Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 7/23/2003 6:41:53 AM   
DarkCloak

[QUOTE]When setting up a custom scenario, you do have the ability to chose various VH settings, including "as designed". Try clicking on the VH settings toggle in the designer and watch how they cycle through.[/QUOTE]

Yes, The last time we've tried that, all the reinforcement flags weren't set properly. It's pretty annoying having reinforcements come piling into a swamp hex, or on the other side of a river. :( :mad:

-DarkCloak

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 31
Popping smoke message/Lost connection AI - 8/1/2003 5:42:47 AM   
Ranger75

1. My opponent can spot the smoke from my artillery and gain valuable intelligence. Fair enough. So, to create some confusion and add to the fog of war, I have other units in the rear area pop smoke. The value of that is diminished because the game reports that "Unit such and such just popped smoke".

I see no purpose in telling the enemy that a given unit popped smoke. The enemy can see the smoke, and so can I. Let's omit the message.

2. If we lose the Internet connection in the middle of a turn, the AI takes over and runs units all over the place. That can reveal units that we are keeping hidden. How about just freezing or killing the game when the connection is lost? We are going to have to reload anyway. (And yes, it would be great to reload from the last save without having to transfer files.)

I play four hours each week with a retired Marine LTC. He is much better than the AI, although he can't resist an attack. :)

I salute the Matrix team, and extend my thanks to the participants in the forum who have helped me greatly.

John Van Vliet

"Rangers Lead the Way!"

Post #: 32
Way to Go! - 8/1/2003 11:08:20 PM   
Akmatov

Gentlemen,

I am DELIGHTED to see this development. Over the years I have suggested this method of getting some of your products to your people and I really think it has great potential for a niche market.

Now I can finally get the two MegaCampaigns I missed!

Many thanks,

Post #: 33
Reply - 8/11/2003 6:10:19 AM   
BruceAZ

Hello David:

There are some scenario and campaign items that I would like to see added but do not consider them a "problem" if they aren't available. I sent them in before but I think Mike moved them to another forum. No big deal.

The only problem I have ever had with SPWAW is with the game crashing to the desktop. I have learned to manage this by saving after every turn, and not playing continously for a long periods of time. I think I overwhelm my computer resources and need to restart after an hour to clear every thing. This happens with great frequency while playing Germany vs USSR. My system is a P4 at 2 gig with 500 MB of SDRAM. It handles all other games including UV with ease except SPWAW.

Good luck on your update.

Recon
Semper Fi

Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI