Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Switches.....suggestions?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Switches.....suggestions? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Switches.....suggestions? - 9/26/2018 5:54:31 PM   
ETF

OK using the following Switches.....very smooth. The map though seems a little stretched. What would help you think? I tried 1920 or 2560 but it seems to slow down. Using an I7 - Nividia 1060 video card. Using a 27" monitor.

Any suggestions?

"D:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" cpu3 -dd_sw -fixART -SingleCpuOrders -deepColor -px1280 -py1024 -skipVideo

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer
Post #: 1
RE: Switches.....suggestions? - 9/26/2018 6:07:42 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: ETF

OK using the following Switches.....very smooth. The map though seems a little stretched. What would help you think? I tried 1920 or 2560 but it seems to slow down. Using an I7 - Nividia 1060 video card. Using a 27" monitor.

Any suggestions?

"D:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" cpu3 -dd_sw -fixART -SingleCpuOrders -deepColor -px1280 -py1024 -skipVideo

The resolution is best if it is one native to your video card and monitor - i.e. one that is already built into their chips so they do not have to calculate the display before putting it up. On my 18" monitor I use 1920X1080 which is my native desktop res. That gives me 25 hexes wide on the main map which is enough for most purposes, but the text does get pretty small so I have to wear my glasses while playing.

The guys who are working over 2200 pixel resolution must have newer UltraHD monitors and/or high end video cards.

Right click on your desktop to view properties and see what options it gives you for other resolutions.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 2
RE: Switches.....suggestions? - 9/26/2018 8:19:28 PM   
Admiral DadMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: ETF

Any suggestions?

I suggess that you remove "-dd_sw".

Personally, I run in Windowed Mode (-w) and I rarely have issues:

-w -pxf1848 -pyf1048 -deepColor -dd_sw -cpu2

the "f" in the px/py commands is a forced mode for a non-standard screen size. since I run my task bar on the side of my screen and not on the bottom.

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Switches.....suggestions? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI