Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

My status and good COVID19 Information

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Multiplayer (PBEM and head to head) >> My status and good COVID19 Information Page: <<   < prev  13 14 15 [16] 17   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My status and good COVID19 Information - 3/25/2020 5:12:31 PM   
nnason

To all my gaming friends,
I don't know how anyone could be bored staying at home. I am so busy helping my wife set up her telemedicine practice and also helping her professional colleagues I am actually playing fewer game turns. So sorry to the three people I am playing now and to the beta mod I haven't yet started.

Anyway if you want some really good holistic doctor advice go to this URL: https://kaplanclinic.com/covid-19-how-to-protect-yourself/

Also at 1630 PDT Wed 25 Mar this might be worth listening to.
Coronavirus: Facts and Fears

March 25 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm PDT

This Wednesday, March 25, at 1:30 PM, Berkeley Public Health Dean Michael C. Lu will host a 90 minute special live Q & A, the Coronavirus: Fact and Fears.

Dean Michael C. Lu will host a live Q&A with Dr. Anna Harte (Medical Director of University Health Services), Dr. Nicholas Jewell (Professor of Biostatistics at Berkeley Public Health), Dr. Arthur Reingold (Professor, Division Head of Epidemiology and Biostatistics at Berkeley Public Health), Dr. Lee Riley (Professor, Chair of Infectious Diseases and Vaccinology at Berkeley Public Health), and Dr. John Swartzberg (Clinical Professor, Emeritus at Berkeley Public Health), to illuminate the facts and dispel fears around this public health crisis. Q&A will follow.

Register here
https://berkeley.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_9ArTrfPRQGCFNovDjzYOzg
or watch via Facebook live.
https://www.facebook.com/UCBerkeley/

Michael C. Lu, MD, MS, MPH, Dean at Berkeley Public Health. Dr. Lu was formerly the Director of the federal Maternal and Child Health Bureau in the Obama Administration, and recipient of the Hubert H Humphrey Award for Service to America. A graduate of the UC Berkeley-UCSF Joint Medical Program, Dr. Lu has been voted one of the Best Doctors in America since 2005.

Speakers
Anna Harte, MD, Medical Director of University Health Services at UC Berkeley. She has a special clinical interest in tuberculosis, HIV and infectious diseases, travel medicine, transgender health and the care of underserved populations. Dr. Harte is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine.

Nicholas Jewell, PhD, Professor of Biostatistics at Berkeley Public Health. He has received numerous awards such as the Marvin Zelen Leadership Award in Statistical Science from Harvard University. Dr. Jewell was honored by the Federal Emergency Management Agency in 2000 for extraordinary leadership in implementing disaster resistance strategies for UC Berkeley and other universities across the nation.

Arthur L. Reingold, MD, Professor, Division Head of Epidemiology and Biostatistics at Berkeley Public Health. He has over 40 years of experience on prevention and control of infectious diseases at the national and global level, including eight years at the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Dr Reingold was elected to the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences in 2003.

Lee Riley, MD, Professor, Chair of the Division of Infectious Disease and Vaccinology at Berkeley Public Health. He is a fellow in the American Academy of Microbiology and of the Infectious Disease Society of America. Dr Riley was appointed by the US Secretary of Health and Human Services to serve as a Board member of the Scientific Counselors for the National Center for Infectious Disease of the CDC.

John Swartzberg, MD, Clinical Professor Emeritus at Berkeley Public Health and chair of Berkeley Public Health’s Health & Wellness Publications editorial board. He is a past director of the UC Berkeley–UCSF Joint Medical Program, with 30 years in clinical practice. Dr. Swartzberg is board certified in internal medicine and infectious diseases.

This event is hosted by Berkeley Public Health, Berkeley Public Affairs and University Health Services.

PS. I hope I haven't violated any Forum policies with this post. If I have I am sorry.

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

(in reply to Gilber)
Post #: 451
OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney - 3/26/2020 9:35:12 PM   
Etzel

First, I want to thank Noah for sharing this information!
And second, I aplogise for posting something mundane, but it might affect some of the current matches in our tournament. Therefore take a look at this thread:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4782380
There is a major bug in 1.17.01, which affects the Barbarossa campaign significantly.

< Message edited by Etzel -- 3/26/2020 9:43:54 PM >

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 452
RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney - 3/26/2020 10:41:46 PM   
Taxman66

I'm no longer playing pbem, but have thought of a couple of house rules suggestion I'd like to share:

1. Russia may not ever invest to get level 3 Inf Weapons.
2. Before Russia may invest in Inf Weapons 1, Russia must purchase 2 chits in Naval Warfare, sell both chits, and then repurchase 2 chits in Naval Warfare and sell them again all in the same turn.*

*This will show as a Russian 400 MPP Tech investment on the reports and be pretty darn obvious (as well as proof).

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to Etzel)
Post #: 453
RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney - 3/27/2020 10:44:09 AM   
PvtBenjamin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

I'm no longer playing pbem, but have thought of a couple of house rules suggestion I'd like to share:

1. Russia may not ever invest to get level 3 Inf Weapons.
2. Before Russia may invest in Inf Weapons 1, Russia must purchase 2 chits in Naval Warfare, sell both chits, and then repurchase 2 chits in Naval Warfare and sell them again all in the same turn.*

*This will show as a Russian 400 MPP Tech investment on the reports and be pretty darn obvious (as well as proof).

I don't really see any house rule that will corrects this {amended}. I have a bunch of games '42 + and there certainly is no "house rule" there.

I'd recommend they just roll back to 1.17.0 until it is patched. This mistake overwhelms any advantage of 1.17.01.

The game is not playable at this point.

< Message edited by PvtBenjamin -- 3/27/2020 2:51:38 PM >

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 454
RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney - 3/27/2020 1:08:47 PM   
Etzel

quote:

I don't really see any house rule that will corrects this {amended}. I have a bunch of games '42 + and there certainly is no "house rule" there.

I'd recommend they just role back to 1.17.0 until it is patched. This mistake overwhelms any advantage of 1.17.01.

The game is not playable to this point.

completely agreed.

If a roleback is possible, it should be checked that the bug was not intruduced in 1.17.0 already (1.17.01 was my guess).

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 455
RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney - 3/27/2020 5:04:58 PM   
nnason

All,

I have looked at the issue and agree that this bug really makes a difference. The developers, who are all great, have said a fix will be posted next week.
I believe games played after March 17th and after the start of Babrabossa that have played at least one or more turns should be restarted. I agree no house rule can fix and if there have been significant battles then ........

Please chime in with your thoughts. So our PBEM group can have some consistency about how to resolve this.

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

(in reply to Etzel)
Post #: 456
RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney - 4/2/2020 12:52:49 PM   
Markiss

Game completed, BPINisBACK(Axis) vs Markiss(Allies), Allied victory, August 1945.

Thanks to BPIN for a long and interesting game. Countries were won, lost, and regained. At one time there were no less than 9 major fronts, a truly expansive game.

This was the first time I have seen an Axis player play to the last bullet, and it was very informative. Who could believe that after 220 units lost, and 95% of its country overrun(including Berlin), Germany would still be over 80% morale. They don't give up easy!

I do not believe that this game was effected by the latest update issue, it was already in it's closing phase by the time the update occurred.

Thanks again BPIN!!!

Lock up your wife and children now,
It's time to wield the blade..

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 457
RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney - 4/2/2020 1:29:54 PM   
nnason

Bravo to BPINisBACK and Markiss.

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

(in reply to Markiss)
Post #: 458
RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney - 4/2/2020 4:21:53 PM   
BPINisBACK

Thank you very much for this game Markiss!

I am still improving my own way of playing with Axis but, on the other hand, you work hard for your victory! It is a fair victory for you! :)

Congratulations!

As i told you, i tried to maximice the NM damage on allies and tried to do the same on my own benefit. In fact i lost more than 30% of my morale only for the bonuses againts Germany (landings in WE, Italy, etc, etc.) And you recover (with Russians) from 85% NM to 120% because of bonuses (and my own losses at the end of the game, of course). In the last months of war your looses for rading (to Russia) were huge. It has a lot of impact in both NM (if i am not wrong).

Regarding the bug of 17.01 version... I don't remember when we updated the game. If it has an impact, as you said, it was quite late in the game. It could accelerate the unavoidable, but it was, at the end, inavoidable.

It is a pity for me to keep losing so many games as Axis... I am trying to do "something" different to win... But i am still far from the right choices...

Let's see..

(in reply to Markiss)
Post #: 459
RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney - 4/2/2020 6:11:31 PM   
Markiss

I think your alternate strategy needs to find a way to engage the British better. They were able to largely avoid major combat early, and their possessions were never threatened. As a result, they could afford to take the initiative and launch non-essential operations like an invasion of Scandinavia and a Turkish-based invasion of Eastern Europe, things they could never have done if they had been pushed elsewhere.

But, of course, engaging them will require some of your resources as well..I suppose you need to find a way to draw maximum attention with a minimum of investment. You don't have to win, but you have to keep them busy..or they will cause mischief.

(in reply to BPINisBACK)
Post #: 460
RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney - 4/4/2020 12:14:15 AM   
Markiss

New Game, Markiss(Axis) vs El_Condoro(Allies).

I fear not the overpowered Soviet hordes!!

(in reply to Markiss)
Post #: 461
RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney - 4/4/2020 12:20:39 AM   
El_Condoro

Oh, you should, my friend, you should! The steppes are alive with the sound of marching...

(in reply to Markiss)
Post #: 462
RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney - 4/16/2020 3:23:14 PM   
Hartmann301

I'm up for a game as the Axis. Please send a PM

< Message edited by Hartmann301 -- 4/16/2020 6:02:28 PM >

(in reply to El_Condoro)
Post #: 463
RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney - 4/17/2020 4:07:39 PM   
captain10

New Game, Hartmann301 (Axis) vs captain10 (Allies)

(in reply to Hartmann301)
Post #: 464
RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney - 4/24/2020 6:11:36 PM   
Markiss

Game Completed, Markiss(Axis) vs El_Condoro(Allies), Allied victory, June 1945.

My Axis were at least competitive this time. At my high water mark I was just a couple hexes away from Stalingrad and had my paras opposite London waiting for the orders to board the transports. But I couldn't quite close the deal.

Thanks to El_Condoro for a great game!

(in reply to captain10)
Post #: 465
RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney - 4/25/2020 1:05:30 PM   
Markiss

Anyone else? I would prefer to play Allies this time.

(in reply to Markiss)
Post #: 466
RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney - 4/27/2020 12:54:51 PM   
Markiss

No one? Cue the crickets.

This tournament has been going on for a long time, and the rules of the game have changed substantially since it began. Very few of the original players are still playing. Is it time we call this one a wrap?

I see many new players on the PBEM server offering random games. Many of these challenges have gone unaccepted. Perhaps some of them would be interested in a new tournament? With most of the top old-time players not playing this game anymore, it would give a new generation of players a chance to rise to the top, and they would have an easier time finding a game.

The extra time most people have on there hands right now seems to have re-invigorated interest in this game, lets take advantage of it. With the rules changes and some fresh blood, we may even see some new strategies. Heaven forbid!

Thoughts?

(in reply to Markiss)
Post #: 467
RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney - 4/27/2020 1:05:31 PM   
Fafnir

I would be ready

(in reply to Markiss)
Post #: 468
RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney - 4/27/2020 2:36:30 PM   
nnason

Declaring this ELO done and starting over would be fine with me. If I don't hear anything to the contrary by Monday, May 4th, I will cut off the current ELO standings as of today, post the results, and start over in a new thread.

Any changes please let this forum thread know.

Unless both players want otherwise ongoing games will be posted to the new ELO standings.

< Message edited by nnason -- 4/27/2020 2:37:55 PM >

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

(in reply to Fafnir)
Post #: 469
RE: Searching for Ranked game - 5/3/2020 12:17:46 PM   
GavinTael

Hello, I had played a lot of games SC in PBEM, with Ktonos and I would like to start a game.
Anyone who want please PM me.

best regards,

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 470
RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney updated March 10... - 5/3/2020 4:46:32 PM   
GavinTael

Game started
Allies Fafnir Axis Gavin Tael

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 471
To elveranomaslargo - 5/4/2020 12:59:23 PM   
GavinTael

Hello,
You have your Message Inbox full, so my messages can't reach you.
I can't join your game because you have Version 1.17.01 and I have 1.17.02.

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 472
RE: To elveranomaslargo - 5/4/2020 1:54:34 PM   
Hartmann301

New Game, GavinTael(Allies) vs Hartmann301(Axis)

(in reply to GavinTael)
Post #: 473
RE: Game ended - 5/8/2020 1:27:33 PM   
elveranomaslargo

Game ended, El Condoro (Axis) versus Elveranomaslargo (Allied). Allied victory.

My congratullations to my oponent for such an interesting game.

(in reply to Gilber)
Post #: 474
RE: Game ended - 5/9/2020 11:08:01 AM   
elveranomaslargo

New game started: RANNUG61 as Axis versus ELVERANOMASLARGO as Allies.

(in reply to elveranomaslargo)
Post #: 475
Game Ended - 5/9/2020 9:13:01 PM   
GavinTael

Game Ended, Fafnir (Allies) WON. Gavin Tael (axis) Resigned May 1942.

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 476
RE: Game Ended - 5/10/2020 9:53:41 AM   
Rannug61

New ELO game started: Rannug(Axis) vs. El Condoro(Allies)

"En svensk tiger"

(in reply to GavinTael)
Post #: 477
OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney - 5/11/2020 8:17:51 PM   
Rannug61

New ELO game started: GavinTael(Axis) vs. Rannug(Allies)

"En svensk tiger"

(in reply to Rannug61)
Post #: 478
RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney - 5/12/2020 5:12:57 PM   
Markiss

There should be a new tournament thread within the next 24 hours or so. nnason has expressed a desire to hand-off the tournament management responsibilities, so I will manage the next one unless someone else wishes to volunteer.

The rules will be the same, we will just be getting a fresh start.

The current thought is to have any results posted after April 27th count in the new tournament, as stated in nnason's post.

If anyone has any objections, let's hear it.

< Message edited by Markiss -- 5/12/2020 6:20:53 PM >

(in reply to Rannug61)
Post #: 479
RE: OFFICIAL Strategic Cmd ELO Tourney - 5/12/2020 6:00:09 PM   
nnason

All,
After more than 2 years I am giving up the management of the ELO tourney for SC WiE. I will be posting the results in a day or so.

Markiss is taking over and is going to start a new ELO tourney and a new thread.

I will count in this tournament all games completed before April 27th. Markiss will include those completed after April 27th, 2020.

Some new players felt it would be a good idea to start over for a variety of reasons.

I have a thought. If both players agree maybe we should include some or all of the mods. Fall Weiss II, Advanced Third Reigh, and 653H are quite mature. I think including mods would encourage people to develop the mods and others to play them. What do you think???

Please do not post in this thread. I will ask the moderator to close it but keep available for the history, once I post the final results.

Remember to tell your significant other they were lucky we gamers picked a hobby were physically distancing is the norm. BE SAFE. AND WASH YOUR HANDS!!

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

(in reply to Markiss)
Post #: 480
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 15 [16] 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Multiplayer (PBEM and head to head) >> My status and good COVID19 Information Page: <<   < prev  13 14 15 [16] 17   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI