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hotkeys / Macros - Unit Creation - In Tears... - 8/9/2018 10:18:46 PM   
ezhik1

Lets pretend I am the Soviet player playing the Barbarossa campaign. My thin commie line down the Dvina/Dnepr just got brutalized by a bunch of nazis. I have 400 admin points. I want to create some divisions. Why the bloody hell do I have to sit for 30 minutes finding the hex, pressing Shift-B, then mousing over in Pick new Unit to Rifle Division, clicking ok, then choosing another hex, repeat, repeat repeat, repeat, repeat... ARGHGGGG!!!! I have just lost the will to live and decided to go and talk to the wife instead. Seriously...

But I am not Luddite so before I went to entertain the wife, I looked for some macro software because I thought "surely there is a way to automate this". But no, because the Pick Unit Type menu is not keyboard scroll-able - it is basically impossible.

Any thoughts on how to automate Rifle Division production... Imagine Stalin in 41 saying "oh, I cannot be bothered to create the equivalent of 826 divisional units [as he did in real life by YE41] because it is too tiresome to click on the menus repeatedly".

< Message edited by ezhik1 -- 8/9/2018 10:32:22 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Hotkeys / Macros - Unit Creation - In Tears... - 8/9/2018 10:25:16 PM   
ezhik1

Imagine this. You have 300 admin points. You select an urban hex in the Soviet Rear. Press a macro button. And the hex and those around it is populated with 27 pathetic little rifle divisions... which you later turn into 9 fearsome rifle corps which with a battle cry of "Make vodka like they used to i.e 40% alcohol and not 35% like this Soviet shiiiiiiteee!" charge Guderian and von Kleist out of the nearest alcohol factory.

< Message edited by ezhik1 -- 8/9/2018 10:30:53 PM >

(in reply to ezhik1)
Post #: 2
RE: Hotkeys / Macros - Unit Creation - In Tears... - 8/10/2018 4:35:00 AM   
56ajax

You are at least 6 years too late on this. As the Soviet you spend all your time moving units from the Eastern edge, retreating, and your guns fire pop corn at the Axis. You dont see most of the enemy being killed as this happens in attrition.

I understand WiTE2 maybe more user friendly with its concept of Theatre Boxes.

Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne

(in reply to ezhik1)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Hotkeys / Macros - Unit Creation - In Tears... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI