Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: John Tiller's Napoleonic Battles

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: John Tiller's Napoleonic Battles Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: John Tiller's Napoleonic Battles - 1/11/2022 3:18:27 PM   
Philippeatbay

My next re-release was delayed because I kept finding annoying little glitches in the 2D and 3D symbols files that kept creeping back into the mod when I wasn't looking.

I have now updated and harmonized three of the Napoleonic mods with the WDS version. These are the Waterloo mod version 6.3, the Eckmuhl mod version 5.4, and the Marengo mod version 2.0.

As a reminder, I'm going to spend any modding energy I still have on updating the mod and finishing the series before I do anything about the screenshots, so the screenshots in the first post show what the game looked like before the WDS version.

The Marengo mod is only version 2.0 because there is still some tinkering to be done. The current cover music is something of a placeholder, and will probably be replaced by a clip from Mendelssohn's Italian Symphony if I ever get around to moving my sound-editing software from my old Windows 7 computer. For those who care about such things, I've included a units_alt file that has a background flag for the 14th Legere in the Info folder. The Marengo mod spurred me to roll out a new set of self-explanatory symbols for supply wagons that have been retro-fitted to the Waterloo and Eckmuhl mods. The magnified 2D symbol for naval units is new; the 3D symbols existed in the older mod and are derived from the old Talonsoft Age of Sail game via my mod for the war between Russian and Sweden over Finland in 1809.

As always, the Box links to these three mods (Waterloo 6.3, Eckmuhl 5.4, and Marengo 2.0) can be found in the first post of this thread. I haven't decided what to do about the Dropbox links, but for the moment they aren't needed.

Once again, make sure that you install the Marengo mod over a clean un-modded copy of the WDS version of Marengo. The mod is designed to be played with the Background sound on, and the music off.

< Message edited by Philippeatbay -- 1/11/2022 10:42:12 PM >

(in reply to Philippeatbay)
Post #: 61
RE: John Tiller's Napoleonic Battles - 1/11/2022 9:30:11 PM   
BeneQ

You're doing great job! This mod is great, especially 3D units (flags!). If only there is a way to help count me in!

Just wanted to say that I really appreciate your work and Im waiting for new releases to other titles!

(in reply to Philippeatbay)
Post #: 62
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: John Tiller's Napoleonic Battles Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI